I just spoke to the BestBuy where I placed my pre-order and gave me some great news. Earlier today (around 11am) I had called them to see if the Storms had come in yet and to make sure I am going to get my Storm tomorrow. The woman I spoke with confirmed I was #2 on the list, and said that as long as the truck shows up today, I will be able to get it tomorrow. This made me a bit nervous, so I started to make plans to go down to my local VZW corp store at 6:30 (7am Opening).

I started to get worried and called them again just now (5:30pm). The guy answered and I asked him if the truck with the Storms had come in yet, and he said yes, but they only got 3 (!!!!!!!!!!!!). I said wow, can you confirm what number I am on the list and I have him my name, and he said you are number 2 so you will be able to get yours tomorrow morning. What a relief, no more worrying, just drive down there tomorrow morning and pick it up.

What is going on though, only getting 3 pre-orders? I made my pre-order on the 6th, the night after the flyer was posted on BGR's website. I am assuming there are people on the list who will not be getting Storms tomorrow. Anyone else shocked that they are only getting 3?
    11-20-08 06:26 PM
    Not to be mean, but there are at least 50 posts on this exact same subject. Hype and shortages are all parts of marketing. Who cares? In a week there will be piles of Storms everywhere.
    11-20-08 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD