So my sister's friend spilled some coke on her Storm, in the bottom left hand corner (by the green phone button) the phone seems to be working functionally still, except the screen in that corner only seems to be sticking a little bit (like when a keyboard key sticks, same effect) she also complained about it moving slower, but I checked her memory and it was at 23 mbs and she doesn't really battery pull so I'm attributing that aspect to those reasons, I'm performing a battery pull right now so I'll update on that..

As for the screen, any suggestions? She didn't know about the bowl of rice trick and it's too late now, so what can we do?

Thanks in advance
    02-07-09 01:33 PM
    Bowl of rice trick won't work for soda, that only takes care of moisture issues, there really isn't much you can do to get out of this sticky situation, depending on how bad it is. you could try to get a replacement. just a thought.
    02-07-09 01:54 PM
    Oh, I was under the impression the rice worked for any liquids, but thanks for clearing that up. I'm not sure if she got insurance on hers, and I didn't call when I got my storm, but since I previously had insurance it should carry over to the new phone right? That's what I heard at least, please correct if wrong.
    02-07-09 02:22 PM
    ya lots of syrupy sugar goodness in coke so rice is a no go. do a quick search on removing the screen, might be your best shot. alcohol towlette will help to wipe the stickiness. If you do not feel comfortable doing something like that take a business card and one of the towlettes and run it between the screen and the bezel. I use a sticky note in the same manner to get dust out from the same area and I can run the S.N. under the screen in the corner, so you might be able to get some of the junk up...let us know
    02-07-09 02:31 PM
    how does rice get rid of powder... sorry i had to get that one in there!
    02-07-09 02:49 PM
    lol I wasn't thinking of contents I was thinking state of matter.. coke = liquid. Granted coke does have a high sugar content, you don't refer to coke as a solid because of the sugar.. =P
    02-07-09 02:51 PM
    Get a replacement. Over time, the performance will erode until the phone is innoperable.

When the phone isn't being used much, the phone is cool and that sticky mess will dry. However, when the phone is being used (and heats up as a result), that sticky mess will melt and spread throughout the phone.
    02-07-09 02:52 PM
    Interesting, thanks. Do you think I could get a replace sent through my line, but send back hers? (I have insurance, if it transfers over and I don't think she does)
    02-07-09 02:53 PM
    Insurance does carry over. However, I don't know if that would work (you sending hers in).
    02-07-09 03:11 PM
    lol I wasn't thinking of contents I was thinking state of matter.. coke = liquid. Granted coke does have a high sugar content, you don't refer to coke as a solid because of the sugar.. =P
    Obviously we we thinking of different types of coke lol! the one i was thinking of has no sugar content!
    02-07-09 03:20 PM
    Obviously we we thinking of different types of coke lol! the one i was thinking of has no sugar content!
    hopefully :wink: :wink:
    02-07-09 04:53 PM
    I don't think it would work. They keep track of the esn and all that so I think they would be able to tell you are trying to hose them. You would be in a worse spot then you are in now If you did that, IMHO
    Interesting, thanks. Do you think I could get a replace sent through my line, but send back hers? (I have insurance, if it transfers over and I don't think she does)
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD