I accidentally spilled pop on my storm (dumb). I quickly pulled the battery and dried it off. But obviously it crept into the cracks between the screen and the frame, now clicking is extremely sticky. But everything is still working/displaying fine.

My question is, if I pulled the battery, took a toothbrush and some rubbing alcohol and gently scrubbed inbetween the cracks, would that possibly affect the LCD in any way? I am just worried about the rubbing alcohol getting inside the screen itself (not sure what this would do to the internals of the LCD).

I saw the videos regarding disassembly, looks pretty straightforward but I would like to avoid that.

Searched a bit and can not find anyone who did something as clumsy as I just did .

Thanks
    01-21-09 11:03 PM
    If it was mountain dew then u should pissed that u waisted sum

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 11:06 PM
    its pronounced.... S - O - D - A
    01-21-09 11:07 PM
    Yeah, I have to say that your real problem is that you're using a word like "pop".
    01-21-09 11:12 PM
    Yeah, I have to say that your real problem is that you're using a word like "pop".
    Don't mind them. :P I'm from Chicago originally and I got the same grief about saying "pop" when I moved here to Pennsylvania. Just a cultural thing. Anyway, I don't know many people who have done that, but if you're considering taking it apart, you should ensure that it doesn't void your warranty. Worst case, if it stops working and you have the insurance on the phone, you could always fork over the $50 and get it replaced. I'm not sure what the effect of rubbing alcohol would be on the screen, but be sure you're ready to replace the unit before trying it.
    01-21-09 11:19 PM
    its pronounced.... S - O - D - A
    Actually soft drinks are Soda-Pop.

So I think pop or soda is fine.

01-21-09 11:33 PM
    Thanks for a useful reply MorningAngelus. I didn't realize people hang out at this forum just to quickly reply with useless information. Maybe it's cool to bump your post count up?

And for you "nylife" I would have to say that your real problem is not being cultured enough to realize that pop, soda, and coke are used widely throughout the U.S. with the same general meaning (a soft drink). So do me a favor and don't respond to post's just to throw in some smart *** comment. You're so cool.

Now that I know it does not void my warranty, I will probably just POP* it open.
    01-21-09 11:34 PM
    No worries. Happy to help. Enjoy your device and hopefully you get it cleaned.
    01-21-09 11:37 PM
    ...et concepit de spritu sancto ...Ave Maria...
    01-22-09 12:01 AM
    Lmfao, this reminds me of me spilling pop on my keyboards on accident lol. Good luck getting it non-sticky. =)

01-22-09 12:03 AM
    In the mid-west, and most of Canada, it's called pop. Now that I'm living in California, I've decided everyone else here should change the way they say it so I don't have to. It's slow going though, but it's California... No one should have to do anything they don't want to.

Anyway, I wouldn't think what you did would affect the screen too much, but like has been suggested, you can always eat the $50 for a replacement if it does.
    01-22-09 12:03 AM
    Theres a group on facebook I'm in that this thread made me think of ...

And By "Pop" You Mean "I'm a Dumbass!" | Facebook
    01-22-09 12:29 AM
    LMAO! Sigh...I'm from KS, it's soooo soda! Not soda pop, not pop, not pepsi, and not coke...it's freakin soda!

Either way, I'm sorry about your storm...not that you spilled soda on it...just that you bought one...ouch!
    01-22-09 01:26 AM
    It's pop. It has always been pop and WILL always be pop.

"Soda" recap...it's POP.

01-22-09 12:41 PM
    Don't they call all soda-pop "Coke" down south?
    01-22-09 12:56 PM
    Was POP ok? And what about Snap and Krackle?
    01-22-09 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD