Hey.. today at work I picked up my Strom 2 Berry and it slipped out of its holster and hit the ground and smashed the screen. The actual LCD is ok and still works fine, it lights up, i can see it and the screen still scrolls and i can use the the phone like normal but the glass is all cracked and little shards are coming off. can i get just the glass infront of the LCD replaced and not have to waste money buying a whole new LCD as it still works fine or is the glass you touch part of the actual LCD screen..? Im spewing.. ive only had the phone for about a week..!

cheers.
    05-24-10 08:06 AM
    I would think the glass would be seperate. Your thread title will probably get the mod's attention...lol
    05-24-10 09:01 AM
    post pictures for our entertainment!
    05-24-10 09:03 AM
    LOL
    10char
    05-24-10 09:09 AM
    That's just wrong!
    05-24-10 09:37 AM
    Hey.. today at work I picked up my Strom 2 Berry and it slipped out of its holster and hit the ground and smashed the screen. The actual LCD is ok and still works fine, it lights up, i can see it and the screen still scrolls and i can use the the phone like normal but the glass is all cracked and little shards are coming off. can i get just the glass infront of the LCD replaced and not have to waste money buying a whole new LCD as it still works fine or is the glass you touch part of the actual LCD screen..? Im spewing.. ive only had the phone for about a week..!

cheers.
    this is why I have insurance on my phone. I've nearly dropped my S2 a couple of times already. Once my heart settles down I'm fine, but for a few seconds it's panicsville!
    05-24-10 11:01 AM
    05-24-10 11:20 AM
    I dropped my naked phone at a bar one time when I was sitting on one of the stools and I couldn't even bend over to pick it up had one of my friends do it. Luckily just a few dings on the casing. I feel for ya.
    05-24-10 12:51 PM
    You can replace the digitizer only for sure. Just make sure you have the correct double-sided tape to stick it on the lcd. The tape that RIM used on mine was clear and thin. You can also get the lcd and digitizer together to save you the trouble of getting the digitizer off and then back on the lcd, as this is the hardest part. Very doable, just takes a little time. The digitizer listed above will work. I got mine from an ebay seller named gadgetfix and they were very good, I think it was the same price. Here a post with pics on this: http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/in...itizer-401265/
    There's also some videos on youtube of the disassembly. Good luck.
    05-24-10 03:25 PM
    I never dropped either of my kids when they were babies. I would NEVER drop this baby either, lol.

I clean and powder it too! :O
    05-24-10 06:57 PM
    Ouch that hurt!

BKVic
    05-25-10 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD