is there a way to speed up the browser on the storm 2 9550? the browser is very slow even when browsing over wifi; i ave even reset the phone.

one more thing normally if i dial *120# or so on a gsm phone i would get an option saying requesting or sending but if i now dial it on the storm 2 it make a voice call instead. is there a way to dial numbers like *120#, *134#, *136# *121*1234567898342# and so on without it dialing the voice call?
    01-03-11 08:09 AM
    is there a way to speed up the browser on the storm 2 9550? the browser is very slow even when browsing over wifi; i ave even reset the phone.

one more thing normally if i dial *120# or so on a gsm phone i would get an option saying requesting or sending but if i now dial it on the storm 2 it make a voice call instead. is there a way to dial numbers like *120#, *134#, *136# *121*1234567898342# and so on without it dialing the voice call?
    Glue an Android handset to the back of your Storm and use the droid's browser!
    01-03-11 08:28 AM
    Thats funny cause it's true. I was just thinking this the other day. Seems like BB cripples the browser/internet speeds on purpose because surfing is so much faster on Droid line of phones.

Opera Mini is damn slow too. I think it's the BB network stack or the OS in general. Does anyone know if all network traffic goes through blackberry servers? or just email?
    01-03-11 10:53 AM
    Opera mini is slow? Although it does render a watered down version of pages my phone on opera is almost as fast as my cable internet at home. And I am referring to it on 3g, not wifi. Maybe you have something set wrong?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-11 01:11 PM
    Shoot it out of a cannon.
    01-03-11 01:20 PM
    yeah opera isn't even close to the native BB browser. I tested my Opera browser speed against my wife's original Droid and it was pretty even.

01-03-11 01:24 PM
    I'll play with opera a little more to see if I see the speed you guys are seeing. Thanks for the feedback. Maybe a couple battery pulls will do it.
    01-03-11 01:33 PM
    Glue an Android handset to the back of your Storm and use the droid's browser!
    Wow! That's helpful. Have any advice that isn't totally worthless?

OP have you tried Bolt? It doesn't fix the native browser, but it's an alternative. Since Storm2 isn't getting BB6 it's either that or opera mini.

Last edited by pcgizmo; 01-03-11 at 03:02 PM.
    01-03-11 02:54 PM
    thanks for all the suggestions guys. But i think i like dave1812 idea better. Dave can you provide us with a guide for you theory? thanks in advance
    01-03-11 07:45 PM
    thanks for all the suggestions guys. But i think i like dave1812 idea better. Dave can you provide us with a guide for you theory? thanks in advance
    ah, the only "proof" is the grin on every android user's face when they use the 'net on their phones. or on their Tabs... hey, did you see the latest? Apparently there is a brand-spanking new release of Opera coming down the pike that makes for buttery-smooth panning and pinch-to-zoom for Android tablets. 2011 is going to be a great year for tablets!

Opera for tablets teased on video, bringing first public preview to CES (video) -- Engadget
    01-03-11 10:56 PM

I use my original browser on my storm 2. I just don't load it with a bunch of apps, keep it clean and clear my cookies and history. Also, I have it set to low image quality, for a faster browser time. My BB loads in seconds..goes page to page withen seconds. Works fine if you keep your memory up and phone clean.

01-03-11 11:04 PM
    I use my original browser on my storm 2. I just don't load it with a bunch of apps, keep it clean and clear my cookies and history. Also, I have it set to low image quality, for a faster browser time. My BB loads in seconds..goes page to page withen seconds. Works fine if you keep your memory up and phone clean.

The native browser can be configured to get the job done (nowhere near android/iOS) but in seconds? Try loading the full version of Crackberry and see if it doesn't come to a screeching halt. I used to use the full site in column view until the new look launched. Most other sites are still alright but I have to use the wap site now.

01-04-11 11:30 PM
    thanks guys. Am jus wondering if blackberry is ever going to step there game up with there browser i remember way back then when they said we would get flash player on our blackberry. wondering if the storm 3 is goigto be better
    01-05-11 05:43 PM
    Scary fast, in fact, to get to that first list of hits. It is my
    right convenience key. Doctor Neutron
    01-05-11 08:06 PM
    Scary fast, in fact, to get to that first list of hits. It is my
    right convenience key. Doctor Neutron
    BB connection speed is pretty good. It's the browser that's slow.

01-05-11 08:14 PM

How much memory are we talking here? I have 51MB of free space on my Storm2 and I use the vast majority of the apps regularly.

I have noticed that the browser is slow from time-to-time, but usually there is no problem with speed for me. And when it is slow, it's also slow over my WiFi at home.
    01-05-11 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD