Turn off your GPS if your not using it. I have had my Storm since day 1 and have had GPS enabled since I bought the phone.

I was curious so I put it back to 911 only. I have not done a Battery Pull/Hard Reset in going on 2 days, and needless to say after disabling GPS it's going in and out of apps and loading everything 100% faster than it was 10 minutes ago before disabling GPS. I still have not done a battery pull and it's working a lot better.

Just give it a try, what do you have to lose? It only takes 20 seconds to turn it back on when you need to map something out.
    Last edited by dcoy82; 12-18-08 at 05:51 PM.
    12-18-08 05:44 PM
    Upon going to the option I've realized that it was actually already on 911. Didn't even know. Well I put back to Location ON and don't really see any difference in performance. Its crazy how so many DIFFERENT things are working for people as far as speeding up there phones. Bizarre.
    12-18-08 05:52 PM
    Where do i go to turn it off?

sorry, yes i am super-noob lol
    12-18-08 05:52 PM
    options > Advanced > GPS > Second option
    12-18-08 05:53 PM
    Upon going to the option I've realized that it was actually already on 911. Didn't even know. Well I put back to Location ON and don't really see any difference in performance. Its crazy how so many DIFFERENT things are working for people as far as speeding up there phones. Bizarre.
    Once you have turned it on, goto a map program and load up your current GPS location to initiate your GPS. Then exit out of the program and see if you see any difference.
    12-18-08 05:54 PM
    Once you have turned it on, goto a map program and load up your current GPS location to initiate your GPS. Then exit out of the program and see if you see any difference.
    I'll try that, just give me a sec. Doin a restore.
    12-18-08 05:56 PM
    I'll try that, just give me a sec. Doin a restore.
    Any update yet cocruxified?
    12-18-08 06:46 PM
    I've tried it both ways and see no difference. I am one of the few though, that seem to be getting 3 days between charges. I think the battery life is quite good actually, way better than my old WM device.
    12-18-08 07:48 PM
    It didn't help me much I lost 1 MB of App Mem after turning it off and doing Soft Reset. :\
    12-18-08 08:02 PM
    I have tried both ways and have not seen a diffrence in performance. But I cant really complain about my device either. It is running like a champ.
    12-18-08 08:03 PM
    Any update yet cocruxified?
    Nah, no difference at all. Sorry. I'm glad its working for you though.
    12-18-08 08:04 PM
    Where do i go to turn it off?

sorry, yes i am super-noob lol
    I'm with you on that one. I don't even know what a GUI is.
    12-18-08 08:24 PM
    GUI = Graphical User Interface. Basically the interface that you look at on the phone.

To turn off GPS:
    Options -> Advanced Options -> GPS -> Second Option set to 'E911 Only'
    12-18-08 08:33 PM
    Nah, no difference at all. Sorry. I'm glad its working for you though.
    Dang well sorry that it didn't improve anything for you I'll be at 48 hours without a battery pull or soft reset here in about 30 mins and I still have seen a vast improvement since I turned my GPS off a while ago when I made this thread.
    12-18-08 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD