Okay. i'll bite. I've seen nothing (remembering I'm a newbie) concerning:

Execept for memorization, how do you know (without going in to the speed dials) who is which number?

I know my wife is #2 but where is my son (as vs. one or the other of my daughters)?

would it not be appropriate for the number pad to list the individual's name below the number? So that when you bring up the Dial Pad you see (for example) the #1 and Voicemail under it. Or the #2 and Carol under it (that's my wife's name, you see)?

Also, you ALL seem to be accepting the fact that there are only 10 speed dial numbers. I personally believe that's an injustice to this magnificent machine.

I came from a long line of Treo phones and all of them had some sort of speed dial system that made my life-let's face it-easier.

We Stormers should accept nothing less. Now, I'm not saying this tool is not the best in the world. far from it. it really is maaarvooolous! Truly. But imagine if the Speed Dial were better!

Maybe i'm in the wrong forum. if i am, my apologies. but i think that if RIM doesn't do it, then a 3rd party app can.

Let me (and the rest of us) know-please!
    02-27-09 05:33 PM
    I agree... it should show the number or name that is assigned to that speed dial when you hover on the number... I can never remember who is who
    02-27-09 06:08 PM
    That's actually the first GOOD feature suggestion I've seen anyone suggest. I too can't remember who's where on my speed dial list, so I tend not to use it. There's a lot of extra space on the dial pad in the dialer app, so seems like it should be possible. And if they add more than 10 speed dial numbers in a later release, they can just have it so you dial like * or # to get to the next set of numbers on the list... Each time you enter in, say #, it jumps forward 10 spots in the speed dial list. Would get a bit ugly by the time you get to the 70s, 80s, and 90s, but some other system could possibly be devised.
    02-27-09 06:18 PM
    Hit that face or face dial is working best for me. i assigned it to rightside convinence key and spent a little time arranging my contacts to my liking. i use it 90% of time rather that SD or direct dialing, but i do agree with everyone here. way too much machine to be missing such a little detail.
    02-27-09 06:23 PM
    BTW, as an inside joke to me, i use pictures of animals or other funny pics for people that i dont have pics of. my ex-wife comes to mind. funny pic of her!
    02-27-09 06:25 PM
    BTW, as an inside joke to me, i use pictures of animals or other funny pics for people that i dont have pics of. my ex-wife comes to mind. funny pic of her!
    What animal did you go with for the wife?
    02-27-09 06:28 PM
    Okay. i'll bite. I've seen nothing (remembering I'm a newbie) concerning:

Execept for memorization, how do you know (without going in to the speed dials) who is which number?

I know my wife is #2 but where is my son (as vs. one or the other of my daughters)?

would it not be appropriate for the number pad to list the individual's name below the number? So that when you bring up the Dial Pad you see (for example) the #1 and Voicemail under it. Or the #2 and Carol under it (that's my wife's name, you see)?

Also, you ALL seem to be accepting the fact that there are only 10 speed dial numbers. I personally believe that's an injustice to this magnificent machine.

I came from a long line of Treo phones and all of them had some sort of speed dial system that made my life-let's face it-easier.

We Stormers should accept nothing less. Now, I'm not saying this tool is not the best in the world. far from it. it really is maaarvooolous! Truly. But imagine if the Speed Dial were better!

Maybe i'm in the wrong forum. if i am, my apologies. but i think that if RIM doesn't do it, then a 3rd party app can.

Let me (and the rest of us) know-please!

I totally agree with you.

here's a link to something I posted a long time ago. I would LOVE it if the stuff under "phone & phonebook" were implemented somehow. But I'm realistic enough to know that it probably never will be.

anyway, here's my post

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/os...4/#post1267105
    02-27-09 07:05 PM
    This is one of the things I miss most about my 8830. Just as suprising to me is the fact that no one has developed a 3rd party app to fill the void! (other than face dial, which I wasn't too keen on...)
    02-27-09 07:18 PM
    What animal did you go with for the wife?

i looked for a gold digging jack *** but had to settle for a skunk. she farts really bad...
    02-27-09 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD