So this question is for the guys in the "know", What is next??

What are we to expect?? Is there something that is being tested? We've seen 4 OS updates since the phone Launched on Dec 11 in Canada, is RIM still going strong wanting to provide us with more updates??

Any rumours in the mill??

Let's hear something.....
    01-26-09 12:22 AM
    Try reading the 16,347,221 other threads/posts on this topic...
    01-26-09 12:23 AM
    I didn't find any specific thread on this topic.... So thought i'd start one which just deals with speculations.
    01-26-09 12:26 AM
    I don't work for VZW or RIM but going by patterns my guess is that .92 or .93 will leak sometime in the next week or so, will probably fix bluetooth but break something else and then.95 will leak in early Feb and then release a day or two later (ie .75) fixing most if not all of the major bugs.

my $0.02
    01-26-09 12:27 AM
    Time is limited I'm hearing that .100 series will be only OTA. That means no more downloading. Also done forget we haven't gotn an update for vcast that's mention at launch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 07:25 AM
    Only OTA??
    Hummm, means it would have to be released officially, no??
    It doesn't make sense to just have it OTA though, don't u agree?
    01-26-09 10:22 AM
    Time is limited I'm hearing that .100 series will be only OTA. That means no more downloading. Also done forget we haven't gotn an update for vcast that's mention at launch.

That makes no sense. If we're on a private Enterprise BES, OTA isn't available. And why would they want to take up that much airtime bandwidth forcing all upgrades OTA?
    01-26-09 10:41 AM
    Nope... would immediately snoop all the data we are allowed to use per month (fair use policy of about 64MB as I was told) here in NL on vodafone. So if the OS is about 100, well... there ya go.

Nah, can't be true.

BUT I'd like a new leak though. One which works again on the 9500
    01-26-09 10:42 AM
    Yeah i highly doubt it would be just OTA.
    Wouldn't make much sense.
    01-26-09 12:53 PM
    .91 is leaving RIM shortly if not out to partners, but will likely not get out. I would look for .93 in about 10 days to 2 weeks.
    01-26-09 01:17 PM
    See now there is something we can go on.... Ladies and Gentlemen, mark your calenders :P haha
    01-26-09 01:18 PM
    I would IMAGINE that .91 has already left RIM some time ago. I've been told they are waaaaaay past .92.... So why .91 wouldn't come out for the 9500 leaves me with a big questionmark hovering over my head. Blinking... Especially since it would be nice to know if .91 would work on 9500, since the .90 didn't.

And definately there is something up with the headphones. Again, today my phone rebooted shortly after I plugged my headphone/set (OEM) in the device. It has done so on every build....... even the official .78....

That sucks when you're driving and... OOPS, the phone is booting... Will it work? Or will it crash? Will it be slow? Need to see what address I needed to goto... hmmm.... BOOOOMMMM!! accident..... Damn you RIM!! (of course its their fault, not mine for using the phone while driving )
    01-26-09 02:22 PM
    MISSES
    I think what he was saying that .91 hasn't been a success that's why RIM is going to let it be. The next acutal release we should see is .93 in a couple of weeks if all testing goes through properly.
    01-26-09 03:28 PM
    Per Sith:

"versions .91-.93 are in testing internally (.91 may be released to partners today, not sure) but they do work in increments."

This is the absolute latest.
    01-26-09 03:44 PM
    Speculation, speculation, speculation!!!

The next OS for the Storm will be available when it is released, but I would GUESS that RIM will be more cautious going forward, if for no other reason than the bad publisity they are getting.

Obviously Verizon is being cautious and seems not willing to officially release the next OS, until it is stable and that is the correct approach.

By the way, I have been having good luck with the leaked OS's, but did reloaded .90 today because my phone would become very slow and laggy after about two days of operation and no reboots. This is the first time I have found it necessary to reload, but I am running a leaked OS, so it was my choice.

I intend to stick with RIM and Verizon as I am confident they will get it right.
    01-26-09 03:53 PM

i know a ton of people with generic data plans. I doubt RIM would MAKE you pay for BB service just to upgrade their device.
    01-26-09 04:49 PM
    What is next? "Buggy busted *** smartphones are the "New reality""

RIM is going nowhere, fast.
    01-26-09 05:09 PM
    4.7.0.91 will be next leak in my opinion
    01-26-09 05:14 PM
    for 9500 of course...
    and preferably when I wake up tomorrow in about 7 or 8 hours

BTW, you did see what eve does when she gets into a "hissyfit" right?

I'm just sayin...
    01-26-09 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD