Hello,

I am really new to the Storm, and I was wondering what are the compatible movie types that can be loaded directly on the Storm. I want to put some DVD's I have on it, as well as some music videos, etc. Is there a way to rip the DVD from my PC and put it on the blackberry? What is the necessary software (free if possible)?

Thank you,

raiderleaf

PS: Are there any restrictions on audio/picture formats as well?
    03-02-09 08:13 AM
    search for DVD to Storm with Pictures. super easy to do. PM me with any questions
    03-02-09 08:35 AM
    stick with .mp4
    03-02-09 09:00 AM
    Well xvids videos surprisingly works on the storm. Mp4, xvids(a lot of avi files) works for the storm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 09:08 AM
    Handbrake is software that works really well for converting your DVD collection to work on your phone. It gives you a list of preselected formats on the right hand side and if you chose any of these the one that I found works best is the one for PSP. Of course you could always mess around with the settings to your liking but the PSP setting is nearly flawless. My only gripe is that it puts it in a widescreen mode so you have the black bars at the top and bottom of the screen like on your TV when watching a movie. That aside, the sound quality, picture quality and frame rate is perfect. There is never any mismatching between sounds and movement or lagging during action intensive scenes. None of the movies I have converted are over a gig of space and some are over 2 hours long which is nice because you can fit more on the memory card. It's free by visiting Handbrake.com.
    03-02-09 10:05 AM
    Handbrake is software that works really well for converting your DVD collection to work on your phone. It gives you a list of preselected formats on the right hand side and if you chose any of these the one that I found works best is the one for PSP. Of course you could always mess around with the settings to your liking but the PSP setting is nearly flawless. My only gripe is that it puts it in a widescreen mode so you have the black bars at the top and bottom of the screen like on your TV when watching a movie. That aside, the sound quality, picture quality and frame rate is perfect. There is never any mismatching between sounds and movement or lagging during action intensive scenes. None of the movies I have converted are over a gig of space and some are over 2 hours long which is nice because you can fit more on the memory card. It's free by visiting Handbrake.com.
    That is great! Is there any option though to change that aspect ratio so it outputs in Fullscreen? What format is the PSP?
    03-02-09 10:09 AM
    What format is the PSP?
    For PSP my "replay converter" used MP4.
    03-02-09 10:17 AM
    Thank you, I look forward to giving it a try!
    03-02-09 11:56 AM
    no website for handbrake.com
    03-03-09 07:58 AM
    no website for handbrake.com
    haha you're right my bad I found it by doing a google search
    03-03-09 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD