I have searched and not found the right answer so here goes....
    I depend on my calendar for my nail salon appointment book. Lately when I sync my calender it is deleting previous appointments from the calendar. I really thought I had it set to keep all appointments. Luckily I printed it out for Jan through March but I have lost all previous April appointments.

Can you tell me specifically where to set KEEP ALL APPOINTMENTS so I don't lose information. Not sure if the problem is in Outlook, or the sync itself. This so so frustrating.
    Thanks for help
    04-23-09 09:27 AM
    Calendar > options > general options > keep appointments > forever.

That said, u may be losing events due 2 low memory level. Phone starts 2 delete files @ ~12,000,000 bytes file free.

Click below 4 great crackberry how 2 on freeing up memory.

Hope this helps.
    04-23-09 07:06 PM
    try this, calendar>menu>options. see how many calendars you have listed. and see if any of them show any entries.

also calendar>menu>select calendar> set to show all.

also, from the main menu, options> advanced options> default services> select the calander you want as default.

i had same problem. had nothing to do with memory. i had conflicting calendars and or a corrupt calendar file. i dont know how to tell you to fix it. just what i did. if all else fails id call your provider or call BB. they walked me through a wipe of the phone and resetup the "default" calendar. anyway, it was confusing but the problem is solved now. But make sure you back up your phone if you end up needing to wipe it.

good luck!
    04-24-09 01:51 AM
    I made sure I had Keep Forever set but I suspect the conflict is in all the calendars. I didn't realize there was a calendar for each of the 4 emails I had set up. Somehow some appointments are under different calendars.
    I also do NOT know Outlook at all so I have no idea what I am doing with it.
    I am sure it is not a memory issue as these past appointments only disappear after syncing. I also checked to make sure I had the sync set to keep all appointments.
    I am afraid to backup or sync not knowing what is going to happen each time.
    04-25-09 07:07 AM
    If u are using google sync they have set parameters to delete old appointments. They recently updated their program to allow u to save of to 4 weeks. But that's it. Their parameters trump the Keep Forever on the calendar option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 07:35 AM
    I'm new to blackberry and just how clever it is. I have a 8900 Curve.
    I have a problem with calendars. When I first entered appointments into the calendar screen I did not realise that there was a calendar for each Email address contained on the phone. The default calendar turned out to be the one that I subsequently deleted from the calendar list found under "calendar".
    All was well and the appointments continued to appear because the system was set to "show all calendars" I continued to enter appointments using my now new default Email address without any problem It was only when I tried to delete an appointment that I had entered via the now deleted Email address that my troubles started.
    If I try to delete one of these appointment I get the prompt "Appointment deleted externally. Changes will be lost and the viewer closed" I OK this. The appointment has not been deleted. I guess I shouldn't have deleted the Email address before deleting the appointments associated with it but it's now too late. My local "Orange" shop who supplied the phone thought that resetting the phone would work but it doesn't.
    Please can any one help me overcome this problem.
    regards, RexT
    05-17-09 07:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD