Has anyone had problems with their speakers? The first storm 2 I had the top speaker went out
    after two weeks. The second one I got the top speaker is significantly quieter thing the bottom speaker. Has anyone else encountered similar problems?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 12:03 PM
    I didn't realize it has two speakers. I just thought there was one at the bottom.

Edit - I think the top speaker is for phone calls(headset) and the bottom is for speaker phone.
    Last edited by heateris; 11-29-09 at 04:09 PM.
    11-29-09 03:40 PM
    my headset speaker is starting to make a rattle sound when people talk on it. the speaker phone one is fine so far.
    11-29-09 04:47 PM
    I think there are two speakers. The top one is quiet though. I could be wrong but not sure either.
    11-30-09 12:18 AM
    same problem here. 1st storm 2 worked great for 3 days then i dropped it and it started to distort. i thought it was from the drop so i returned it and got another new one. new one was perfect for 5 days now its doing the same thing without the drop. i almost think it may be software related but who knows. mine is crystal clear on bluetooth though. oh well, here we go again, it took 6 storm 1s to get a good one so maybe i am only 4 away. its going back tomorrow if i have time.
    12-01-09 06:22 PM
    Mines on Bluetooth and speaker is fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 06:46 PM
    can someone who definitely knows answer this: it there really a top speaker, b/c on mine, absolutely no sound comes out of the top speaker hole between the power and mute buttons....sound only comes out of the bottom speaker.....
    12-12-09 01:45 AM
    Im on my 3rd due to speaker issues.
    12-12-09 02:59 AM
    guys, the top hole is not a speaker. Compare it with the bottom one. They are different.
    12-12-09 03:22 AM
    is anyone that has had problems with the speakers going bad using the magnetic case to store them in. the service department has told me that the magnets that put the phine in sleep mode are causeing prblems with the speaker in the earset. just wondering if they are all from that or are they just putting me off.
    01-08-10 06:40 PM
    idk bout speaker issues but it seems like some people may be too rough on deez phones lol
    01-08-10 08:23 PM
    I believe that this may be caused by dust actually. As my first storm 2 worked great until i was working around sheetrock and dust got on it. from that point on i could tap it sometimes to make the rattling stop but it was annoying as ****. I replaced the phone ant the same thing it was great until it encountered the slightest amount of dust now this one is doing the same thing.
    To clarify... it is the earpiece speaker that rattles not the speakerphone which is the speaker for music to be played from, that works great.
    05-02-10 12:17 PM
    guys, the top hole is not a speaker. Compare it with the bottom one. They are different.
    That would be an awesome feature. Maybe the Storm3 will have two speakers
    It would be especially cool to have stereo speakers when watching video in landscape mode
    05-02-10 03:50 PM
    Ive had speaker issues with my s2 where it would be really low and distorted.There has been numerous posts about it and one guy suggested to pop the black cover which is the power/mute button cover.Use compressed air and go to town to blow the fine dust off the speaker.Its extremely easy to get dust in there and the speaker itself is very small..thus making it not perform with the slightest particles on it.I have tried this and now clean it once every 2 weeks or so due to my working environment and it does help quite a bit.Doesnt make it back to perfect but I can hear people again.
    05-02-10 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD