Okay I have searched and read everything I could about this phone and didn't find anybody talking about this so I'm sorry if I missed it somewhere... But where is the external speaker on this phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 07:51 PM
    look at the bottom next to the mic theres a slot i think maybe its there, or theres a hole on the bottom right of the phone the iPhone has the same set up.
    05-22-09 07:59 PM
    Okay thanks I've been looking at the pics thru my phone browser so can't blow em up that much. I could just tell the one on the back was gone. .

05-22-09 08:11 PM
    How does the battery latch. They got rid of the rubber feet.

05-22-09 08:32 PM
    Okay thanks I've been looking at the pics thru my phone browser so can't blow em up that much. I could just tell the one on the back was gone. .

Here is a better view of the bottom of the device.

How does the battery latch. They got rid of the rubber feet.

That is a good question. In all of the pictures that are shown, it looks like the battery door doesn't close all the way. Also looking at the picture with the battery cover off, it looks like there might be some type of button that opens the device on the bottom center of the door.

05-22-09 08:52 PM
    That seems to be a terrible spot for a speakerphone , right next to the microphone.......
    05-23-09 08:34 PM
    it looks to be above the camera to me
    05-23-09 08:47 PM
    ya. It does look like a speaker slot above the camera. Make much more sense there.
    05-23-09 09:00 PM
    I bet you the speaker is both holes, above the camera and also at the bottom of the phone by the mic...

That would be awesome and loud!!!!
    05-23-09 09:29 PM
    I bet you the speaker is both holes, above the camera and also at the bottom of the phone by the mic...

That would be awesome and loud!!!!
    Would be hard to do that. It would have to have 2 speakers in the 2 locations to have that work. I don't see RIM taking extra space in the phone for that. Save it for better stuff like WiFi.
    05-23-09 09:34 PM
    The speaker is on the back center of the phone near the bottom edge of the battery door cover. That's what that groove in the rubber strip is for- to let the sound out. This is the same way they do it on some other BlackBerry's, like the Curve.

If you zoom into that shot of the back with the door off you can see the speaker.
    05-24-09 01:44 AM
    if the speaker was anywhere near the mic that would be really bad for using speaker phone the other user would hear themselves talking.
    05-24-09 04:27 AM
    I wish the speaker was on the front.
    05-24-09 06:30 AM
    You don't see the speaker on the iTouch2 do you, yet its there. Who is to say they didn't do something similar to that.
    05-24-09 10:39 AM
    Would be hard to do that. It would have to have 2 speakers in the 2 locations to have that work. I don't see RIM taking extra space in the phone for that. Save it for better stuff like WiFi.
    If the speaker aren't large, it wouldn't take too much space. The 88xx has 2 speakers.
    05-27-09 12:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD