Has anybody purchased a cheap spare battery from eBay? I rarely run out of battery throughout the day but I do sometimes run out. I've been looking at a combo deal on eBay which was like $20 for a spare battery, car charger, and wall charger. If I had the money, I'd just buy OEM from CB store but I don't want to spend $100 buying those things.

I'll be doing some traveling when I have some family member visit end of the month and I'll most likely be using the GPS and/or Google Maps quite often and I don't want to run out of power.

Can somebody post links to cheap batteries if you bought them and let me know how they turned out.

Thanks!
    05-18-09 04:16 PM
    Unsolicited advice:

Buy oem / spend extra
    05-18-09 04:55 PM
    I bought an oem from Amazon 9sold through AccessoryOne ) for my bold. $32 including shipping.

The non oem stuff will probably blow up your phone.

Let me edit that - I would buy a non-oem from a trusted manufacturer or seller.
    Last edited by centerfield; 05-18-09 at 05:07 PM.
    05-18-09 05:04 PM
    I have an ebay battery in my phone as I type. Its been slightly better than the original. Chargers can sometimes be made cheaply and might break quickly but I don't think it will harm ur storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 05:19 PM
    I bought an OEM battery off Amazon. The battery was $2.36ish and with shipping it came out to around $8.46. I've had no issues with the battery, and the battery life is fantastic.
    05-18-09 05:21 PM
    I have an ebay battery in my phone as I type. Its been slightly better than the original. Chargers can sometimes be made cheaply and might break quickly but I don't think it will harm ur storm.

Can you tell me which buyer you bought your battery from? If you still have the link to the item you bought, I'd really appreciate it. Did you also get a cheap charger from ebay?
    05-18-09 05:48 PM
    I bought an OEM battery off Amazon. The battery was $2.36ish and with shipping it came out to around $8.46. I've had no issues with the battery, and the battery life is fantastic.
    That's the kind of deal I'm looking for.
    05-18-09 05:52 PM
    I just bought a battery. .... No link but here's the item number. 130299017776

05-18-09 06:29 PM
    I got this deal from ebay.
    2 x New Battery for BlackBerry Storm 9500 +Tons ofEXTRA - eBay (item 140311830606 end time Apr-28-09 11:46:31 PDT)

The batteries work great, last longer than the OEM and the wall charger works well too. Also, i believe the OEM batteries are made in China just like the ones I got. Almost every part in your phone comes from there anyways. When you buy OEM from RIM you are just paying for the label. For the guy that wrote non OEM is gonna blow up your phone... Aftermarket products are usually built to a higher standard than so called OEM. Just my 2cents
    Last edited by camoko; 05-18-09 at 06:45 PM.
    05-18-09 06:39 PM
    Has anybody purchased a cheap spare battery from eBay? I rarely run out of battery throughout the day but I do sometimes run out. I've been looking at a combo deal on eBay which was like $20 for a spare battery, car charger, and wall charger. If I had the money, I'd just buy OEM from CB store but I don't want to spend $100 buying those things.

I'll be doing some traveling when I have some family member visit end of the month and I'll most likely be using the GPS and/or Google Maps quite often and I don't want to run out of power.

Can somebody post links to cheap batteries if you bought them and let me know how they turned out.

/Thanks!
    I bought two batts and a batt charger off ebay for $25 from somewhere in Japan...the batts are oem...I m sure he has more...let me know and I will give u his user name.

05-18-09 07:21 PM

My experience is exactly the same. Ebay battery seems identical in every way and it was just a few bucks. Car charger has also worked fine. However, the two wall chargers I bought have given me some problems. First one frequently caused unresponsive buttons requiring a battery pull. Vendor replaced it and the replacement occasionally produces same problem.

05-18-09 07:23 PM
    I got this deal from ebay.
    2 x New Battery for BlackBerry Storm 9500 +Tons ofEXTRA - eBay (item 140311830606 end time Apr-28-09 11:46:31 PDT)

The batteries work great, last longer than the OEM and the wall charger works well too. Also, i believe the OEM batteries are made in China just like the ones I got. Almost every part in your phone comes from there anyways. When you buy OEM from RIM you are just paying for the label. For the guy that wrote non OEM is gonna blow up your phone... Aftermarket products are usually built to a higher standard than so called OEM. Just my 2cents
    Thanks. I'm trying to see if the seller has another set listed on ebay.
    05-18-09 07:25 PM
    I bought two batts and a batt charger off ebay for $25 from somewhere in Japan...the batts are oem...I m sure he has more...let me know and I will give u his user name.

I'd like to know. Thanks in advance.
    05-18-09 07:27 PM
    Thanks. I'm trying to see if the seller has another set listed on ebay.
    If not, there are others that sell the same setup... Just do a search for bb storm battery and they will come up

05-18-09 07:56 PM
    I'd like to know. Thanks in advance.
    The sellers name is "oemgadget"....below is a link to his store... for some stupid reason I am not allowed to post regular links. The batteries I have work great and it so nice to always have an extra one on hand and to be able to charge one also while using your phone. Not sure what the difference is between the two in the link, I bought the more expensive one @ $20.45.

search.stores.ebay.com/OEMGadget_storm-battery_W0QQfciZQ2d1QQfclZ3QQfsnZOEMGadgetQQfsooZ1 QQfsopZ1QQsaselZ575357974QQsofpZ0
    05-19-09 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD