Just purchased phone from Verizon and now I get spam in my Sms folder. It is the same as my emails from a 12 digit number. I tried to call the number but was told not a working number . I complained to Verizon but they are at a loss, they said I could change my number but I don't want to do. Anyone have a suggestion. It's driving me crazy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-10 09:02 AM
    Phone is cooked
    05-09-10 09:19 AM
    Email to SMS spam? AT&T has messaging preferences that let you block all of that, or set up controls for it. Ask VZW if they have something similar.

This is not a common issue. I'd be surprised if 10% of the reps you speak with have ever heard of it.
    05-09-10 09:25 AM
    Email to SMS spam? AT&T has messaging preferences that let you block all of that, or set up controls for it. Ask VZW if they have something similar.

This is not a common issue. I'd be surprised if 10% of the reps you speak with have ever heard of it.

05-09-10 09:48 AM
    Yes, I get one email in my hotmail account and a duplicate with the 12 digit number in my SMT folder

05-09-10 09:50 AM
    Phone is cooked

05-09-10 09:51 AM
    What do you mean by that

05-09-10 09:51 AM
    I know on vtext.com you can set up a nickname for your phone, as well as block email txts or something along those lines. I remember if the nickname was set to my phone number, I'd get spam texts left and right (they are just spamming #########@vtext.com or whatever).

Go to vtext, log in, and see if you can't find the section where you can rename the phone's nickname. It use to be easy to find, but they have redesigned the site and I can't remember exactly where it's at. make up some crazy mixture of letters and numbers of at least 15 chars long. See if that works for you
    05-10-10 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD