This is my first BB, so this might not be just a Storm issue, but thats what i have so thats what i'm posting it as.

I have been getting these weird spam text messages from 11801222269 they started the minute the rep activated my phone and a new one comes in every few hours. Is anyone else having this problem? and is there a way to block #s?

I was previously on VZW and never got these massages on my old phone
    11-24-08 06:34 AM
    In the message does it say BREW anywhere?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/wei...terday-101033/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 06:50 AM
    I get those too! Anyone know what they are? And yes it does say brew in it

11-24-08 06:52 AM
    It's some kind of alert, either text news, vcast or mobile email that was set up for your non smart, BREW phone. Check to make sure you stopped all alerts that were being sent to your non smart phone.

Mine seems to be a news alert but i still haven't found how to stop it.

Last edited by chrisy520; 11-24-08 at 06:58 AM.
    11-24-08 06:55 AM
    Go to your verizon account online, and go under message alerts to turn them off.
    11-24-08 07:26 AM
    Yes it does say brew, and like Bill I don't have any alerts turned on
    11-24-08 07:44 AM
    At one point you did. This seems to be quite common for people going from a "regular" phone to a windows or blackberry device. In the MMS options on your Storm, you also have the option to "Reject Anonymous Messages" and "Reject Advertisements"...how well this works, I have no idea.
    11-24-08 07:48 AM
    i am in the same boat. i've checked ALL alerts on VZW online and they are none.

i made sure i turned all sms news alerts off, vcast and mobile email. i can't find where to delete the one i'm receiving.

11-24-08 08:05 AM
    I have no alerts turned off and have checked the reject anonymous and advertisements under MMS....anyone else have any idea how to stop this...the messages come for me about every 30min
    11-24-08 08:10 AM
    Where do you go to reject things under the mms
    11-24-08 08:27 AM
    Under options in MMS at the bottom there are the two items you can check off

11-24-08 08:29 AM
    Thank you I found it hope it works
    11-24-08 09:10 AM
    i'm getting the messages as SMS so MMS won't work for me.

11-24-08 11:12 AM
    mine are coming through as SMS also...so far though since I checked the MMS options to reject I have not received any others....i'm keeping my fingers crossed
    11-24-08 12:22 PM
    I checked the rejectMMS options and I am still getting them. Any other options
    11-25-08 01:50 PM
    I checked the rejectMMS options and I am still getting them. Any other options
    bummer! i was hoping this worked! i am still getting it on mine as well.

i actually read the alert and mine says NBC in there somewhere so i went and checked the NBC site and made sure i had no alerts from there.

you may want to examine your message further to find more clues as to where the source is.

but i am not having any luck and i know mine muct be coming from VZW.
    11-25-08 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD