Ok, I forget which beta this started with but what is going on with the small size space bar in landscape??? I mean why do we need the second SYM key on the right anyway. I don't know about the rest of you but I keep missing the space and hitting the SYM way too often.
    03-03-09 09:12 AM
    yeah i agree, its WAY too small!
    03-03-09 09:31 AM
    it's too small and i really don't need 2 symbol buttons!!! They should take one away or relocate them, cuz I hate it when im typing real fast but instead of spaces im inserting symbols
    03-03-09 09:38 AM
    +1

Always hitting the symbol key on the right side.
    03-03-09 09:50 AM
    is there a fix for this? wouldnt that have to do with a theme?
    03-03-09 09:53 AM
    I thought it was just me. That after updating to .109 that I wasn't typing correctly anymore. Got to get used to this now. dammit.
    03-03-09 11:59 AM
    lol i hit that thing so much it isnt even funny. lol the 2nd SYM key is the devil. hahaha
    03-03-09 12:05 PM
    +1 here too. I hate the symbol button on the right. It really screws up my ability to type quickly on the storm.

Surely there is a way to edit this. Codemonkeys, where are you?
    03-03-09 12:18 PM
    I never used to, but suddenly I'm doing it all the time! I love landscape, don't make me hate it!
    03-03-09 01:36 PM
    I hear you. The number keyboard in landscape is what bothers me the most. There is no decimal point, yet there are two 100% irrelevant Caps keys.
    Last edited by rednukleus; 03-03-09 at 01:46 PM.
    03-03-09 01:44 PM
    It may be my imagination but I think this started somewhere around .85 or .90 but in .109 the space bar seems even smaller!!!
    03-03-09 01:47 PM
    In .109 there is even unused space on the bottom row to just lengthen the spacebar without eliminating any buttons
    03-03-09 01:50 PM
    Eh, in the meantime i can handle it. It's a bit too small though.
    03-03-09 01:53 PM
    I also have a problem with the Full Keyboard in Portrait mode and end up pressing "b" instead of getting a space!
    03-03-09 02:38 PM
    thats what she said
    03-03-09 06:03 PM
    The portrait keyboard is a tad small, pretty much like a curve keyboard, but it works with one hand.
    03-03-09 06:14 PM
    holly cow. i thought i was the ONLY one with that problem. they really should nuke that 2nd sym key and make the space bar MUCH larger.

i wish the keyboard was customizable!

grrr
    03-03-09 06:58 PM
    word... there has been much lamenting over the keyboard set up with the tiny space bar and the wasteful 2 sym keys, much of which has been done by yours truly.

Dunno why we havent seen one of the OSes with a new keyboard setup yet. Just makes me think that it is not in the near horizon. Boo! I hate it too.
    03-03-09 09:23 PM
    word... there has been much lamenting over the keyboard set up with the tiny space bar and the wasteful 2 sym keys, much of which has been done by yours truly.

Dunno why we havent seen one of the OSes with a new keyboard setup yet. Just makes me think that it is not in the near horizon. Boo! I hate it too.
    Rooster - you do realize that only people with one dictionary loaded to their phone have two sym keys. Othewise the second key is used to toggle languages.

I'm not saying making the space bar bigger is a bad idea, I'm just saying there is a use for the two keys you speak of.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by DBC17; 03-03-09 at 10:10 PM.
    03-03-09 10:07 PM
    Rooster - you do realize that only people with one dictionary loaded to their phone have two sym keys. Othewise the second key is used to toggle languages.

I'm not saying making the space bar bigger is a bad idea, I'm just saying there is a use for the two keys you speak of.

Yeah word but I am not one of those people. Use aside, some customization of the keyboard seems to be necessary. Like others, typing fast results in a bunch of symbols in the text bc of the 'extra' and what I personally view as a wasted button. Languages, to me, doesnt seem like it necessary needs to be a toggling feature. throw that bad boy on the menu and call it a day, no?
    03-03-09 10:14 PM
    I would like two space bars, on either side with those other buttons in the middle.
    03-03-09 11:29 PM
    Not only do I have a problem hitting space, but I also have a nasty issue hitting V,B,N or M and getting a space!
    03-04-09 02:25 PM
    thats what she said
    LMAO.... I was thinking the same thing.

03-04-09 02:48 PM
    it's too small and i really don't need 2 symbol buttons!!! They should take one away or relocate them, cuz I hate it when im typing real fast but instead of spaces im inserting symbols
    I seem to hit the symbol button every other time I want to hit space, and on the sides their is just wasted space. At least extend the space bar out to fill the space up, very awkward position and size.
    03-04-09 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD