So, yesterday I switched my sound profile from Normal to Loud to see what the difference would be, then switched it back.

Since then, the only sounds on my phone that are working are the alert sounds. The media player won't play sounds on my music or videos, youtube videos loaded through the youtube application or through the browser don't work, and worst of all, I can't hear anyone or be heard during phone calls.

The first thing I tried was a battery pull and that didn't work. I wiped my OS (It was at .90) and went back to .75 and that didn't work. I wiped again and installed .99 this time and sounds still don't work. I tried every sound setting, volume setting and individually reinstalled any application I could and it wtill would not play sound.

After messing around with everything I could think of, I found that I can hear things if I have headphones plugged in. Unfortunately, that's not an option a lot of the time.

Any ideas?
    02-03-09 08:38 PM
    Wow. That is odd.

Honestly, if you have tried even the extreme solutions, IE wiping and reinstalling the OS, you may be in need of a replacement device.
    02-03-09 08:49 PM
    Ha!

I took my phone to the Verizon store and the guy sprayed some compressed air into the headphone jack and it worked. Apparently there was a short in the jack that made the phone think that headphones were plugged in that I didn't connect with the fact that I was using headphones when I tested the sound profile change.

Everything's OK now.
    02-03-09 09:20 PM
    I had the same problem with my storm. I loved so many of the features of the phone and .99 was getting close to what good looks like, but these "freak" issues left me doubting that the phone would make it through the year. On my 29th day, I returned the Storm and picked up the Curve. While it is a big step down in technology, there is something very comforting about being able to do the simple things on a smart phone, without any issues.
    02-03-09 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD