My roommate and I both have the Storm and both agree that the ring tones / alerts / and especially the Alarm are not remotely loud enough. I have gone in and changed the sound level to 10 on everything and there is not much of a difference. I use my cell phone as my main alarm and now I have to use my old phone just to get me up because I can not trust the BB. I'm sure this is a pretty stupid question... Is there anyway to make it louder? Well hopefully it is a software issue and not hardware and will be fixed with an update.
    01-11-09 07:08 AM
    Dudes. the sounds are so load i have it at half volume and am looking to turn it down.
    I have the original tones plus one midi i put on. it has been the same with OS .65 .75 .83 .85.
    01-11-09 07:12 AM
    Not sure the issue, but this phone is known for its loud external speaker.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 07:34 AM
    i completely agree with you , the sound not even close to say Loud. whatever you have .65 .75 .76 .83 and .85 all the same .... the speaker is also not clear and you cant hear nothing....
    01-11-09 07:35 AM
    My storm was crazy louad to the point I had to turn it down when I used it as an alarm.. Try downloading some other ringers.

I MISS MY STORM !
    01-11-09 07:38 AM
    My storm was crazy louad to the point I had to turn it down when I used it as an alarm.. Try downloading some other ringers.

I MISS MY STORM !
    Same here...it would scare the **** out of me when I had it up at full volume. It's definitely louder than any phone I've owned thus far.
    01-11-09 07:40 AM
    Mine is extremely loud. Maybe you should play with the volume rocker on the right side. Not sure if that affects the alarm volume. Also, if you have been running around with an iPod speaker in yours ears for the last couple years you might have some hearing loss and need a hearing exam.

01-11-09 07:44 AM
    LOL, well I changed the profile setting from loud to normal then changed the ringer setting to 10 in that profile mode. It seemed to be a little louder but nothing like my Motorola alarm. Eh oh well...
    01-11-09 07:49 AM
    the phone is louder when the sound bouncing off something

play some music on the storm then cup your hand around the bottom of the storm/speaker with the screen facing you and have the sound bounce off your hand to your face and listen to the difference
    01-11-09 08:24 AM
    My old n95 speakers were much better than the storm. That's one thing I'm disappointed with

01-11-09 08:25 AM
    my sounds are all fine too, except for visual voicemail. can barely hear it.
    01-11-09 08:49 AM
    Has anyone had either of the iphones? Well I have and the sound on those phones don't even compare! This phones sound is great!

01-11-09 09:24 AM
    Has anyone had either of the iphones? Well I have and the sound on those phones don't even compare! This phones sound is great!

Yeah its good compared to a quiet phone. Listen to a tune on the n95 then u will see the storm is good... But not THAT good

01-11-09 09:33 AM
    If you have it setup correctly and you think the alarm is too low then you need a hearing aid. The alarm on the phone is ridiculously loud compared to any previous phone I've had. Watching movies and listening to music, the external speakers are more than loud enough to where I never have it at full volume.

The internal call speakers I do agree are a little too low, and if turned up all the way the sound starts to distort.
    01-11-09 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD