I got the update message at work and when I got home I sat down, plugged my storm into DM and it detected and searched for update. It gave me the usual choices then it begins to update.

When it gets to DOWNLOADED MODULES 261/347. It has been there for an hour. Is there a problem. I'm running a leaked beta .141...do I need to downgrade to .75 first.

Thats all I got...any help would be great!
    06-01-09 10:53 AM
    I'm no expert, but based on the previous responses to this question, it's probably best to downgrade to .75 first. But you should also know that the upgrade to .148 may take a couple of hours to complete (or as few as 15 minutes). I would suggest completing the update when you can afford to go without your phone for a few hours. Some are reporting that the upgrade hangs at different points - 50%, 95% complete - but you need to be patient and allow it to finish.
    06-01-09 11:03 AM
    Chances are its bricked.... sorry....
    06-01-09 11:05 AM
    I'm no expert, but based on the previous responses to this question, it's probably best to downgrade to .75 first. But you should also know that the upgrade to .148 may take a couple of hours to complete (or as few as 15 minutes). I would suggest completing the update when you can afford to go without your phone for a few hours. Some are reporting that the upgrade hangs at different points - 50%, 95% complete - but you need to be patient and allow it to finish.

It seems to hang at the same spot everytime

crackalackberry Chances are its bricked.... sorry....
    No I can unplug and it goes right to home screen and everything is OK the radio is just off thats all
    06-01-09 11:18 AM
    Any chance you can try it on a different computer? I updated 3 storms yesterday and one of them kept giving her some problems - yet went flawlessly on my computer.

Just something to try out if possible.
    06-01-09 11:21 AM
    Any chance you can try it on a different computer? I updated 3 storms yesterday and one of them kept giving her some problems - yet went flawlessly on my computer.

Just something to try out if possible.
    No...I still think I should try a downgrade to Official O/S .75 and then try again...as OTA shows no updates available.
    06-01-09 11:27 AM
    No...I still think I should try a downgrade to Official O/S .75 and then try again...as OTA shows no updates available.
    Thats consistent with some of the previous posts. When you downgrade to .75, you should see .148 as an available upgrade. But I thought you were already past this point. Weren't you getting stuck while downloading .148?

When I originally upgraded my phone to .75, it stalled repeatedly. I finally tried it before going to bed; the download was complete in the morning. I'm not sure if the 8th time was the charm, or if it needed the additional time.
    06-01-09 11:37 AM

Doesn't sound like a stupid question at all....I'd go back to .75 and do it again...

Cheers,
    Steve
    06-01-09 11:39 AM
    I got the update message at work and when I got home I sat down, plugged my storm into DM and it detected and searched for update. It gave me the usual choices then it begins to update.

When it gets to DOWNLOADED MODULES 261/347. It has been there for an hour. Is there a problem. I'm running a leaked beta .141...do I need to downgrade to .75 first.

It sounds like you're just hanging on a big module... It could be a cabinet (.cab) file which are usually pretty big size wise. Just leave her plugged in and give it a while. Also make sure you've got a good internet connection (good WiFi signal or hardlined).
    06-01-09 11:58 AM
    It sounds like you're just hanging on a big module... It could be a cabinet (.cab) file which are usually pretty big size wise. Just leave her plugged in and give it a while. Also make sure you've got a good internet connection (good WiFi signal or hardlined).
    I thought this too, and left it for over an hour no movement. I'm thinking of trying the downgrade and then seeing if the OTA will work. If that won't work then DM.

I have tried it several times through DM and it hangs at the same point, 3rd step, Downloaded Modules 261/345? And thats where it stays.

Well it is time for work I'll have to do this later Thank you all for the help...it is MUCH APPRECIATED!
    06-01-09 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD