I did not mean to cause commotion or a riot last night...I understand that what I did was wrong, the file was indeed a fake.

When I installed it it was .83, I was mad. I went to a buddy and hooked up to his laptop and ran the file which I knew was real and .85 is up and running smoothly.

Few issues I have noticed, but might just be user error. I could not get WeatherBug to run unless BB Maps was opened first. Then after that it would auto update, again this may not be a bug. But user error.

~Can Don or someone confirm that this is not a bug?
    ~VyMail plays fine through the Speaker in both .83/.85, but there was an issue in the .75/.76 releases.
    ~The Vibrate key can now again be used after the screen is locked.
    ~Windows Live just hangs, it won't open. I was able to use it with prior builds using the Curve version, the screen was a little out of whack, but it worked. Now it shows as running, but nothing happens. Just going to wait for a Storm specific version, I guess.
    ~Has anyone got any video streams to play in the browser? It just hangs at loading and you push play and just buffers. Could be an issue with the actual stream though. I was able to stream before, ill look for new streams to try.
    ~I remember having to hold the BB Key for all the apps to come up, now just barely holding it for about 1 sec it comes up. Is this a bug? I kind of don't like that. I make it accidentally come up way to much..

That is all for now, I am sincerely sorry for any commotion I may have caused. I will try and keep my mouth shut from now on and just help out when my help really is needed. I just don't think that the name calling and bashing was really needed, the issue could of been just left behind and not talked about like C_X had said.

Well just hope you all have happy holidays and enjoy the new OS when it is leaked out.

Ill need sometime to go back and do a clean install. I just updated over my old .83 and I have about 52+MB free memory, I will be going in and deleting modules to see how much more I can clear, since I don't some of the apps.
    Last edited by Omie; 12-26-08 at 09:13 PM.
    12-26-08 09:05 PM
    No problem mate! We all enjoy putzing around on these forums and honestly it's give and take. I always say take everything with a grain of salt. Sometimes it will be fine, other times maybe not so fine. Anyone messing with the OS in the first place knows that it's not an exact science and it's USER beware...not the poster beware. I also agree that bashing and crap is not warranted, needed, or appreciated. For those that do that sort of thing...you shouldn't be messing with the OS in the first place. C_X has mentioned that sort of thing in many postings. Again, I would not worry about it Omie. All is well. Have a nice holiday!!
    12-26-08 09:16 PM
    Takes a big man to admit he was wrong and apologize. Accepted! (least with me)
    12-26-08 09:37 PM
    You're cool with me man takes a man to admit he was wrong! Apology accepted!
    12-26-08 09:56 PM
    A forum apology? These are hard to come across. I don't know what you did or said but apology accepted. Takes a man to accept he's wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-08 10:01 PM
    what did you do that you needed to issue a public apology?
    12-26-08 10:05 PM
    with .85, the mute key to set to vibrate during lock does not work when locked or unlocked for me....so yeah...
    12-26-08 10:08 PM
    He kept people waiting for the .85 leak saying he was going to post it and never did. Redeem yourself by posting the leak!
    12-26-08 10:08 PM
    Pics or it's not real.
    .85 that is
    12-26-08 10:09 PM
    Well after reading Don's post im still not sure that Omie has it
    12-26-08 10:12 PM
    I did not mean to cause commotion or a riot last night...I understand that what I did was wrong, the file was indeed a fake.

When I installed it it was .83, I was mad. I went to a buddy and hooked up to his laptop and ran the file which I knew was real and .85 is up and running smoothly.

Few issues I have noticed, but might just be user error. I could not get WeatherBug to run unless BB Maps was opened first. Then after that it would auto update, again this may not be a bug. But user error.

~Can Don or someone confirm that this is not a bug?
    ~VyMail plays fine through the Speaker in both .83/.85, but there was an issue in the .75/.76 releases.
    ~The Vibrate key can now again be used after the screen is locked.
    ~Windows Live just hangs, it won't open. I was able to use it with prior builds using the Curve version, the screen was a little out of whack, but it worked. Now it shows as running, but nothing happens. Just going to wait for a Storm specific version, I guess.
    ~Has anyone got any video streams to play in the browser? It just hangs at loading and you push play and just buffers. Could be an issue with the actual stream though. I was able to stream before, ill look for new streams to try.
    ~I remember having to hold the BB Key for all the apps to come up, now just barely holding it for about 1 sec it comes up. Is this a bug? I kind of don't like that. I make it accidentally come up way to much..

That is all for now, I am sincerely sorry for any commotion I may have caused. I will try and keep my mouth shut from now on and just help out when my help really is needed. I just don't think that the name calling and bashing was really needed, the issue could of been just left behind and not talked about like C_X had said.

Well just hope you all have happy holidays and enjoy the new OS when it is leaked out.

Ill need sometime to go back and do a clean install. I just updated over my old .83 and I have about 52+MB free memory, I will be going in and deleting modules to see how much more I can clear, since I don't some of the apps.
    No matter what they say, you're okay with me. lulz
    12-26-08 10:13 PM
    I called you some names, which was out of place and so I apologize and hope you accept.
    12-26-08 10:17 PM
    Well, since you put it out there, I'm going to speak on it.

What happened last night, was nothing new. Nothing out of the ordinary. You are known, notorious, for doing things just like that. I remember how you did all of those people at Howard Forums. Sad.

Last night, I knew you didn't find a link. I knew it wasn't out yet. But no, you acted like you loaded it up. And kept your little game going. Then like usual, you pulled a little stunt like my 10 yr old would do, and said, "I'm not worthy enough to give to you(the members). Which was a complete let down for them. You built them up to let them down. And did it on purpose. You knew people were dying for that OS, and you knew from the beginning you weren't going to give it to them. You simply wanted attention. Again, sad.

And then today, even after you got banned(before re-instatement) you sent Stang a fake photoshopped picture of your supposed Storm on .85 obviously learning nothing from the night before. Not until myself and others(Don, Horizon) said it was fake, did people realize it truly was. So again, you were trying to decieve CB members. Sad.

I'm not quite sure what to make of all of this. And have more to say, but feel uncomfortable going any further in public. As I have only stated the truth to this point, and going any further would get into my personal opinion.

However, I will say this, if this happens again, you will not be welcomed back to this website. You have taken advantage of CB members vulnerability for the last time. Conisder yourself completely informed of what's going to happen if you pull another stunt like this again.
    12-26-08 10:20 PM
    Warm fuzzy thread of the day!
    12-26-08 10:20 PM
    Well, since you put it out there, I'm going to speak on it.

What happened last night, was nothing new. Nothing out of the ordinary. You are known, notorious, for doing things just like that. I remember how you did all of those people at Howard Forums. Sad.

Last night, I knew you didn't find a link. I knew it wasn't out yet. But no, you acted like you loaded it up. And kept your little game going. Then like usual, you pulled a little stunt like my 10 yr old would do, and said, "I'm not worthy enough to give to you(the members). Which was a complete let down for them. You built them up to let them down. And did it on purpose. You knew people were dying for that OS, and you knew from the beginning you weren't going to give it to them. You simply wanted attention. Again, sad.

And then today, even after you got banned(before re-instatement) you sent Stang a fake photoshopped picture of your supposed Storm on .85 obviously learning nothing from the night before. Not until myself and others(Don, Horizon) said it was fake, did people realize it truly was. So again, you were trying to decieve CB members. Sad.

I'm not quite sure what to make of all of this. And have more to say, but feel uncomfortable going any further in public. As I have only stated the truth to this point, and going any further would get into my personal opinion.

However, I will say this, if this happens again, you will not be welcomed back to this website. You have taken advantage of CB members vulnerability for the last time. Conisder yourself completely informed of what's going to happen if you pull another stunt like this again.
    WOW, well said!
    12-26-08 10:24 PM
    WOW, well said!
    post of the day
    12-26-08 10:25 PM
    edit.............
    Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 12-26-08 at 10:34 PM. Reason: If you are going to repond to a thread, respond to it but stay on topic please.
    12-26-08 10:33 PM
    Well put cx.
    12-26-08 10:43 PM
    man- I always miss out on the action.

Just kidding.

It does take some pride sucking to admit wrong doing among your peers.

It doesn't excuse it-

sometimes we all could use a second chance.
    12-26-08 10:59 PM
    this man has always helped me when i need it, your always cool with me!!
    12-26-08 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD