and memory free increased from 23 to 35 MB. I am a physician and really need an applicaiton like Epocrates but it is is always on and to my knowledge you can not turn it off. (Mobipocket is easily turned off by bringing the keyboard and pressing Shift-Q. Not so with Epocrates).
    I called Lexicomp and the app they have for the BB Storm is on line, not deviced stored. So I am stuck and may have to redownload Epocrates again. Anybody have any other suggestions for similar programs? I am not sure about Pepid. Any other ideas?
    02-19-09 11:57 PM
    idk....I got a word document saved on my phone with common home meds listed on it...its like 100 of em....but I'm a medic student, so that prolly won't help you cause your a doc and I'm sure need more than that.
    I was really disapointed in epocrates too cause of the memory lag....it got deleted on my phone for the same reason
    Last edited by MichelleLT; 02-20-09 at 12:06 AM. Reason: spelling
    02-20-09 12:04 AM
    and memory free increased from 23 to 35 MB. I am a physician and really need an applicaiton like Epocrates but it is is always on and to my knowledge you can not turn it off. (Mobipocket is easily turned off by bringing the keyboard and pressing Shift-Q. Not so with Epocrates).
    I called Lexicomp and the app they have for the BB Storm is on line, not deviced stored. So I am stuck and may have to redownload Epocrates again. Anybody have any other suggestions for similar programs? I am not sure about Pepid. Any other ideas?
    I have PEPID and find it to be a great rapid reference, but I still use Epocrates on my Storm as my primary drug database. Part of it is habit from using my Palm for many years, although I've had PEPID on that too, but mostly I think that nothing beats the ease of the Epocrates interface. I've had Epocrates on my Storm and on my Pearl before that, and although it is a memory hog and doesn't shut off, I still think that it is the best out there. A reset every several days seems to keep the memory leak from getting TOO bad!
    02-20-09 01:51 AM
    I had a similar issue and deleted epocrates a couple of weeks back. I'm not sure if this will help you, but I just keep epocrates on the ipod touch along with a bunch of other free medical software still not available for the storm.

cheers
    02-20-09 07:51 AM
    I am running OS .75 and have been running Epocrates for over 2 weeks now. I have not found any substantial lag. My memory stays constant around 30 (not sure why everyone is hung on memory, other threads have addressed that). Yes it stays in the background but have not seen it interfere with anything else I'm doing (and I do have several other down loaded apps and a theme). As I use it daily in my practice, I would not give up on it unless it causes a substantial phone lag.
    02-20-09 08:30 AM
    Seams like a good app to keep handy. I also noticed its always running, Im about a week and a half with it on and have not noticed any slow down or problems.

Im keeping it for sure.
    02-20-09 08:54 AM
    I am a clinical pharmacist using Lexi-Drugs. It works well for me. At first I was skittish of the OTA-ness but it is quick and works well... except in the pharmacy (!) but I'm almost never there. I recommend it.
    02-20-09 08:35 PM
    I didn't notice such phone lag with epocrates until the most recent beta os releases. With 103 the lag was horrible. I deleted epocrates and have had amazing improvement in my phone. I am hoping that with the next official os release that eocrates will again work well. It was causing my memory to drop below 5 megs frequently.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by blondarb; 02-20-09 at 09:31 PM.
    02-20-09 09:28 PM
    try skyscape, they have a bunch of med apps for the storm. i have constellation and it works fine, the only thing is that its not free.
    02-20-09 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD