Verizon has a song I.D. which makes it possible for a phone to listen to a song and tell you the name and artist....is something like this possible for the Storm?
    05-14-09 08:13 AM
    There is Shazam but its not on the storm yet, but will be soon
    05-14-09 08:20 AM
    Verizon has a song I.D. which makes it possible for a phone to listen to a song and tell you the name and artist....is something like this possible for the Storm?
    Song ID App for Storm?
    Any apps to identify songs?
    Song ID?
    Song ID for Storm?
    Song Identifier?
    Song ID Apps?

THIS WAS ON THE FIRST PAGE (I got tired of pasting) OF SEARCHING THE EXACT TITLE OF THE THREAD YOU JUST CREATED. PLEASE SEARCH NEXT TIME
    05-14-09 08:22 AM
    There is Shazam but its not on the storm yet, but will be soon
    I'm running Shazam on my Storm... I believe someone posted the installation files, do a search.

-Corey
    05-14-09 08:22 AM
    me too. i just had to disable compatibility mode. Works fairly well on most genres. hardcore and metal/screamo. not so well, but it does work with some bands at least from what ive found. anything on the radio it works
    05-14-09 08:36 AM
    Song ID App for Storm?
    Any apps to identify songs?
    Song ID?
    Song ID for Storm?
    Song Identifier?
    Song ID Apps?

THIS WAS ON THE FIRST PAGE (I got tired of pasting) OF SEARCHING THE EXACT TITLE OF THE THREAD YOU JUST CREATED. PLEASE SEARCH NEXT TIME
    I know he should of searched but its the guys 1st post lol.
    05-14-09 08:38 AM
    Here is the shazaam OTA link

http://wackberry.com/bregister/Shazam/Shazam.jad

Instructions on using it:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/sh...rm-how-196339/

Ok everyone Shazam does work on the Storm for the most part. To get it to work you have to:

Go to options> Advanced Options> Applications
    Highlight Shazam and hit BB key.
    Click Edit Permissions
    Set them all to Allow.

Then do the same thing except click Disable Compatibility Mode instead of Edit Permissions.

You have to close out Shazam totally and reopen it for these changes to take effect.

When you open Shazam you hit the BB key to pull up menu then click Tag Now for it to listen to the song.

You are not able to click and of the other options in that menu tho. To close the app just keep hitting the back button till it closes.

But. If you re-enable compatibility mode after you do the setup you will be able to select the other options in the menu but the keyboard will always be up. I prefer to have no keyboard and not be able to click around because you are able to tag songs easily and see the results. You don't need to click any of the other options unless you are trying to buy the song.

Like I said this program works great and has recognized every song ive tested from my computer, tv, and car so far.
    05-14-09 08:50 AM
    great post and ref by kram - love shazam and still wish the storm had a version that was a little more compatible. still works great
    05-14-09 11:08 AM
    I have tried to use the OTA today for Shazam so that I can download it to the storm, but it is not found in my browser. AAAGGHH what am I doing wrong. BTW I am a newbie so be gentle!
    05-14-09 05:17 PM
    I have tried to use the OTA today for Shazam so that I can download it to the storm, but it is not found in my browser. AAAGGHH what am I doing wrong. BTW I am a newbie so be gentle!
    Not sure what you mean. Are you going to the link posted above for Shazam from you BB or are you typing it in manually?
    Remember if you are typing it in manually DO NOT put in the www in the address
    05-14-09 05:26 PM
    this is crazy...it works. I've tryed other house/trance music and it was able to id. the only thing it couldnt id are the remix tracks
    05-14-09 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD