A couple of mp3's had the wrong data - country instead of jazz for example. I fixed the data on my pc, deleted the bad one from my Storm, and uploaded the corrected version. Everything is fine until I eventually reboot the Storm, and then any all such corrected songs auto revert to the old incorrect data. How does it do that? Make it stop.
    12-24-08 12:55 AM
    I have the same problem when trying to add or edit album art. Can anybody offer some advice? I do my album tagging and syncing with windows media player.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 02:00 AM
    I've tried deleting from the unit itself, windows explorer, desktop manager... it is always temporarily successful. Eventually I reboot for some reason and the od data is back. Obviously it has a way of remembering the original data from the first time I uploaded the MP3 and any changes after does not affect that underlying memory.
    12-24-08 12:44 PM
    I had the same problem editing songs that were already on my storm. What I figured out is that the song information is localized either on the storm or the microsd depending on where the files are located. My solution is a pain but seems to the only way to work as of now. I would make sure that I placed all songs on the microsd and have a folder on my computer desktop with every folders (music, video, etc) from the microsd. From the computer I would correct all the songs that were wrong. Now you need to format the microsd card to remove all trace of the library and since you made a backup previously, you won't lose anything. Finally using mass storage mode, transfer everything back to the storm. When you go back into the library, it will scan the card and since there is no previous library file on the card, it will transfer everything as brand new. Like I said before, it's a pain but seems to be the only way to work as of now.

Last edited by ArmaK; 12-24-08 at 01:41 PM.
    12-24-08 01:28 PM
    I did that once in the begnning and was likewise successful. But now I have over 600 songs on there which is cumbersome to re-load from scratch like that. It is frustrating that delete doesn't really mean delete. I keep thinking my BB understanding and skills will improve and solve the problem in a more elegant way.

Having discovered the world of mass media mode, I see there are large files I know nothing about (medialoader.ml for instance). One of these is obviously the source of the problem. Someday the magic Blackberry fairy will come and tell me to just delete one of them and my device will then rewrite it from the MP3 files, including the new data.
    Last edited by Skywise; 12-24-08 at 01:51 PM.
    12-24-08 01:44 PM
    BBThumbs.dat is the likely culprit. I'm tempted to delete it and see what happens (backing it up first).
    12-24-08 01:57 PM
    Yeah, I know it's cumbersome. I have 1923 songs on mine and I didn't really notice the problem until 2 weeks ago. Mine also has the problem deleting things. I may delete a song off the device but as soon as I look at the card, I see the files still there. I think RIM knows about the problem since .83 has been scanning my songs from zero everytime I get done using media mode, something I never had .76 do for me.

12-24-08 02:39 PM
    Bingo! Just delete BBThumbs.dat from the music folder. Next time you look at your song list it will scan and form a new dat file with the current info. I think it took about 60 seconds for 600 songs more or less.
    12-24-08 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD