Sometimes, certain albums just won't play.

I tend to think it's a DRM issue. I'm using Rhapsody To Go right now, but my account has been in good standing for at least two months. I even had my phone plugged into the PC last night AND VCast was up on the PC. Doesn't the DRM license automatically refresh? Anyway, I have the new Lily Allen CD bought from Amazon as DRM-free MP3. Most of the other stuff on my Storm is from Rhapsody. Today, the only album I could play was the Lily Allen CD.

Anyway, while I think it MIGHT be a DRM issue, I'm not sure, because if I put an .m4p on the Storm, I get a Digital Rights Management error. However, with the problem I am communicating right now, I get nothing. I click into the album, and it doesn't play. The PLAY button doesn't work. When I click into the Lily Allen album, it immediately starts playing.

The other reason it might not be a DRM issue is because sometimes half my Rhapsody stuff works and half doesn't. Of course, that could just be a per-album license issue.

Anyone experiencing this? Any thoughts?
    03-30-09 06:53 PM
    Sometimes, certain albums just won't play.

I tend to think it's a DRM issue. I'm using Rhapsody To Go right now, but my account has been in good standing for at least two months. I even had my phone plugged into the PC last night AND VCast was up on the PC. Doesn't the DRM license automatically refresh? Anyway, I have the new Lily Allen CD bought from Amazon as DRM-free MP3. Most of the other stuff on my Storm is from Rhapsody. Today, the only album I could play was the Lily Allen CD.

Anyway, while I think it MIGHT be a DRM issue, I'm not sure, because if I put an .m4p on the Storm, I get a Digital Rights Management error. However, with the problem I am communicating right now, I get nothing. I click into the album, and it doesn't play. The PLAY button doesn't work. When I click into the Lily Allen album, it immediately starts playing.

The other reason it might not be a DRM issue is because sometimes half my Rhapsody stuff works and half doesn't. Of course, that could just be a per-album license issue.

Anyone experiencing this? Any thoughts?

I had a similar problem with only one non-itunes purchase. i couldn't figure it out, just ended burning a CD and ripping it back to my pc. if you find an answer though, I'd definitely be interested...
    03-30-09 07:07 PM
    I have had some not even show up on the media card when looking for it on the phone but if I put the card in the pc it would show up and play just fine
    03-30-09 07:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD