Alright guys so I did a factory reset, wiped the phone, and loaded .148 (up from .75). All done without the media card inserted as I had data on that I didn't want erased.

Anyways after all that I go to insert the media card and it tells me that it cannot be read and that I must enter a password to access it or something like that......

Any clue on what is going on here, any help is greatly appreciated thanks.
    06-18-09 03:09 PM
    you probably had it encrypted on .75
    06-18-09 03:17 PM
    So is there anything that can be done to resolve this? Or am I stuck with a locked media card now?
    06-18-09 03:29 PM
    you could format it using a PC/mac and a card reader
    06-18-09 03:35 PM
    Don't have a card reader. Is there anyway to do it on the device itself? Do I need to downgrade back to .75 and then upgrade back to .148 with media card inserted?

I just don't want to lose the data I have stored on it.
    06-18-09 04:04 PM
    If you had it encrypted on .75, then you should have a password for it. Reverting back to .75 isn't going to help. Get a card reader (USB for PC/MAC) and you'll be able to save what's on it to the PC and then format it and reload it to work.
    06-18-09 04:15 PM
    I don't remember ever encrypting the card and placing a password on it. If you place a password on the device itself when it's locked would that encrypt the card too?

Is there absolutely any way to salvage this card without purchase of a card reader?
    06-18-09 04:42 PM
    Well I'll be damned!!!!! Here is the solution to this little dilema!

The password to the media card was in fact the device password I had while still running on .75. Card is now accessable and working.

Appreciate your help guys. Thanks.
    06-18-09 04:44 PM

The password to the media card was in fact the device password I had while still running on .75. Card is now accessable and working.

You didnt try that originally?? that would of been the first thing i did...
    06-18-09 05:13 PM

You want me to tell you why?

Because the IT policy encrypts your media card. I would go in an unencrypt the card while you're at it. If your phone bites the dust and you need to get a replacement, the new one may not read it (depending on the level of encryption). To be absolutely sure all is well, put the phone in mass storage and get the data off the card with your PC. Then format the card in the phone, make sure encryption is not on, and put your data back on it.
    06-18-09 05:27 PM
    Hi, I have the same problem -Got a new phone, laptop not reading bold HD or media card

Ok, I set a password on the phone....... Saved it

Laptop prompted for password, i entered it and still cannot explore blackberry or media card...

Plz help, thanks
    06-22-09 08:44 PM
    Hi, I have the same problem -Got a new phone, laptop not reading bold HD or media card

Ok, I set a password on the phone....... Saved it

Laptop prompted for password, i entered it and still cannot explore blackberry or media card...

Plz help, thanks
    If the card was encrypted, you'll need to enter the original credentials to "unencrypt" it. Not knowing enough about how BB does it's encryption on cards, you will need at the very least the ORIGINAL password set on the device that encrypted the card, if not the original device itself.
    06-22-09 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD