This is very wierd and I haven't been able to reproduce it yet. So flame away, but on my home screen I have 4 icons at the bottom with the right most being the calendar. When I just hit the calendar icon, it change momentarily (maybe half a second) to an image of lightning (similar to the background of the lightning picture that we've seen in some ads/previews of the strom) then went to my calendar as usual. Has anyone else had this happen? I've been trying to get it to do this again with no luck. WTF?
    11-24-08 03:29 PM
    This is very wierd and I haven't been able to reproduce it yet. So flame away, but on my home screen I have 4 icons at the bottom with the right most being the calendar. When I just hit the calendar icon, it change momentarily (maybe half a second) to an image of lightning (similar to the background of the lightning picture that we've seen in some ads/previews of the strom) then went to my calendar as usual. Has anyone else had this happen? I've been trying to get it to do this again with no luck. WTF?
    What did you do to cause this to originally happen?
    11-24-08 03:30 PM
    i heard about this happending on a rare occurence. Hasn't happended to me yet and I have no idea what it means.
    11-24-08 03:33 PM
    I've heard about it from one person as well, although I've never seen it. It's happen to me a few times where I'll take a picture with the camera, then hit the red button go back to the home screen, and half my home screen will still be the picture I just took. Just another little bug
    11-24-08 03:35 PM
    Happened to me twice as I was unplugging/plugging it into my comp for a SYNC. I'm in the same boat as everyone else. Clueless as to its meaning
    11-24-08 03:36 PM
    What did you do to cause this to originally happen?
    Don't know. Just had the home screen on, hit the calendar icon. The icon disappeared and was replaced by the lightning image, then it went to my calendar. Haven't been able to reproduce it yet, although I did try Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start, Start from my old Contra days

PS if you don't know what the above means, then you are too young and don't deserve to own a Storm
    Last edited by DurangoJim; 11-24-08 at 03:45 PM.
    11-24-08 03:37 PM
    Had the same thing happen to me literally 2 minutes ago with the same results afterward. Second time it happened on mine and it was my bottom right icon which is visual voicemail.
    11-24-08 03:40 PM
    Don't know. Just had the home screen on, hit the calendar icon. The icon disappeared and was replaced by the lightning image, then it went to my calendar. Haven't been able to reproduce it yet, although I did try up down up down ABAB from my old Contra days
    That was one of the best games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-24-08 03:41 PM
    actually quick question this may have happend to me actually... did the lightining picture take up a good chunck of the screen and was kinda purplish? if so then yea happend to me exiting back to the home screen once.
    11-24-08 03:41 PM
    happened to me once... means that picture is still in there somewhere... Wish I could dig it out... anybody? Bueller? Ready.... Go
    11-24-08 03:42 PM
    it means big brother is watching
    11-24-08 03:43 PM
    Happened to me twice as I was unplugging/plugging it into my comp for a SYNC. I'm in the same boat as everyone else. Clueless as to its meaning
    I think it means that we are the "chosen ones" and will receive the OTA update before anyone else
    11-24-08 03:45 PM
    actually quick question this may have happend to me actually... did the lightining picture take up a good chunck of the screen and was kinda purplish? if so then yea happend to me exiting back to the home screen once.
    In my case it was only where the icon was.
    11-24-08 03:52 PM
    It happened to me today when opening up VZNavigator for the first time after reinstalling it. Where the icon used to be was temporarily replaced by part of the lighting bold picture frequently associated with this phone.
    11-24-08 03:54 PM
    Lol. Wasn't Contra select start, not start start?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 03:56 PM
    This happened to me several times when hitting the buttons too fast. I first had one of the lightning, then one that looked like fire in the bottom left. Its crazy
    11-24-08 03:57 PM

I'm sorry but I just laughed out loud when I read that. giggle** I was thinking about willie wonka and the chocolate factory (original one) like everyone is looking for that one golden ticket lol!! then they get the new updated version. lol!

I think it means that we are the "chosen ones" and will receive the OTA update before anyone else
    11-24-08 03:58 PM
    I've actually have had this happen quite a few times. Most of the time it'll be a small image of the storm lightning background you've seen on all the previews for the storm. But once it happened to take up the whole screen, and it was the OEM background we all have been looking for but can't seem to find. When it does happen, it's usually when I click on one of my shortcut buttons on the bottom of the home screen. *Shrugs*
    11-24-08 04:00 PM
    Lol. Wasn't Contra select start, not start start?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    think so. think it was A,B too, not B,A. And it might have repeated. Yeesh... brings me back.
    11-24-08 04:13 PM
    Was it like this?
    12-07-08 03:19 AM
    think so. think it was A,B too, not B,A. And it might have repeated. Yeesh... brings me back.
    Was def B,A select start

By the way the storm thing happened to me for the first time AS I was reading this page.....
    12-11-08 06:22 PM
    go to options, bottom of the list, click on theme. That "desktop" appears as an icon and it's called precision zen "active".

WTF
    12-11-08 06:27 PM
    Same here, looks like when you rapidly select icons it freaks out the OS so you get a piece of the storm picture to show up in the bottom right hand corner. Just happen to me for the first time. Tried to get it to happen by reading all the posts above. Kinda of funny...and annoying.
    12-11-08 06:29 PM
    it means you won a ticket to Willie Wonka's Storm factory...enjoy
    12-11-08 06:31 PM
    It has happened to me a few times as well.
    12-11-08 06:34 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD