If any of you smart alec people had a chance to check the digital signature on the 114 OS file you'd see that it was 3/3/09. Yep, just last Tuesday. That being said, perhaps we're not seeing a lot of these release because..... maybe, just maybe.... people are watching your backs instead of handing out isht releases to you.

But, since everyone is so impatient, now you have a nice 114 keypad issue prone release. Congrats!!!

Maybe next time instead of grouping together with burning pitchforks, you might perhaps "ASK" if it's worth getting a current release or if it would be "WISER" to just wait it out a bit longer. Don't always take everything for face value....
    03-10-09 10:09 PM
    If any of you smart alec people had a chance to check the digital signature on the 114 OS file you'd see that it was 3/3/09. Yep, just last Tuesday. That being said, perhaps we're not seeing a lot of these release because..... maybe, just maybe.... people are watching your backs instead of handing out isht releases to you.

But, since everyone is so impatient, now you have a nice 114 keypad issue prone release. Congrats!!!

Maybe next time instead of grouping together with burning pitchforks, you might perhaps "ASK" if it's worth getting a current release or if it would be "WISER" to just wait it out a bit longer. Don't always take everything for face value....
    Ive posted this a couple times, but nobody ever really seems to listen.

Just because a build has a higher number does NOT make it a better build. Maybe this will get everyones head on straight. And if people would have been listening to what CX and others were saying, they basically came right out and said the teen builds werent very good. At least this will appease the kiddies for a few days, just having something new to install on their phone.
    03-10-09 10:16 PM
    You make a good point, but I interpret the bad leak another way, it means people are still no closer to getting what they paid good money for almost 6 months ago than they were before. Things will get worse before they get better and since i'm on staycation, I could use the entertainment

Edit: And the inevitable wave of I told you so posts is definitely going to make the situation degrade that much faster...lol
    Last edited by armedtank; 03-10-09 at 10:23 PM.
    03-10-09 10:18 PM
    But the NUMBER is HIGHER....and HIGHER means BETTER!

I think a lot of the demands are coming from people who don't realize exactly how complex the software that runs on these devices truly is. When I see comments like "why can't they just take the good part of A and good parts of B and stick them together" it really drives that home. I would greatly prefer to see less leaks but know that those leaking are watching out for us and only letting out builds that deserve to be seen by a wider audience.

At least this will appease the kiddies for a few days, just having something new to install on their phone.
    I really hope this will turn out to be true. My guess is that we'll see many threads complaining about poor builds, bad software, the fact we've gone backwards and RIM development is horrible. Then of course all the duplicate versions of these threads in every permutation you can imagine (and some you can't).
    Last edited by JjcampNR; 03-10-09 at 10:24 PM.
    03-10-09 10:21 PM
    You make a good point, but I interpret the bad leak another way, it means people are still no closer to getting what they paid good money for almost 6 months ago than they were before. Things will get worse before they get better and since i'm on staycation, I could use the entertainment
    Just for the sake of conversation, I have to disagree with one part of your comment. People got what they paid for, because nobody can deny that the phone works with .75. Maybe people didnt get what they EXPECTED, and that is a completely different issue.
    03-10-09 10:24 PM
    From the what I'm reading on the Findings thread, it's a sh*tty beta
    Can't help but think this is an F U to the whiners....
    03-10-09 10:27 PM
    Can't help but think this is an F U to the whiners....
    Can't help but agree....
    03-10-09 10:30 PM
    Just for the sake of conversation, I have to disagree with one part of your comment. People got what they paid for, because nobody can deny that the phone works with .75. Maybe people didnt get what they EXPECTED, and that is a completely different issue.
    You also make a good point, but those expectations were set by the carrier and the manufacturer. If we were talking about a $10 toy then I could see your point, but some people paid over $500 for this phone. I have not and will not be demanding anything from Verizon or RIM or Crackberry, but I understand why people are doing it and I will articulate it without fear. When I want or need a new smartphone, if RIM doesn't have it's sh*t together, then i'll speak with my wallet, it's the only language that will be understood.....
    03-10-09 10:34 PM
    Can't help but agree....
    Whether it is or not, can't say I'd blame anyone for doing that. You can only protect the people from themselves for so long, eventually you just have to move aside and watch as the lemmings jump off the cliff.
    03-10-09 10:37 PM
    Some people just act like spoiled little brats. They want a new leak every week like they deserve it. If they don't get it they throw a tantrum because they are not getting something that they technically are not suppose to even have. Be grateful u get them and be patient don't start demanding something u shouldn't even have

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by lennonownsaBB; 03-10-09 at 10:45 PM.
    03-10-09 10:42 PM
    I like everyone stroking their e-peen by being me toos saying I told you so.

Already heard that the teens sucked, old news is old. Many people will be happy just for having the new C&P

03-10-09 10:43 PM
    I like everyone stroking their e-peen by being me toos saying I told you so.

Already heard that the teens sucked, old news is old. Many people will be happy just for having the new C&P

But I like stroking my e-peen...It feels good...
    03-10-09 10:46 PM
    But I like stroking my e-peen...It feels good...
    That's strangely arousing

03-10-09 10:57 PM
    That's strangely arousing

Loooovvvve..Exciting and New..Come aboard...We're expecting you..The CRACKBOAT....LOL
    03-10-09 11:01 PM
    Oshi...

03-10-09 11:06 PM
    Yup...getting goofy and way-off topic..time to sleep
    03-10-09 11:10 PM
    Ill see you in bed lol

03-10-09 11:15 PM
    So, if .114 was from last week, then how do all the ones that are supposedly in the know claiming that the beta's are all the way up to the .14x. I'm sure I saw that posted somewhere on here several times. Is that just BS and they are really on .116-117?

BTW, I did not upgrade, am still on .99 but am now considering going to .109 as it seems to be a pretty good build from what I have read.
    03-11-09 09:21 AM
    So, if .114 was from last week, then how do all the ones that are supposedly in the know claiming that the beta's are all the way up to the .14x. I'm sure I saw that posted somewhere on here several times. Is that just BS and they are really on .116-117?

BTW, I did not upgrade, am still on .99 but am now considering going to .109 as it seems to be a pretty good build from what I have read.
    Beta's literally get built daily, Umm..similar to how nightly builds of Firefox are available to those who are interested enough to download and test them out.

Example: Index of /pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk
    03-11-09 09:29 AM
    I don't understand the Digital Signature or the difference between that and the date on the Java file which is 2/27/09?
    03-11-09 01:38 PM
    Granted I don't even have mine yet (tomorrow it will arrive,) and I know nothing about smartphones really. But, with my constant reading and coming to understand a lot more than I did 2 days ago.

I'm going to have to go ahead and say I'd rather wait 6 months for an official OS release than 1 month for a beta version with minor tweaks and fixes to it.

Just my .02$
    03-11-09 06:22 PM
    I'm in the same boat as you D (although mine wont be here until the 16th...hopefully) A little patience can go a long way. From what I hear .103 is pretty good so...
    03-12-09 11:14 AM
    But the NUMBER is HIGHER....and HIGHER means BETTER!
    a la spinal tap:
    "these amps go to eleven.
    why not just make ten louder?
    but...these go to eleven"
    03-12-09 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD