Hi

I've had my storm for about 6 months now. Here's a couple things I'm not happy about and I wonder if I have an arguement if i take it back or if I have to live with it.

- screen not lined flat at top portion of glass to plastic ;
    - talk button tends to be very stiff sometimes and doesn't press in - makes it difficult to make a call ;
    - when I drop my phone (even from like an inch) onto a table or carpet the phone reboots ;
    - when pressing certain parts of screen it 'double-clicks'

Thanks for the advice in advance!

Drew
    05-17-10 07:19 PM
    I'm not sure if they will replace but i have read about people going in and saying all you said and the store replacing it. I do know that the phone rebooting from an inch drop issue you are having isn't the phone its the battery. I had the same problem and went and got my phone replaced and it still did it, then i bought a new battery and it hasn't done it since.
    05-17-10 07:48 PM
    05-17-10 07:58 PM
    dragon,

What battery did you get that fixed the issue?
    05-17-10 08:13 PM
    Just the standard battery for the Storm 2 from the VZW store. There was some kind of a dent or scratch on my original battery that was causing the reboot problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-10 08:17 PM
    Go into your carrier and tell them you are having problems with the screen clicking at times. I went in today and said that my screen doesn't click all the time and sometimes get stiff. She didn't even ask me any more questions just popped out the battery and media card and set me up with a new one. I'm guessing the problem happens a lot.
    05-17-10 08:32 PM
    dragon,

What battery did you get that fixed the issue?
    If you want to fix the battery problem take a playing card and cut it out the same size as the battery and place it in the phone under the battery. What you have is most likely a loose connection. My original S2 did this and after I put the card in the problem stopped. Hope this helps.
    05-18-10 07:06 AM
    Hi

I've had my storm for about 6 months now. Here's a couple things I'm not happy about and I wonder if I have an arguement if i take it back or if I have to live with it.

- screen not lined flat at top portion of glass to plastic ;
    - talk button tends to be very stiff sometimes and doesn't press in - makes it difficult to make a call ;
    - when I drop my phone (even from like an inch) onto a table or carpet the phone reboots ;
    - when pressing certain parts of screen it 'double-clicks'

Thanks for the advice in advance!

Drew
    I cant speak for the screen lined because thats more of a physical issue you have to think about, but I can speak about the second part. SEND IT BACK! The screen reengineering has come a LONG LONG way since the first batch! I just got my replacement with the new engineering and its superb! The screen just floats on the phone and clicks amazing and with amazing rebound as well. Bottom buttons click just as good as the middle. Surprisingly, it also clicks while flat, on a slant, on all screens, and in any weather conditions
    05-18-10 07:28 AM
    I cant speak for the screen lined because thats more of a physical issue you have to think about, but I can speak about the second part. SEND IT BACK! The screen reengineering has come a LONG LONG way since the first batch! I just got my replacement with the new engineering and its superb! The screen just floats on the phone and clicks amazing and with amazing rebound as well. Bottom buttons click just as good as the middle. Surprisingly, it also clicks while flat, on a slant, on all screens, and in any weather conditions
    Yes, this was a huge issue a couple of months ago. Verizon sent a company-wide email (which none of its employees actually read) outlining the issue and its solution: S2's were having screen problems, RIM made a small modification, and any customer who had the problem could get a free replacement. Just call customer service and work it out with them. Read back in the S2 forum and you'll see plenty of threads about this.
    05-18-10 09:47 PM
    If there are defects in the product and you are not happy with it take it back. I dont know what they will do since you are past the 30 day satisfaction period.

BKVic
    05-20-10 02:46 PM
    Does it bother you that someone started a thread?

If it does, don't read it.
    05-20-10 02:57 PM
    I was having the same issues as you (minus the rebooting when dropped). I called them, asked for tech support, and explained the issues I was having. I got a replacement the next day in the from the Fedex dude.
    05-20-10 03:07 PM
    Get it replaced. Settling for issues on what is supposed to be a great device is only enabling Verizon to continue screwing people over with this lackluster phone.

You shouldn't have to cut up playing cards to fix what shouldn't be an issue in the first place. You shouldn't have to press the **** out of the talk button to make a call.

Make Verizon replace it until you get a good one or they offer you something else. I can't understand why so many people are willing to try to solve the problems with this phone themselves. It's not my job to make my phone work as it should. They have engineers and researchers that get paid well to do that.

Refusing to call a company out on **** poor craftsmanship only sends the message that we as consumers are content fixing their messes.
    05-21-10 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD