I'm not sure if people already know about this, but I thought I'd toss it out there.

You ever want to delete entire sentences, but find it annoying to have to keep pressing the backspace button to do so?

I'm not certain if this works on entire paragraphs, but I'm sure that it works on entire sentences.

I learned that if you use both thumbs to simultaneously click on different ends of a group of words you want to delete, that it highlights the entire sentence and allows you to delete it all in one press of a button.

It does work for entire paragraphs.
    Last edited by Optimusv2; 01-03-09 at 06:23 AM.
    01-03-09 06:08 AM
    haha, yeah I think most people know about that, bro . You can also use it in your browser, or anywhere for that matter, to select text and then copy/paste it (or whatever). For those who didn't know, better you do now than having to press your backspace like crazy all the time
    01-03-09 06:45 AM
    it's in the how-to and i say it somewhere as a flash how-to.
    01-03-09 06:55 AM
    Thanks for sharing. There are always some of us who have missed a shortcut and appreciate learning a new one.
    01-03-09 07:20 AM
    Haha, figured you guys would already know about it, but just in case someone out there didn't, they can now at least take advantage of this.

Haha there we go, I feel good now. Someone got something out of this
    01-03-09 07:22 AM
    I didn't know that, thanks for posting it
    01-03-09 07:29 AM
    well shoot that makes things easer. Thanks for the Tip!
    01-03-09 07:41 AM
    Thanks for sharing! I learn something new each day.
    01-03-09 07:49 AM
    I wondered how to do that. Thanks so much!
    01-03-09 07:49 AM
    if you swipe your finger down when the keyboard is out it will hide it, if you slide your finger up it will bring it back out!
    01-03-09 07:57 AM
    if you swipe your finger down when the keyboard is out it will hide it, if you slide your finger up it will bring it back out!
    Heh, I learned this one on, I think, my 4th day with the storm? I forgot how I learned it, but it might have been when I decided to check out some tutorial on the CD that came with the Storm.

Great to see that this is helping people. That's always good.

I always found the best way to type on this thing. This one probably isn't much of a tip, but it sure helped me. Why was I initially not typing very fast on my Storm? Maybe because I was simply too scared to damage the nice looking touch screen. It's a lot more intimidating to type on this that it is to type on a non-touchscreen device because you aren't nearly as afraid of damaging the device. The moment that I decided to myself, "What the ****, this is what they made it for right? If it can't handle me trying to type for real, then it simply doesn't deserve to be on the market."

The moment I started approaching typing on the Storm like that, is the moment I became much faster on it. It's made for this stuff so don't be afraid to try to type just a bit faster and REALLY press the screen. This doesn't mean you have to press like you want to break it, but don't be scared because the phone is a lot tougher than you think. Once you let that sink in typing on it becomes a far more natural process.
    Last edited by Optimusv2; 01-03-09 at 08:42 AM.
    01-03-09 08:35 AM
    try double clicking the bb button to send an email/text, or to reply to one, or to open one
    01-03-09 08:39 AM
    i also know of a pretty cool trick, that may already be known. but when your in an email or text and you want to move your cursor to a certain point in the text just hold your finger over the blue cursor ( not depressing the screen) and it will turn into a black and white box that you can move by just sliding your finger. works great!!
    01-03-09 12:20 PM
    the escape keys works to do this as well in text boxes including in BBM
    01-03-09 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD