So, I'm a noob and would like to upgrade to .109. I'm still on .75 and have never done an upgrade, after reading about how much better the Storm performs I'm going to take the plunge. Problem is, I have the worlds ****tiest internet connection and I literally can't hold a solid connection for more than 5-7 minutes before it cuts out and then finds the signal again. Bottom line is, I can't hold a solid connection long enough to download .109, the farthest I got was 44% before my connection reset. Is there anyone that would be willing to e-mail me the .exe file so I finally upgrade? Thanks in advance
    02-28-09 05:34 PM
    Read these guides--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...eta-os-122851/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/

You should be able to find a link to .109 on the site or thru google
    02-28-09 05:36 PM
    It's a 127mb file - that'd bounce back from most mail servers due to size restrictions.

How about signing up for tethering with Verizon for a month and then using that as your internet connection to d/load 109?
    02-28-09 05:37 PM
    alright, fair enough. i just don't know how i'm going to get this on my computer, I just tried again and same thing, got to 19% an my connection went out. good call on the tethering but I'm alright tight as it is on money so i'll probably just wait until the official OS is released. sounds like it should be within the next 30 days anyway.
    02-28-09 06:24 PM
    Depending on where you are at, you might be able to go to an internet Cafe, or a friend with a more stable internet connection and with a ThumbDrive or some other external drive, DL it there, then move to your other computer.You problem is your connection, then you have to move where the connection isn't a problem. Find another source for internet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 06:27 PM
    have u tried a download manager some sites will let u resume the download that way.
    02-28-09 06:45 PM
    I haven't tried a download manager but that's a good i dea, I'm going to look into that. Thanks!
    02-28-09 06:54 PM
    Depending on where you are at, you might be able to go to an internet Cafe, or a friend with a more stable internet connection and with a ThumbDrive or some other external drive, DL it there, then move to your other computer.You problem is your connection, then you have to move where the connection isn't a problem. Find another source for internet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I completely agree with this.
    02-28-09 06:59 PM
    alright, fair enough. i just don't know how i'm going to get this on my computer, I just tried again and same thing, got to 19% an my connection went out. good call on the tethering but I'm alright tight as it is on money so i'll probably just wait until the official OS is released. sounds like it should be within the next 30 days anyway.
    How about using a friends computer and loading from there or download to a friends computer and then transfer to yours with a CD or thumbdrive. Maybe go to a library and use their computer?
    02-28-09 10:06 PM
    You can buy a 2 GB USB flash memory stick for less than $20. Get one and go to a friend's house who has a good internet provider and download it directly onto the flash memory stick.
    02-28-09 10:19 PM
    If you can't figure something out, I am willing to burn it to CD and mail it to you. Just PM me if you want to do it that way.
    02-28-09 11:05 PM
    this is a help me thread so i'm postin.....i'm running .103 and my "setup app" is in permanent "hide" mode on the home screen and i want to move it but when i press options there is not an option to move it to another folder...what should i do?
    03-01-09 06:57 AM
    this is a help me thread so i'm postin.....i'm running .103 and my "setup app" is in permanent "hide" mode on the home screen and i want to move it but when i press options there is not an option to move it to another folder...what should i do?
    If you really want help I suggest you make your own thread. I'm sure you will get the help you are looking for that way.
    03-01-09 07:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD