I tried following lyrical's thread on this and I've read it and read it and read it and I have always done stuff to my Storm with ZERO issues ever, I don't know what the heck is wrong with me this time, lol.

I have a consistent 30MB of free memory at all times with .113 OS. I am going to try and speed this up can someone please help me figure out how to shrink my OS! Thanks!
    04-03-09 08:35 PM
    Well what are you having problems with? What step did you get stuck at?
    04-03-09 09:08 PM
    I don't get the START of anything I don't see where you download any program and the program I downloaded was .rar file that I couldn't open!
    04-03-09 09:22 PM
    What I did was get a trial version of WinRar from here WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files . I used the one at the top it is WinRar3.80. This lets you open the .rar file so that you can pull out the Shrinkit.bat file and place it in the jave folder. let me know if you need anything else.
    04-03-09 09:28 PM
    id be stuck at step 1
    04-03-09 09:35 PM
    I'm still lost when I pull up the Shrink program it's like an MSDOS program but I can't exactly get it to do what I want!
    04-03-09 09:45 PM
    Well hopefully you can download the shrinkit file and open it up with WinRar. After that you will need to go to C:\program files (program file x86 if you have vista)>common files> research in motion>shared>loader files>then open your OS> then open java files. This is where you will need to place the Shrinkit.bat file. Then take the java folder and move it to the desktop. Once on the desktop you should run the shrinkit.bat file and choose which options you are going to use. After you finish removing whatever you need to, place the java folder back where it came from and move the newlycreated "removedfiles" folder to a place where you can keep it for back up. then run apploader to update your phone.
    04-03-09 09:49 PM
    what exactly do you want? Be specific otherwise I dont know what you are talking about.
    04-03-09 09:50 PM
    Well hopefully you can download the shrinkit file and open it up with WinRar. After that you will need to go to C:\program files (program file x86 if you have vista)>common files> research in motion>shared>loader files>then open your OS> then open java files. This is where you will need to place the Shrinkit.bat file. Then take the java folder and move it to the desktop. Once on the desktop you should run the shrinkit.bat file and choose which options you are going to use. After you finish removing whatever you need to, place the java folder back where it came from and move the newlycreated "removedfiles" folder to a place where you can keep it for back up. then run apploader to update your phone.
    I'm going to try this now, thank you!
    04-03-09 09:53 PM
    no prob! Let me know if you get stuck again. I will do my best.
    04-03-09 09:54 PM
    I've posted new/clearer instructions in the thread now since there were pretty basic/not really there. Thanks RideRedMX for helping M.J.H. along
    and M.J.H.
    let us know if you got it or still need some more help
    04-04-09 08:17 AM
    No worries! Happy to help when I can.
    04-04-09 11:55 AM
    no prob! Let me know if you get stuck again. I will do my best.
    I'm trying it to, if I need docs to go, do I just past them back into the Java folder?
    04-04-09 12:08 PM
    Instead of removing them and then puting them back I would just run each removal option individually. That way you dont have to go find the files yourself, because i would assume that some might not be completely obvious.
    04-04-09 12:11 PM
    Instead of removing them and then puting them back I would just run each removal option individually. That way you dont have to go find the files yourself, because i would assume that some might not be completely obvious.
    Thanks, once I opened the shrink program it was pretty obvious what I needed to do.
    04-04-09 12:43 PM
    Just checking, so I leave the ShrinkIt.bat fill in the JAVA folder and load the OS? Won't have any affect on OS?
    04-04-09 12:50 PM
    Yeah I just left it in. It didn't affect anything

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 12:51 PM
    I've created a new GUI for it, its downloadable at the same link
    http://www.theiexplorers.com/bb/Shrink-A-OS.rar
    tell me how you like/dislike it
    04-04-09 01:51 PM
    I've created a new GUI for it, its downloadable at the same link
    http://www.theiexplorers.com/bb/Shrink-A-OS.rar
    tell me how you like/dislike it
    AWESOME!! What exactly are the UK english files?
    04-04-09 02:23 PM
    they are just british spellings/words, I always get rid of them cuz I don't use em
    04-04-09 03:09 PM
    they are just british spellings/words, I always get rid of them cuz I don't use em
    Thanks, I will cut them out too
    04-04-09 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD