I upgraded to bete os.99, I love the way it runs but after loading a movie onto my storm 9530 the movie played great like always but I lost my sound. What's the deal? I tried deleting the movie and reloading but same results. This never happened when I was running os.75, help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 07:27 PM
    os .99 is not approved by verizon. and there is a reason for that. reinstall .75 and wait for the upgrade to be approved by your carrier.
    02-20-09 07:56 PM
    Thanks. I figured that. Stupid me thought it was safe to upgrade and never backed my storm up before I did it so I think I lost .75. Any thoughts? Besides that I'm stupid. Lol

02-20-09 08:04 PM
    Your not stupid...you just want to improve your things...nothing wrong with that. I just know from experience with the treo palm and upgrades that most of the time, it's worth the wait for an upgrade to be approved. You can find .75 download somewhere on this site I'm sure. Just search for it in the search box.
    02-20-09 08:22 PM
    Thanks. I figured that. Stupid me thought it was safe to upgrade and never backed my storm up before I did it so I think I lost .75. Any thoughts? Besides that I'm stupid. Lol

You can grab .75 from here BlackBerry® Software Updates

If you are reloading from scratch any way I would try .103 its far more stabe than .99 and I like the media player controls better. Anyway it doesn't really matter that its not approved by verizon its approved by rim. Verizon has no input on the os anyway.
    02-20-09 08:23 PM
    Then why is there way more problems with all the leaks...re-installs, battery pulls, soft-hard resets...I never had to do any of that with .75. I think it works just fine for me. You can keep the hassels...I'll wait.
    02-20-09 08:32 PM
    Thanks.a lot. I'm new to cb and alrdy find it amazing. Thanks to all. Any other tips let me kno.

02-20-09 08:33 PM
    You would be well advised to download the OS from Verizon rather than BB.
    02-20-09 08:46 PM
    Thanks Banjo....I thought I was the only one...lol
    02-20-09 09:09 PM
    Anyway it doesn't really matter that its not approved by verizon its approved by rim. Verizon has no input on the os anyway.
    RIM makes the OS and sends the it to testers. The testers are the ones that let it leak. Verizon has the most important input on the OS. They are the ones that give the final OK to support it. So if an OS is official by the carrier, that means they feel it is stable enought to support. .75 is more stable than .65 which is why they made it official, but some of the later leaked OS's have some major issues, so I'm not suprised that Verizon hasn't made any official. The lack of BT support in video playback is probably a very large player in the lack of official support.

Saying that Verizon has no input is just plain wrong.
    02-22-09 06:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD