I respect your decision to not upgrade but I would bet that most of us could care less that you haven't upgraded yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    And thats just down right rude dude!! dhill out, everyone here is a member and has a right to express themselves.
    02-26-09 10:58 PM
    Sith or CX, can you please confirm if any of the later builds or the final build (if you have access to it) makes the phone work as advertised? Im not concerned about dates, additional functionali, etc. I just want the phone to operate as it should.

Would greatly appreciate a response.

Thanks.
    02-27-09 05:31 AM
    Sith or CX, can you please confirm if any of the later builds or the final build (if you have access to it) makes the phone work as advertised? Im not concerned about dates, additional functionali, etc. I just want the phone to operate as it should.

Would greatly appreciate a response.

Thanks.
    This is an interesting question. Works as advertised... Well, if your referring to the commercials, then you have to remember those are simulated images. Its all about marketing, and you should NEVER buy a product you see function on TV, but rather function in person.

If your not referring to the commercials, and say referring to the firmware leaks you have been trying, then yes, it has gotten better. I cant/wont go into specifics, but, to be honest from .75 up, you have had a very functional phone, and its continuously improving with each step.

Now, there are some compiled firmware codes that you WONT ever see, and for good reason. Not each incremental number increase means BIGGER BETTER!! So to speak... Thats why they arent publicly available. And for good reason, because A LOT of you would cry foul

The leaks that do make it out, help to show you what the phone itself has become, and will eventually become. It has a LOT of potential, and a lot of the things you want to see will happen. In do time.

I hope this helps all!
    02-27-09 06:54 AM
    The later builds don't have to work right. Only the official OS update is required to meet that imperitive. Unless that build has been formally identified, it's a loaded question.

I can see the posts now:

Against the manufacturer's and service provider's explicit recommendation, I loaded this leak onto my phone clearly considered a WORK IN PROGRESS and not even supposed to be in the public's hands anyway...and guess what? It isn't working right! Stupid RIM!
    Last edited by mikestorm; 02-27-09 at 07:05 AM.
    02-27-09 07:01 AM
    This is an interesting question. Works as advertised... Well, if your referring to the commercials, then you have to remember those are simulated images. Its all about marketing, and you should NEVER buy a product you see function on TV, but rather function in person.

If your not referring to the commercials, and say referring to the firmware leaks you have been trying, then yes, it has gotten better. I cant/wont go into specifics, but, to be honest from .75 up, you have had a very functional phone, and its continuously improving with each step.
    Not referring to the commercials but the functional specs as advertised when the phone first hit the market. For me, I still have signal issues, call quality issues, browsing issues, media player issues, video streaming issues and few more. So yeah, thats what I mean by is phone going to work as advertised.

Now, there are some compiled firmware codes that you WONT ever see, and for good reason. Not each incremental number increase means BIGGER BETTER!! So to speak... Thats why they arent publicly available. And for good reason, because A LOT of you would cry foul
    Im aware of the whole software iteration process and I can completely understand that we wont be seeing all the firmware updates. My main concern is not additional functionality but improvements on current issues/defects. They seem to fix one and introduce three more.

The leaks that do make it out, help to show you what the phone itself has become, and will eventually become. It has a LOT of potential, and a lot of the things you want to see will happen. In do time.

I hope this helps all!
    There has been some sacrifice in phone capabilities to get the phone to work at a reasonable standard. For me that is completely unaccpetable. If in the later builds they manage to resolve all current issues/defects and the phone is working at full capacity then I will be satisfied. Until then this phone will remain a disappointment.
    02-27-09 07:04 AM
    I can see the posts now:

Against the manufacturer's and service provider's explicit recommendation, I loaded this leak onto my phone clearly considered a WORK IN PROGRESS and not even supposed to be in the public's hands anyway...and guess what? It isn't working right! Stupid RIM!
    How about - I purchased the phone provided by the manufacturer to my service provider which explicity detailed the phone's hardware and software capabilities and functionality which is supposed to be in full working form only to find out I was lied to and therefore have resorted to installing leaked versions of the OS in the hope that it will make the phone function as it should.
    02-27-09 07:07 AM
    How about - I purchased the phone provided by the manufacturer to my service provider which explicity detailed the phone's hardware and software capabilities and functionality which is supposed to be in full working form only to find out I was lied to and therefore have resorted to installing leaked versions of the OS in the hope that it will make the phone function as it should.
    If we were still pre .75/.76 I could see your point, but what about version .75/.76 is a dealbreaker? From what I remember, it was super stable and the phone's hardware and software capabilities and functionality were in full working form. The only complaint was it's slower than these leaked builds, which is technically a quality attribute and not a functional requirement.

I literally only had .75 on my phone for a blink, so I honestly can't recall.
    02-27-09 07:13 AM

I hope this helps all!
    well said!
    02-27-09 07:16 AM
    There has been some sacrifice in phone capabilities to get the phone to work at a reasonable standard. For me that is completely unaccpetable. If in the later builds they manage to resolve all current issues/defects and the phone is working at full capacity then I will be satisfied. Until then this phone will remain a disappointment.
    True, very true! And I will agree with you. But, and again, think about this. Technically you shouldnt even know about degrations/testing/ideas that they throw into each build. Technically, your phone should only have .75, and you should have "no idea" of what build they are on, or even an idea of what it looks like/how it functions, so technically, you shouldnt even know about degrations to test out stability. Will the degrations stay? Definitely not. And to anyone saying the phone can not handle stability AND produce amazing color, they are wrong

But just remember, you cant have a disappointment in a phone using firmware you shouldnt have. Because the firmware you should have, although a little slow, is very stable and functions just fine.
    02-27-09 07:19 AM
    LOL - Yep ..... I agree, thats why we've got this Beta Forum.

Been reading this thread and ITS MAD !

I'm as impatient as anyone for the latest stable beta's (ask around ... lol), but the main thing that I wanted was a stable OS, and thankfully with .109, its quite stable now.

Hopefully newer stuff will come along, better battery, faster speed, less memory leaks, but I'm more chilled at the moment due to my phone not rebooting every 3 seconds.

As far as this GOLD CODE is concerned ...... seeing is believing. I don't think we should push anyone for information, if they want to share then fair enough, if not, who cares. THIS IS BETA OS SOFTWARE, Not damn nuclear or national security secrets ..... get a grip.
    02-27-09 07:21 AM
    Yeah thats what has me excited. with .109, the phone is working great, so to know its gonna get better, NICE!
    02-27-09 07:26 AM
    LOL - Yep ..... I agree, thats why we've got this Beta Forum.

Been reading this thread and ITS MAD !

I'm as impatient as anyone for the latest stable beta's (ask around ... lol), but the main thing that I wanted was a stable OS, and thankfully with .109, its quite stable now.

Hopefully newer stuff will come along, better battery, faster speed, less memory leaks, but I'm more chilled at the moment due to my phone not rebooting every 3 seconds.

As far as this GOLD CODE is concerned ...... seeing is believing. I don't think we should push anyone for information, if they want to share then fair enough, if not, who cares. THIS IS BETA OS SOFTWARE, Not damn nuclear or national security secrets ..... get a grip.
    The phone was just as stable, if not more, in .75
    02-27-09 07:27 AM
    Well, the bold is on version .241 .......... Its a never ending road.
    02-27-09 07:28 AM
    The phone was just as stable, if not more, in .75
    Stable is good. So is a bit of speed .......
    Well, the bold is on version .241 .......... Its a never ending road.
    Oh, it is?? Its a bit higher then that, but that phone is performing excellent right now.
    I just mentioned that to someone who is sticking with.75 we will trade some stability for speed. .109 is pretty stable and much faster than .75 so if we have a while to wait yet the next official is gonna be sweeeet.

02-27-09 07:34 AM
    For those who don't want to read through the 15 pages..let me sum up..

I have inside information that RIM is working on new OS builds that are made to "improve" on the storm. Please do not quote me. I do not want to compromise my insiders..but when allowed it will be pubished on my weekly webzine called "The Obvious". Currently I am working on an article of a rumor I heard that the sun will rise tomorrow. It's very intriguing yet imformative.
    02-27-09 07:36 AM
    Thanks for being forthcoming with this information radio. Its good to know there is some light at the end of the tunnel.
    02-27-09 07:36 AM
    Thanks for being forthcoming with this information radio. Its good to know there is some light at the end of the tunnel.
    Oh its no problem at all! I answer what I can.

If i dont answer you, dont take it personally! There is a reason
    02-27-09 07:38 AM
    i like 109 alot it is by far the best leak to date for me. I am just hoping they fix the typing lag i sometimes get while using bbm. it mostly happens when i am typing and someone sends me a msg on bbm its almost like the ringtone is what lags it
    02-27-09 07:42 AM
    For those who don't want to read through the 15 pages..let me sum up..

I have inside information that RIM is working on new OS builds that are made to "improve" on the storm. Please do not quote me. I do not want to compromise my insiders..but when allowed it will be pubished on my weekly webzine called "The Obvious". Currently I am working on an article of a rumor I heard that the sun will rise tomorrow. It's very intriguing yet imformative.
    I see what you did here. Funny.
    02-27-09 07:59 AM
    Nice one Hudss. That does pretty much sum it up too.

02-27-09 08:19 AM
    Hudss .... How could you ? That was MY secret !!!
    02-27-09 09:23 AM
    The builds are way past .112 and the GC is right around the corner.
    With that understood - would you say the 'to be released' GC include blue tooth stereo functionality in the media/video player as OS 4.7.0.75 had?
    02-27-09 01:28 PM
    This should be leaked very soon I hope....In fact there is an article about the new copy & paste feature it has on Phone arena today
    I cant post links yet but goto Phonearena to check it out

edit...once you goto phone arena click on news link in the left hand column and you will see the article there
    Last edited by seans1973; 02-27-09 at 04:01 PM.
    02-27-09 03:58 PM
360 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD