No one said it was "the perfect build". And it is news to us poor, uneducated folk just roaming around Crackberry looking for any little scrap of information the "Elite" wants to give out.

I think we all realize there are wheels in motion that are unbeknown to us. This "old news" that the thread is referring to was just posted yesterday at 5:15 pm and therefore is "new" news to everyone that is out of the loop. I know your intentions are to help out and provide the information that you can (at least I hope), but I think your methods of doing so can be very degrading to the users of this site at times. A moderator is supposed to diffuse situations and keep threads on topic, not flame and belittle the users they are trying to protect. Please try and understand that we do not have access to the information that you have and therefore would not be able to determine that this article is "old news".

I know this site blew up with the release of the Storm and it can be a little frustrating managing a greater number of users and keeping your composure when bad information is reported, but I would like to ask you to change your tactics a bit. We know that your information is solid and that you are leaps and bounds above the rest of us when it comes to Blackberry knowledge and you should understand that we only know only what is released to the public.

That being said I mean no disrespect and do appreciate that information that you provide, I am just stating what I have observed in this forum and offering my advice.
    I would love to know where in that post did I flame or belittle anyone? LOL. Bottom line is .112 is old news, and the majority of CB users know this. I only updated the latest known list with .112 like to or three weeks ago. My point was, .112 is old and you/they should want something newer. But surely don't accuse me of something I did not do. thanks.

Well .. Being in my 40's and having done scripting, testing, support, development, Q&A and more support for 20+ years.... I'll pass along how things work in our shop, maybe it will help inform folks who do other things for a living and question how code flows..

- Customers (in most cases financial institutions we work with/for) tell us what they'd like to see in regards to my dept's specific function/role
    - We get documents drawn-up to propose said feature requests and do costs analysis and await approvals from higher-ups
    - Once the higher-ups have approved of costs/tech docs, we pass it on to other depts/organization to gather forms on hardware requirements
    - Info's passed on to Info-Sec people and firewall folks to gauge network/security issues/costs/etc.. Architects re-work flows ..
    - Once all this is done we meet with said customers and discuss
    - Once approved we contact and draw up papers to work with our vendors.
    - Vendors develop code..

(Keep in mind up to now this process could have taken a couple months..)

- Vendors release a build to us.. It's their gold code.. What this means is.. they believe this will furnish our needs and wants to the best of their ability, for now, without any serious bugs or issues that might impact us or our customers.. This does not mean there won't be any further releases of same code. However, further releases are updates, fixes, sometimes a new "base" level with database migrations, new versions of WebSphere, changes to 64bit .. etc..
    - We test this code, install in a development rack.. meet, agree it seems to work, and get permission to install into a QA rack that customers can also QA test on/with.
    - We install in QA, customers commence testing.. Reports are given on performance, bugs, problems.. new desires/wants/etc.. Reports are considered, we determine what we send back to 3rd party vendors for more costs/planning/etc..
    - We move approved code into production racks.. This is where the s**t can hit the fan if you haven't tested well ..
    - Usually while installing into production servers/LPARs ..or even while still in QA systems, we'll multi-task and get new Dev code with fixes/changes to install and test..

It's a vicious circle of documentation, testing, installing, testing, reporting back, communication with various people at various sites in various states.. so getting any code at all with the speed RIM seems to be leaking out is marvel in itself I'd think .. or is it RIM at all? It must be a beta tester or employee leaking these eh?

Anyway .. just a day or week in the life of me I guess.. in regards to apps work ..

Jeff
    And most people think my job is a blast!! Lol. I told them they have no idea, and most only think they would want to do this.
    02-26-09 03:27 PM
    I would love to know where in that post did I flame or belittle anyone? LOL. Bottom line is .112 is old news, and the majority of CB users know this. I only updated the latest known list with .112 like to or three weeks ago. My point was, .112 is old and you/they should want something newer. But surely don't accuse me of something I did not do. thanks.
    When word about .112 hit the boards and spread, RIM most likely already had another build out. These builds get old very fast. It's not like they make a new build every 2 months.
    02-26-09 03:35 PM
    WES 09 is over. It was held in Barcelona and BB released info on its new BES enterprise.
    that was MWC in Barcelona was it not?
    Wrong. Its in early May.
    oops, my bad. sorry ppl!
    02-26-09 03:39 PM
    i think they should change the tittle on this thread to "someone leak for .112"
    lol
    everyone is just trying to push buttons talk it up to see if someone will just leak it.
    02-26-09 04:42 PM
    It would be appropriate to leak on the official BIRTHDAY of Crackberry.....
    02-26-09 05:27 PM
    .112 has the worst radio of any version I have seen lol
    02-26-09 05:28 PM

Sith, good to see you again.......
    How would it work with the radio code from .90? Is the color back yet?
    02-26-09 05:31 PM
    hey sith.... Missed seeing you around.... have you heard anything about RIM exploring Flash support?
    02-26-09 05:31 PM
    I have been around just avoiding the storm forum for the most part lol. The reason that it has been replaced is because of the major flaws in it. Look at how fast they have gone from .11x up.
    02-26-09 05:33 PM
    hey sith.... Missed seeing you around.... have you heard anything about RIM exploring Flash support?
    When BlackBerry does get flash, its likely it will not be FlashLite.
    02-26-09 05:34 PM
    Nice to see you posting here again Sith
    02-26-09 05:44 PM
    When word about .112 hit the boards and spread, RIM most likely already had another build out. These builds get old very fast. It's not like they make a new build every 2 months.
    Most likely? Lol. I've already said I don't update it with the newest builds, only newer than regular users know. I'm not quite sure what you were trying to accomplish with your post?
    02-26-09 05:47 PM
    Crucial. YOU ARE GOD.
    02-26-09 05:55 PM
    Crucial, the dropper of Nuggets. I haven't seen a new nugget today. I need to get a life instead of waiting for you to drop another nugget of useful information.
    02-26-09 06:09 PM
    Question for either CX or Sith! do you 2 work for the same company?
    02-26-09 07:05 PM
    Question for either CX or Sith! do you 2 work for the same company?
    No, not at all. Sith has a great job, but I don't want "those" headaches.
    02-26-09 07:14 PM
    To cx or sith

What do you guys think of the new method for cut an paste?

Is it really an improvement over the current method?

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 07:23 PM
    Hmm Crucial's making Sith sound like he's a programmer for RIM or something. :\ Currrioouss...

Thanks for contributing you two.
    02-26-09 07:25 PM
    Are either of you 2 Canadian CX? just curious.
    02-26-09 07:28 PM
    To cx or sith

What do you guys think of the new method for cut an paste?

Is it really an improvement over the current method?

Thanks.

Welcome back Valace!
    I'm intersted in this issue as well....
    02-26-09 07:30 PM
    Now that I think about it, I remember telling Sith before that the current OS beta had issues with the album art getting a quick glitch when re orientating from portrait/landscape and it ended up getting fixed recently. Now it rotates a lot smoother.I wonder if he responded to me or put in a word about that.

Either that or I'm over analyzing this whole thing.
    02-26-09 07:32 PM
    Welcome back Valace!
    I'm intersted in this issue as well....
    Thanks not sure everyone would agree with you.

Figure since the copy/paste thing has leaked they might be able to share some info.

02-26-09 07:40 PM
    Thanks not sure everyone would agree with you.

Figure since the copy/paste thing has leaked they might be able to share some info.

Valace where have you been bro?
    02-26-09 07:48 PM
    Blueberry. Who are you? Do you claim to have some inside information?
    02-26-09 07:54 PM
    Blueberry. Who are you? Do you claim to have some inside information?
    I know some people.
    02-26-09 07:55 PM
360 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD