Radio- Why don't you tell us everything about your OS?
    The only reason a person would put .13X at the bottom of a post is they want us to know about it.
    People under NDA's don't do that.

So let here what you have to say..
    02-26-09 10:58 AM
    Maybe new OS design will be demo'd there?
    WES 09 is over. It was held in Barcelona and BB released info on its new BES enterprise.
    02-26-09 11:18 AM
    CX, can you please confirm if any of the later builds or the final build (if you have access to it) make the Storm perform as it should, i.e. as advertised. Thats all I am interested in. Dont care about dates, additional functional, etc.

Would greatly apprecaite a response.

Thanks.
    02-26-09 11:20 AM
    WES 09 is over. It was held in Barcelona and BB released info on its new BES enterprise.
    that was MWC in Barcelona was it not?
    02-26-09 11:22 AM
    Ok we got GC meaning "Gold Code" and "General Consensus." Which one of these is right?? And if so what do they mean??!?
    I wish you people would get it right and stop jerking this guy around. Its common knowlege that GC means "God's Colon".
    02-26-09 11:38 AM
    I wish you people would get it right and stop jerking this guy around. Its common knowlege that GC means "God's Colon".
    LMAO lol

opps.. 10 char
    02-26-09 11:49 AM
    Wrong. Its in early May.
    02-26-09 12:17 PM
    .112 is old news. I'm not saying this to make anyone mad or flaunt anything, it's just the facts. The builds are way past .112 and the GC is right around the corner. That said I know you all would like to have something new. I'm just saying don't think it's the perfect build or anything because it's not. And there's much much better.
    No one said it was "the perfect build". And it is news to us poor, uneducated folk just roaming around Crackberry looking for any little scrap of information the "Elite" wants to give out.

I think we all realize there are wheels in motion that are unbeknown to us. This "old news" that the thread is referring to was just posted yesterday at 5:15 pm and therefore is "new" news to everyone that is out of the loop. I know your intentions are to help out and provide the information that you can (at least I hope), but I think your methods of doing so can be very degrading to the users of this site at times. A moderator is supposed to diffuse situations and keep threads on topic, not flame and belittle the users they are trying to protect. Please try and understand that we do not have access to the information that you have and therefore would not be able to determine that this article is "old news".

I know this site blew up with the release of the Storm and it can be a little frustrating managing a greater number of users and keeping your composure when bad information is reported, but I would like to ask you to change your tactics a bit. We know that your information is solid and that you are leaps and bounds above the rest of us when it comes to Blackberry knowledge and you should understand that we only know only what is released to the public.

That being said I mean no disrespect and do appreciate that information that you provide, I am just stating what I have observed in this forum and offering my advice.
    Last edited by parkster705; 02-26-09 at 12:19 PM.
    02-26-09 12:17 PM
    lmao, nice!
    I share your sentiments ...... LMAO !
    02-26-09 12:35 PM
    CX, can you please confirm if any of the later builds or the final build (if you have access to it) make the Storm perform as it should, i.e. as advertised. Thats all I am interested in. Dont care about dates, additional functional, etc.

Would greatly apprecaite a response.

Thanks.
    He can't do that.
    02-26-09 12:46 PM
    Why is it whenever someone closer to things than the majority drops a nugget of information they're held in contempt?

People here generally share every bit of what they can. If they're not telling us everything, there's typically a very good reason, either written or understood, for doing so. That being said, why keep asking? I don't think we're going to wear them down
    02-26-09 12:54 PM
    Why is it whenever someone closer to things than the majority drops a nugget of information they're held in contempt?

People here generally share every bit of what they can. If they're not telling us everything, there's typically a very good reason, either written or understood, for doing so. That being said, why keep asking? I don't think we're going to wear them down
    Perfectly said. If i havent responded to a question/post, I either a) didnt see it or b) cant/dont want to
    02-26-09 12:57 PM
    Personally, I love my Storm. I've only had it for a week, but it's by far the best phone I've ever owned. I installed .109 recently and while I have discovered a few bugs, I personally think they are relatively minor. If there were to be no more software updates after .109 I could live with that. However, my Storm is 100% for personal use. If I was using it as a business phone I may (or may not) have different feelings about the phone.

I've only been on this site for a week, but I've read a lot of threads since then about the new OS versions and what may be coming in the future. The people providing information about OS updates and leaks are our friends, and we should treat them that way. They can't tell us everything, and they probably risk a lot by telling us what they do say. All they're doing is trying to help us. So if someone says version .130 is out, and it's even better than what we have now, I think that's great. I think it's a bit rude to demand further details as if they owe it to us.

I'm just happy that my Storm, which I already enjoy so much, has the potential to get even better in the future.
    02-26-09 01:03 PM
    Now now now I am not holding anyone in contempt at all. I am merely saying from past experiences (not just this thread) that some of the actions that I've seen more resemble that of a regular user (bickering, flaunting, etc.) than a moderator.
    02-26-09 01:24 PM
    I think it's a bit rude to demand further details as if they owe it to us.
    Please re-read the post. I never demanded anything.
    02-26-09 01:26 PM
    What happened to the days where phones were rarely updated??? I mean sheesh we get updates far more frequently now than we did say a few years ago. Why do people always complain? If we got an update every 24 hours people would want a new one every 12.....
    02-26-09 01:32 PM
    That was the days of dumphones....obviously RIM was pressured by VZW to get this thing done...thats why they are cranking out updates like nobodies business seems like it to me anyway......
    02-26-09 01:34 PM
    I know I'm new and all, and maybe my suggestions don't count as much, but can't we be big boys and girls and play nice.......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 01:52 PM
    Well .. Being in my 40's and having done scripting, testing, support, development, Q&A and more support for 20+ years.... I'll pass along how things work in our shop, maybe it will help inform folks who do other things for a living and question how code flows..

- Customers (in most cases financial institutions we work with/for) tell us what they'd like to see in regards to my dept's specific function/role
    - We get documents drawn-up to propose said feature requests and do costs analysis and await approvals from higher-ups
    - Once the higher-ups have approved of costs/tech docs, we pass it on to other depts/organization to gather forms on hardware requirements
    - Info's passed on to Info-Sec people and firewall folks to gauge network/security issues/costs/etc.. Architects re-work flows ..
    - Once all this is done we meet with said customers and discuss
    - Once approved we contact and draw up papers to work with our vendors.
    - Vendors develop code..

(Keep in mind up to now this process could have taken a couple months..)

- Vendors release a build to us.. It's their gold code.. What this means is.. they believe this will furnish our needs and wants to the best of their ability, for now, without any serious bugs or issues that might impact us or our customers.. This does not mean there won't be any further releases of same code. However, further releases are updates, fixes, sometimes a new "base" level with database migrations, new versions of WebSphere, changes to 64bit .. etc..
    - We test this code, install in a development rack.. meet, agree it seems to work, and get permission to install into a QA rack that customers can also QA test on/with.
    - We install in QA, customers commence testing.. Reports are given on performance, bugs, problems.. new desires/wants/etc.. Reports are considered, we determine what we send back to 3rd party vendors for more costs/planning/etc..
    - We move approved code into production racks.. This is where the s**t can hit the fan if you haven't tested well ..
    - Usually while installing into production servers/LPARs ..or even while still in QA systems, we'll multi-task and get new Dev code with fixes/changes to install and test..

It's a vicious circle of documentation, testing, installing, testing, reporting back, communication with various people at various sites in various states.. so getting any code at all with the speed RIM seems to be leaking out is marvel in itself I'd think .. or is it RIM at all? It must be a beta tester or employee leaking these eh?

Anyway .. just a day or week in the life of me I guess.. in regards to apps work ..

Jeff
    02-26-09 02:06 PM
    I wonder if this .112 will be leaked....on bb news, there was the word leaked and then it was crossed out....

I wouldn't mind if it leaked.....and if someone finds, please let all of us know......
    02-26-09 02:53 PM
    I wonder if this .112 will be leaked....on bb news, there was the word leaked and then it was crossed out....

I wouldn't mind if it leaked.....and if someone finds, please let all of us know......
    Then it has release, so that could mean a lot. Release from a company or others.
    02-26-09 03:03 PM
    Parkster- (regarding your reply to CX)
    The down side of reading someones comments online instead of face to face is not being able to adequately read sarcasm, tone of voice, etc.
    On behalf of the rest of us, please try not to **** of the folks who give us the good information. CX knows what he's talking about, he's not giving bits of info to tease us, I assume he's doing it because he wants us to know better things are en route. Things I think he has probably worked on personally. By the time you and I download a leaked OS, it has probably been over a month since the folks at RIM have last worked on it, so it is "old news" to them.
    This is what i have gathered from the collective posts of CX and others in his arena. If any of it is wrong, Im sure he will let me know. Im posting this because I have seen too many times, people disrespect CX and then the flow of his info stops. I don't want that to happen. I'd rather know the bits of solid trustworthy info then get sketchy reports or nothing at all.

Thats just my 2Cents
    02-26-09 03:13 PM
    What happened to the days where phones were rarely updated??? I mean sheesh we get updates far more frequently now than we did say a few years ago. Why do people always complain? If we got an update every 24 hours people would want a new one every 12.....
    I disagree with that last part. I think people would complain less if there was consistency...you know?

Oh and....................GO LSU!
    02-26-09 03:18 PM
    Im posting this because I have seen too many times, people disrespect CX and then the flow of his info stops. I don't want that to happen.
    This is true. People try to ask too much from him and that's when his information stops. They have to learn just how to deal with what they get.
    02-26-09 03:20 PM
    I disagree with that last part. I think people would complain less if there was consistency...you know?
    Yeah, if this didn't happened and a new release came out say a year later and it wasn't good everyone would complain up a storm. They would be like they had this long to make it good and this is what we get? And other stupid comments. But with these betas it shows that RIM is getting better at making the OS better.
    02-26-09 03:21 PM
360 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD