Blueberry, you CLAIM to know more.......can you confirm color is back, flick scrolling, OFFICIAL OS in the near future, anything? Or are you under NDA as well? Just fishing for some info
    Okay, I'll be nice and see what I can find out and come back. What you think? Sound like a plan?

PS Didn't last time I said an official OS was coming soon and I got flamed and then a couple weeks later, what came out? An official OS release.
    02-25-09 08:12 PM
    /Rant Start/

I don't understand this notion of GC - Gold Code.

The understanding I've got from here is that "Its something that the developers were aiming as a final build or what they wanted to achieve "? I DONT GET IT.

So what was .65 .75 .78 .80 .85 .87 .88 .90 .99 .103 .109 and the numerous others that we didn't or haven't seen ????

Where all these PC = Play code, mess about, waste time and extend the developers contracts.

I REALLY REALLY don't get it.

And GC is supposed to have its own issues .... damn, would you call that gold, damn, I wouldn't even call that bronze !!!

/Rant Stop/

For the haters .... my opinion ... RELAX !
    Yes there have been lots of builds.... But you cannot expect RIM to fix every single known bug in 1 software update, they fix one, and then move to the next. i would imagine the GC will be .13x... i am basing that on nothing except... well... nothing... just a thought
    02-25-09 08:14 PM
    True, but WTF was .65 and .75 all about? TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT.....
    While they may have been a disappointment, they certainly were functional. I feel people are too critical off these OSs that have been either official or leaked. To expect an absolutely flawless OS with release would be absolutely impractical. All parties involved with the Storm wanted the device out in the public. It gets to the point of people being completely disappointed if the device when expected or people being disappointed with features and OS at release even though it may be slightly premature. If they were to have waited for the "gold code" to become a reality we are talking about the device still not being out.

Everyone is in a catch 22... I'd expect that the variations of touchscreen devices that RIM develops will not have the magnitude of OS issues as we have seen with the first generation Storm.
    02-25-09 08:18 PM
    You cant look at it as programmers not trying to develop a good code. The developers (referring to this case or any software) work at making the code as best as they can while constantly changing/adding features at the request of project managers, its a constant assembly of product. They are constantly tweaking, changing, modifying, etc. When the powers that be decide they want to launch the product they're gonna do it when they want. They may ask developers for input, but they may decide that its worth it to launch a slightly buggy build to get products on the shelves. Its not the developers call, like I said, they just pump out a constant work in progress.

More and more people want the latest thing regardless of consequence so more and more companies put out products that might not be without bugs but are close enough that they will start moving product. People complain about bugginess (we all do) but we also drive a market that allows companies to successfully launch buggy products.

I am not criticizing anyone here or anywhere else. This is just the way it is. I too wish things were less buggy but I too am the one that wants to rush out and get the newest thing that I can. How many of us are running FireFox 3.1beta2, beta (private beta, not meant for us) OS's on our BB's, Windows 7 beta, etc? Its a beta culture, and despite its good points and bad I am for one glad to be a part of it as a private tester and a guy that quietly roams Crackberry downloading beta OS's I wouldn't otherwise be privy to.

Crawling back in my whole,
    BH

PS - Think of "golden code" as an abstract idea. Its like finding happiness in life. You always aim for it, you fail many times on your journey, and hopefully you will get there one day, but it doesn't mean there isn't room to improve even then.
    Last edited by johnatthebar; 02-25-09 at 08:31 PM.
    02-25-09 08:26 PM
    While they may have been a disappointment, they certainly were functional. I feel people are too critical off these OSs that have been either official or leaked. To expect an absolutely flawless OS with release would be absolutely impractical. All parties involved with the Storm wanted the device out in the public. It gets to the point of people being completely disappointed if the device when expected or people being disappointed with features and OS at release even though it may be slightly premature. If they were to have waited for the "gold code" to become a reality we are talking about the device still not being out.

Everyone is in a catch 22... I'd expect that the variations of touchscreen devices that RIM develops will not have the magnitude of OS issues as we have seen with the first generation Storm.
    Functional, yes, but they should have had a OS that was amazing even with a few bugs, which probably would've been the case if they hadn't rushed to get the phone out before the holidays.
    02-25-09 11:36 PM
    Okay, I'll be nice and see what I can find out and come back. What you think? Sound like a plan?

PS Didn't last time I said an official OS was coming soon and I got flamed and then a couple weeks later, what came out? An official OS release.
    WTF dude!!..give us something bro!!..lol
    02-25-09 11:47 PM
    The Moses Golden Cow is the only one that makes sense to me !
    Even the Golden Shower has is own supporters.
    And finally: to make Blueberry15 very happy, I can predict the end of the world in a few centuries...let me read Nostradamus to know what comes now as I'm only at page 64 ...
    02-25-09 11:55 PM
    The **** with .112! i want .13x..lol
    02-26-09 12:04 AM
    The **** with .112! i want .13x..lol
    Lol. Just wait for WES.
    02-26-09 12:07 AM
    Lol. Just wait for WES.
    WES??

10char
    02-26-09 12:36 AM
    02-26-09 12:37 AM
    Maybe new OS design will be demo'd there?
    02-26-09 12:40 AM
    that would be great if the new design would be shown!
    02-26-09 12:42 AM
    Let's keep this in the coming week(s) ahead and not look into May, we'll drive ourselves insane. :-P
    02-26-09 02:09 AM
    will the gc have korean language supports?

.112 is old news. I'm not saying this to make anyone mad or flaunt anything, it's just the facts. The builds are way past .112 and the GC is right around the corner. That said I know you all would like to have something new. I'm just saying don't think it's the perfect build or anything because it's not. And theres much much better.
    02-26-09 02:11 AM
    I'm running 10 9 and prefer th original version . Nice to see a stray stream of leaked betas though it means they are working hard on new software .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 02:20 AM
    so i'm pretty excited about the GC as is everyone else, but I also agree that having 112 now would be pretty sweet even if it isn't the "newest" or "best" from that demo of editing text i want it over 109
    02-26-09 02:49 AM
    so i'm pretty excited about the GC as is everyone else, but I also agree that having 112 now would be pretty sweet even if it isn't the "newest" or "best" from that demo of editing text i want it over 109
    It's only been 3 days since .109. People here are getting more and more impatient with each release.
    02-26-09 02:57 AM
    Its quite possible that Nostradamus predicted when the next official release would be. I am now going to go through his prophesis...
    02-26-09 03:31 AM
    I think I found it:

To the enemy, the enemy faith promised,
    Shall not be kept, the captives will be detained,
    The first taken, put to death, and the rest stripped,
    Giving the rest that they may be rescued.

My reading of this is that RIM promised they would unleash death upon the iphone.
    The captives are us addicted to the forums pressing F5.
    The first taken was the first Official release of the OS, may it rest in peace.
    Apparantly we will be rescued soon.

So I think we shall have new official release soon before the end of the year!!!!
    02-26-09 03:43 AM
    I think I found it:

My reading of this is that RIM promised they would unleash death upon the iphone.

So I think we shall have new official release soon before the end of the year!!!!

I lol'd.......
    02-26-09 05:12 AM
    One of the things that bother me most is selecting text, and copy/pasting. Apparently they are working on it...
    02-26-09 05:49 AM
    It's only been 3 days since .109. People here are getting more and more impatient with each release.
    This couldnt be any more true But who can blame people. Always want the "latest and greatest"

There will be more to come besides the copy/paste update...
    02-26-09 06:14 AM
    This couldnt be any more true But who can blame people. Always want the "latest and greatest"

There will be more to come besides the copy/paste update...
    The .13X series running strong so far?
    02-26-09 10:27 AM
    I think I found it:

Litterally A.M.A.Z.I.N.G ! I sayd it before. Nostradamus is THA MAN !
    Now we have a range of only (approx) 300 days of F5 every 5 mins...that means more or less 86400 strokes...not bad, not bad buddy
    Last edited by rmwolf; 02-26-09 at 10:42 AM.
    02-26-09 10:37 AM
360 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD