i been playin with 148 since it leaked, and everything is awesome except that my Jawbone2 now sounds lower listening to the other party speak. I went back to previous leaks and even 75 for a bit and all the was normal and the volume level was just fine with my Jawbone2. Is there a setting somewhere that i am missing i have been writing about this for a while now on the forums and nobody has a clue and says they don't have any problems, so please someone get me to a setting somewhere or help me out or this might be a bug in 148!
    05-29-09 07:51 PM
    i been playin with 148 since it leaked, and everything is awesome except that my Jawbone2 now sounds lower listening to the other party speak. I went back to previous leaks and even 75 for a bit and all the was normal and the volume level was just fine with my Jawbone2. Is there a setting somewhere that i am missing i have been writing about this for a while now on the forums and nobody has a clue and says they don't have any problems, so please someone get me to a setting somewhere or help me out or this might be a bug in 148!
    cheechoz, there is a BT bug with .148 (and .141) that causes low/no volume through Bluetooth headsets. I'm not sure if it effects everyone, but I have read there are several that it does.
    05-29-09 08:00 PM
    Oh no your kidding me Well i can attest that my volume has gotten lower on 148 using BT but I don't think I can deal with it and might have to go down to 132 which is fairly stable for me!!!
    05-29-09 08:02 PM
    Yes, and it appears the problem is in the radio code (.sfi). Jlevey has tried all the combinations and found that the BT .cod files in the Java folder had no effect on correcting the problem.
    05-29-09 08:21 PM
    Yes, and it appears the problem is in the radio code (.sfi). Jlevey has tried all the combinations and found that the BT .cod files in the Java folder had no effect on correcting the problem.
    well until a fix comes out or a new leak I'm going back down to 132 to stay, I'm very surprised that this was overlooked by Verizon and there gonna release the OS still!!!!
    05-29-09 08:26 PM
    Is this really an issue for all jawbone2 users? I don't have one so I can't test for myself. Are there any jawbone2 users out there that don't have this problem? Is this an issue with all bluetooth devices? If not, would doing a clean wipe and loading .148 (without restore) fix it? Has anyone tried that?

And isn't there a volume boost setting somewhere that you can try? I thought I read that somewhere before.
    05-30-09 08:16 AM
    Is this really an issue for all jawbone2 users? I don't have one so I can't test for myself. Are there any jawbone2 users out there that don't have this problem? Is this an issue with all bluetooth devices? If not, would doing a clean wipe and loading .148 (without restore) fix it? Has anyone tried that?

And isn't there a volume boost setting somewhere that you can try? I thought I read that somewhere before.
    I have no issues with my plantronics voyager 925.
    05-30-09 08:21 AM
    I have the Jawbone 2 and I can hear just fine out of mine. I don't recall having any problems with the volume, if I did I probably just turned it up at with the volume switch on the jawbone without thinking about it.
    05-30-09 08:38 AM
    Thanks guys. I just tried with my Altec Lansing Back Beat 906 wireless stereo bluetooth headphones and volume level on phone calls are perfectly fine for me also. So it looks like BlueTooth is just fine on .148 and it's a user specific issue. Especially since hookbill has a jawbone2 and it works perfectly for him.

I know those of us who don't have any issues usually don't post and people who do have issues do post (as they should in order to find an answer) but I hate when blanket statements that the OS is crap and buggy and should never have been released is made. I constantly see people with 3rd party apps and themes posting problems when they upgrade their OS and never take into consideration that what they're updating (the "Operating System", the underlying foundation that all 3rd party apps and themes rely on) is changing. So basic logic would dictate that those 3rd party apps and themes would need to be re-tweaked for whatever changes were made to the underlying foundation, the OS that said apps and themes rely on.

Am I crazy for thinking this? As an analogy, should I really expect custom themes or apps written for Windows 3.1 should work flawlessly in Windows XP?

I know I went a little off topic as this probably has nothing to do with the jawbone bluetooth issue the OP stated but it just got me venting. Sorry.

Anyway, I would suggest a clean install of .148 and then pair up your jawbone2 and see if that works. And then if so, reload (not restore from backup) any 3rd party apps or themes one by one to eliminate any other possible non related issues that may arise.

EDIT: BTW, I have never done a clean wipe then install. I've always just done an upgrade with restore and never had a single problem. But I see others recommend a clean install when people do have problems. When in doubt, try "stock" first to make sure everything works as it should.
    Last edited by 0bsrvr; 05-30-09 at 09:32 AM.
    05-30-09 09:24 AM
    Yea thats od. Im on .148 too and i have a JB2 and have no problems.
    05-30-09 09:52 AM
    Sorry to totally disagree with your analogy but there is a bug in 148 with BT and i have done numerous clean installs of 148 and still the volume is low and unclear as compared to other leaks i have used and the official 75 also! Maybe it is a Jawbone2 specific bug or maybe even some Jawbone2's only, but how ever you cut it, it's there and totally unexceptible to many users!!!!
    05-31-09 01:05 PM
    Thanks guys. I just tried with my Altec Lansing Back Beat 906 wireless stereo bluetooth headphones and volume level on phone calls are perfectly fine for me also. So it looks like BlueTooth is just fine on .148 and it's a user specific issue. Especially since hookbill has a jawbone2 and it works perfectly for him.

I know those of us who don't have any issues usually don't post and people who do have issues do post (as they should in order to find an answer) but I hate when blanket statements that the OS is crap and buggy and should never have been released is made. I constantly see people with 3rd party apps and themes posting problems when they upgrade their OS and never take into consideration that what they're updating (the "Operating System", the underlying foundation that all 3rd party apps and themes rely on) is changing. So basic logic would dictate that those 3rd party apps and themes would need to be re-tweaked for whatever changes were made to the underlying foundation, the OS that said apps and themes rely on.

Am I crazy for thinking this? As an analogy, should I really expect custom themes or apps written for Windows 3.1 should work flawlessly in Windows XP?

I know I went a little off topic as this probably has nothing to do with the jawbone bluetooth issue the OP stated but it just got me venting. Sorry.

Anyway, I would suggest a clean install of .148 and then pair up your jawbone2 and see if that works. And then if so, reload (not restore from backup) any 3rd party apps or themes one by one to eliminate any other possible non related issues that may arise.

EDIT: BTW, I have never done a clean wipe then install. I've always just done an upgrade with restore and never had a single problem. But I see others recommend a clean install when people do have problems. When in doubt, try "stock" first to make sure everything works as it should.
    Sorry to totally disagree with your analogy but there is a bug in 148 with BT and i have done numerous clean installs of 148 and still the volume is low and unclear as compared to other leaks i have used and the official 75 also! Maybe it is a Jawbone2 specific bug or maybe even some Jawbone2's only, but how ever you cut it, it's there and totally unexceptible to many users!!!!
    05-31-09 01:05 PM
    Did you not see my post saying I have the Jawbone 2 and I have no problems. Are you going to disagree with me and tell me I have a problem?

If you are having a problem with your Jawbone 2 and your Storm with OS .148 I hope your warranty hasn't expired on your Jawbone 2 because THAT is the problem, not the OS.
    05-31-09 01:08 PM
    Did you not see my post saying I have the Jawbone 2 and I have no problems. Are you going to disagree with me and tell me I have a problem?

If you are having a problem with your Jawbone 2 and your Storm with OS .148 I hope your warranty hasn't expired on your Jawbone 2 because THAT is the problem, not the OS.
    Ummmm... yea i read it, and it sounds like you you said u just turn the volume up and don't really notice if there is a problem!! Don't force a final answer on me about what I know and hear with my BT device because i am very particular in what i notice and percieve as something not right! Maybe it is my Jawbone2, or maybe it is not, but if it was my BT device then shouldn't all the other OS's be the same?
    05-31-09 01:17 PM
    Ummmm... yea i read it, and it sounds like you you said u just turn the volume up and don't really notice if there is a problem!! Don't force a final answer on me about what I know and hear with my BT device because i am very particular in what i notice and percieve as something not right! Maybe it is my Jawbone2, or maybe it is not, but if it was my BT device then shouldn't all the other OS's be the same?
    You don't get it. You don't build the OS for the device, you build the device for the OS.

And I said "if" there was a difference I probably would have just turned up the volume. I can't go back in time to say for certain there wasn't a volume difference but I sure don't notice it if it was.

I'm not trying to tell you it's imaginary, I believe you have an issue but I think you need to point your finger possibly at the Jawbone 2 YOU own. Mine works fine with .148 that's all I can say.
    05-31-09 01:24 PM
    You don't get it. You don't build the OS for the device, you build the device for the OS.

And I said "if" there was a difference I probably would have just turned up the volume. I can't go back in time to say for certain there wasn't a volume difference but I sure don't notice it if it was.

I'm not trying to tell you it's imaginary, I believe you have an issue but I think you need to point your finger possibly at the Jawbone 2 YOU own. Mine works fine with .148 that's all I can say.
    Well i'm glad your Jawbone2 is working fine, unfortunaltely mine isn't on 148 specifically. I also spoke to many individules that confirm a BT bug in both 141 and 148, specifically in the radio file, so if yours is fine then more power to you, but I'm confident it's not my Jawbone2 as all other OS's i have loaded are just fine!
    05-31-09 01:30 PM

Hookbill, as I agree with your logic, I have to say that it isn't only his BT, and its not just Jawbone. I have discussed this with Jlevy on more than one occasion in trying to help resolve the problem. He has tried this with Plantronics, Motorola, Sony, and several other BT headsets and still the same results. I agree that it affects all phones differently, as I have a Plantronics 510 that I use every once and a while, and I have none of these issues, but I have no doubt that there is a bug causing what is happening in there devices.
    Last edited by shanepark2; 05-31-09 at 03:15 PM.
    05-31-09 01:51 PM
    Well I was just trying to find if there really was something wrong with BT in .148 and since people who don't have any problems with their device aren't going to create posts that everything is working fine and people who do have a problem do I figured I'd ask to get a better idea. Clearly it's been pointed out that there are those of us with BT that don't have any problems what so ever on .148 so I wouldn't say there's a definite bug even though a few have an issue.

Have you tried your jawbone2 on another Storm running .148 or another jawbone2 on your .148 Storm to see?

It just seems strange that it works for some and not for others.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 02:42 PM
    Well I was just trying to find if there really was something wrong with BT in .148 and since people who don't have any problems with their device aren't going to create posts that everything is working fine and people who do have a problem do I figured I'd ask to get a better idea. Clearly it's been pointed out that there are those of us with BT that don't have any problems what so ever on .148 so I wouldn't say there's a definite bug even though a few have an issue.

Have you tried your jawbone2 on another Storm running .148 or another jawbone2 on your .148 Storm to see?

It just seems strange that it works for some and not for others.

No i haven't as i only have access to 1 Storm, but there might be a chance that it could be related to a 3rd party app i am using, so i'm gonna do a fresh install and enable the bluetooth without installing any apps first to see if that's the culprit.
    05-31-09 02:51 PM
    No i haven't as i only have access to 1 Storm, but there might be a chance that it could be related to a 3rd party app i am using, so i'm gonna do a fresh install and enable the bluetooth without installing any apps first to see if that's the culprit.
    You know, I was going to ask you that but it seemed like that would be the obvious thing to try on a clean install for troubleshooting purposes, not to reload/restore 3rd party apps or themes. You'd be surprised how much effect they can have on stuff seemingly unrelated. That being said, you still might have the problem as it might be hardware which is why I suggested trying with different hardware if possible. Hope it is a 3rd party app, since it would be the easiest to fix. Good Luck.

05-31-09 03:31 PM
    Let us know if you do find out it's a 3rd party app that caused the issue, and if so, what app it was.

05-31-09 06:08 PM
    Let us know if you do find out it's a 3rd party app that caused the issue, and if so, what app it was.

Sorry to report that after another fresh install with no apps loaded the same thing still occurred! Oh well it looks like it's 132 for me until either i get a new BT device or until a new leak comes out that resolves this issue for me, I just can't understand for the life of me why my Jawbone2 works fine with all the other OS's and not 148???
    05-31-09 07:00 PM
    Yeah. Bummer. That sucks. Too bad you don't know anyone else with a storm or jawbone2 that you can try. I'm sure a new leak will be out shortly which may be better for you. Just hang tight a little longer.

05-31-09 07:27 PM
    Yeah. Bummer. That sucks. Too bad you don't know anyone else with a storm or jawbone2 that you can try. I'm sure a new leak will be out shortly which may be better for you. Just hang tight a little longer.

Hey thanks so much for responding and offering your support. I am pretty sure at this point that there is a slight bug in the radio file with 148 that is causing me this problem as i spoke on this issue in other threads and it was confirmed by others of a BT bug in 141 and 148. Others may not notice it or maybe its device specific, but trust me it's there and it's torturing me not being able to use an official release OS!
    05-31-09 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD