1) Google Android OS or some form of it on Blackberry Storm 1, is it possible?
    2) How simple/difficult is it to do if so?

And I don't care if it might ruin my phone, I don't care if it voids warranty. Basically I got the phone with work a few months ago, the screen cracked and phone became almost unusable so it was replaced but it still essentially works so once the screen is fixed I might use it as an everyday phone again. I had high hopes for the Nokia N97 I got to replace it but it hasn't delivered, I hate it. I bought the Nokia to have a decent MP3 player and decent smartphone all rolled into one but now since all the apps have gone to ****, the operating system is **** and Nokia's PC Software is **** I'd happily to back to the gorgeous interface of the Storm and just having a small MP3 player.

If I can't get Google Android does anyone have any suggestions of operating systems improvements I could make?
    07-06-10 04:51 PM
    You can only run BlackBerry software that is for your device model, the carrier does not matter. OS's are device specific, not carrier. You will not be able to run the Android platform on your Storm...
    07-06-10 04:53 PM
    RIM's CEO has discussed this and I think it's an interesting idea but BB's are so bent on security for BES users they haven't opened the device up to this sort of thing.
    07-06-10 05:06 PM
    I just thought by now the great computer-hackers of the world would have done something to manipulate it. Ah well, if it can't be done it can't be done. What about changing the hardware to allow wifi? complex? possible?
    07-06-10 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD