I would think the percentage is a little higher...they mention there is pinch/zoom; would that be available only on a touchscreen?
    how could you pinch zoom if it wasnt touch screen?
    04-20-10 09:40 PM
    I just bought a 2010 Vette a couple of months back and GM just announced new features for the 2011. It is so very unfair to us 2010 owners that I am not buying another GM.

That is how you folks sound. Every day technology advances in everything in the world. If you cannot live with that fact then you should never purchase anything and just wait on the sidelines. But if you make the purchase then enjoy what you bought and stop complaining about what it is that you want!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I disagree with this opinion actually These are complaints due to quickly outdated hardware, not complaints about new hardware. Complaints about new hardware would be along the lines of wifi technology added to a new generation of phone. The complaint is not a matter of the benefits of the newly added hardware, it is about the disadvantages of current hardware.

One year (IF you bought it at release) goes by, and the $99-500 phone, which you bought, went quickly out of date in terms of OS support. Why exactly do these phones not recieve quality OS support? It is because the hardware, which RIM provides these blackberries with, becomes outdated as soon as the RAM requirements are raised.

Other companies make smartphones which can last several generations... For example, the first generation iPhone was with specifications matching the requirements of OS 3.0, which was released two years later. Verizon's Droid is going to be able to use its next OS. RIM however... Have there been any smartphones which made a leap from 4.x.x to 6.x.x?

RIM is not giving us quality phones - Storm 1 users paid a high price for a graphics card which can use OpenGL, but RIM provided the Storm 1 with a poor amount of RAM. Is it poor planning or is it just business? People are looking for companies that handle the concerns of the customer, rather than hide those concerns with propaganda of the new phone, leaving its only support option as "upgrade and pay $500 more."
    04-20-10 09:49 PM
    question?? So calender says its the 27th... our standard calendar says its the 31st and does not change at all... but the date on the phone says the 21st?!? so will this date change on the icon or will it remain on constant date?!? lol i know we may not have the answer but a little thing i was wondering
    04-20-10 10:47 PM
    Other companies make smartphones which can last several generations... For example, the first generation iPhone was with specifications matching the requirements of OS 3.0, which was released two years later. Verizon's Droid is going to be able to use its next OS. RIM however... Have there been any smartphones which made a leap from 4.x.x to 6.x.x?
    Right up until there, I followed you. Is the Eris getting Android 3.0? Probably not.

Is the iPhone 2G or 3G getting OS 4.0? No. Only the 3GS (newest device available) and up.

Name me one Android device that started on Android 1.x and will make the jump to 3.x, and I will find you BlackBerry that can make it from 4.x.x to 6.x.x.

This is how technology works.

RIM is not giving us quality phones - Storm 1 users paid a high price for a graphics card which can use OpenGL, but RIM provided the Storm 1 with a poor amount of RAM. Is it poor planning or is it just business? People are looking for companies that handle the concerns of the customer, rather than hide those concerns with propaganda of the new phone, leaving its only support option as "upgrade and pay $500 more."
    Now this is starting to make more sense, you're confused. Just to let you know, the Storm 1 did NOT support OpenGL ES. As an example, try loading PBA Bowling 2 or that new Tank game right now, and I bet it will not render correctly, if it even works at all. We all know the Storm owners were 'beta testing' a phone. The phone worked, it needed some kinks worked out. They released the Storm2. Goodbye Storm1.

Also, just to cover the "paid a high price for a graphics card that can support OpenGL." Um, no. Look at the Curve 8530. It supports OpenGL and costs like $399.99 (when it was brand new, could be lower now) out of contract, a little over half the price of the Storm at RELEASE. Explain how you figure an OpenGL graphics card is bloating the price of phones, when this supposed 'low-end' device has the exact same rendering solution?

And ok, to cut out the car analogy and put this into simpler terms for you, look at the iPod Nano. Nearly every year or two, a new model comes out. What happens to the old models? Phased out in favour of the features of the new. Even though the old ones could probably handle an OS update, there is very very rarely updates for it, and they just tack on a video camera, or a shake to shuffle, or an external speaker and push out a whole new device.

Therein lies defeat to your Apple argument, by the way. Also, I believe it was Steve Jobs who said "People will pay $600 to upgrade to the 3GS or newer, because that's all we're letting use OS 4.0."? Boy, sounds like RIM is really the only company pushing people to buy their new devices!

Regardless of your jaded views, this is how the world works now. You don't buy something, sit on it and ride out it's life. This is technology. The day you buy it, you're already looking at something better.
    Last edited by GlitchZero; 04-22-10 at 08:46 AM.
    04-21-10 12:01 AM
    eris and storm 1 both are EOL (end of life) devices. they will not be getting the latest and greatest OS. I do feel sorry for those in Canada that bought the storm 1 on a 3 year contract. all i can say is that will learn ya **** i bough an incredible off contract since i dont know if i will actually keep the device around that long and didnt want to get locked in for 2 years with another contract with VZW. Its cheaper to pay retail almost
    04-21-10 12:15 AM
    Right up until there, I followed you. Is the Eris getting Android 3.0? Probably not.

Is the iPhone 2G or 3G getting OS 4.0? No. Only the 3GS (newest device available) and up.

Name me one Android device that started on Android 1.x and will make the jump to 3.x, and I will find you BlackBerry that can make it from 4.x.x to 6.x.x.

This is how technology works.

Now this is starting to make more sense, you're confused. Just to let you know, the Storm 1 did NOT support OpenGL ES. As an example, try loading PBA Bowling 2 or that new Tank game right now, and I bet it will not render correctly, if it even works at all. We all know the Storm (And don't forget the Tour owners, god forbid we ever forget the hardships they've endured ) were beta testing a phone. The phone worked, it needed some kinks worked out. They released the Storm2. Goodbye Storm1.

Also, just to cover the "paid a high price for a graphics card that can support OpenGL." Um, no. Look at the Curve 8530. It supports OpenGL and costs like $399.99 (when it was brand new, could be lower now) out of contract, a little over half the price of the Storm at RELEASE. Explain how you figure an OpenGL graphics card (That wasn't even in the phone in question - the Storm, if you're following along) is bloating the price of phones, when this supposed 'low-end' device has the exact same rendering solution?

And ok, to cut out the car analogy and put this into simpler terms for you, look at the iPod Nano. Nearly every year or two, a new model comes out. What happens to the old models? Phased out in favour of the features of the new. Even though the old ones could probably handle an OS update, there is very very rarely updates for it, and they just tack on a video camera, or a shake to shuffle, or an external speaker and push out a whole new device.

Therein^^ lies defeat to your Apple argument, by the way. Also, I believe it was Steve Jobs who said "People will pay $600 to upgrade to the 3GS or newer, because that's all we're letting use OS 4.0?" Boy, sounds like RIM is really the only company pushing people to buy their new devices!

Regardless of your jaded view of the big bad corporate machine that is RIM, this is how the world works now. You don't buy something, sit on it and ride out it's life. This is technology. The day you buy it, you're already looking at something better.
    whats all this Steve Jobs, and android nonsense you speak of???
    04-21-10 12:26 AM
    This is probably just wishful thinking but i really hope the reboot time is a lot quicker on OS 6. Its getting really old having to wait 3-5 minutes to use my phone anytime i wanna change my battery or do a battery pull.
    04-21-10 01:03 AM
    it is, or atleast that is what the early reports said and that it was something they were really working on
    04-21-10 01:06 AM
    I just bought a 2010 Vette a couple of months back and GM just announced new features for the 2011. It is so very unfair to us 2010 owners that I am not buying another GM.

That is how you folks sound. Every day technology advances in everything in the world. If you cannot live with that fact then you should never purchase anything and just wait on the sidelines. But if you make the purchase then enjoy what you bought and stop complaining about what it is that you want!

Listen to top gear buy the new v12 audi r8 instead lol

Man I hope 6.0 comes out for the s2 at least I'm still on 320 607 seems like a bag of fail and 5** has like 3 bugs tho minor I find a little annoying I've got 517 loaded on my comp I believe anyway that's the one I mean. I hate that the storm doesn't have tabbed browsing and in embedded flash support grrrrr ppl embed videos on forums and I don't see squat.

04-21-10 01:24 AM
    This is probably just wishful thinking but i really hope the reboot time is a lot quicker on OS 6. Its getting really old having to wait 3-5 minutes to use my phone anytime i wanna change my battery or do a battery pull.
    That and minus 5% from your battery for every boot lol I miss the boot time on verizons standard brew phones n no lag on them but that's all I miss lol featureless phones stripped by Verizon ugh

04-21-10 01:28 AM
    This better leak soon. I've been seriously thinking about switching to an incredible. The htc phones keep looking better and better while we are still stuck on this crappy OS. All my friends with storms and storm2s have gone to android phones. I'm one out of about 8 people I'm close with still rocking a blackberry. 6.0 leak might hold me off until the storm3 otherwise I might be going android soon. I'm sure there are thousands more that feel the same
    i would hold off on switching to the android. many of the features that the blackberry storm has are just way better. I went to an droid eris....and just based on the fact that whole phone is like for google people. ANd though the apps are cool, im looking for functionality, and i rather have mishaps with my blackberry than have kept fooling around with htc andriod especially knowing they're coming out with so many so fast...whats stopping you from continually wanting the new phone thats out. Also my blackberry syncs all my email....and its not ridiculous in the sense that idk what the heck is up with mail...and i dont know how its so customizable...cause i can download a whole new look for my bb storm..with the eris it was complicated lol... i had it for a month..then went to the storm2.. i still have my original. not to mention those force closes were annoying lol.

all phones have their flaws...and their defects. whats the point in spending however much for a buggy phone...when you have a buggy phone LOL!

i love my storm2 =) love it cant wait for 6.0
    04-21-10 04:12 AM
    Who cares? Let the little Droids go buy their phones and suffer 'Incredible' losses to their wallets when they realize they made a mistake.
    04-21-10 04:38 AM
    Who cares? Let the little Droids go buy their phones and suffer 'Incredible' losses to their wallets when they realize they made a mistake.
    Totally agree just got my fingers crossed and lets see RIM do something great for there blackberry's
    04-21-10 05:52 AM
    Back on topic. I agree that technology changes. If I bought a NEW phone and 3 months later it gets phased out, fine, i'd get pissed. But a year later? Come on. I haven't purchased a phone on contract in 5 years, I change bbs every 6-8 months, I sign contracts to get free phones to give them to my friends or family members, never for myself. Regardless, I HOPE the 9520/50 gets the 6.0 update, that would ROCK. It probably will, less than a year after launch it should be able to, if it doesn't, that's fine. I'll wait til nov/dec to buy another phone and I'll get the next BB with os 6 I like big screens so either the Storm3 (please let it have a HUGE screen!) or the flip (if gsm, and a 3 inch screen at least) or the slider (if it has good specs). I don't mind.

Someone mentioned signing a contract for 3 years on a phone. DANG! I can't even stay 1 year on the same phone. :s. The storm4 will be out before you can get rid of your storm1 without breaking contract / upgrading. I would pay the difference to get a 1 year contract at most.

Regardless: Let's hope the os comes out for the storm2 That's it.
    04-21-10 06:10 AM
    For all those wondering if this will be on the S2 I would put my money on the answer yes. So far the S2 is still one of the most advanced BB on the market(specs wise) if not the most. Not to mention that even now, with each new build that we get we dont see a loss in memory or leaks galore. Instead we see a much more efficient use of the devices specs. The processor could probably be a little faster, but with the release of the new clamshell berry around the corner and the fact that it runs 6.0 out of the box says something. Its more than likely not going to be some virtual powerhouse of specs just like the pearl flip wasnt compared to other BB's. And like its been said, the S2 came with 5.0 out of the box and runs it very easily (unless you just have MAJOR issues with your device.) I still have 110 free device memory and I have all the apps that I need. I think we will see some amazing things with 6.0, but I also think that they will continue to do what they do best. And thats find a way to make the new OS kick serious @$$ while making it efficient enough to run smoothly and enjoyable on the newer devices. I dont think the storm 2 is out of the loop yet and as it was stated in the articles floating around, its already supported on touchscreen devices. With the release June/July and no new BB touchscreen devices ready for launch yet then, like I said at first, my money is on this being on S2. Sorry to the S1 owners out there, but the old hardware just doesnt have enough to push something this great. Granted only time will tell, but it is fun to speculate.
    04-21-10 06:39 AM
    The Storm2 IS getting 6.0.

Proof? Why, certainly!

WJD Designs Shows us a 9550 running 6.0
    Last edited by GlitchZero; 04-21-10 at 08:52 AM.
    04-21-10 07:07 AM
    And bam...there it is. lol, guess my money was right. Thanks for the post. This is going to be interesting to watch all this play out leading up to the launch.
    04-21-10 07:12 AM

Proof? Why, certainly!

I feel like something that people failed to realize is that although the S2 is 6 months old and in technology time is considered out of date, there are many features of the S2 the 5.0 doesn't even use and therefore it getting 6.0 only makes sense...

Also if I could run 5.0 on my 8330(which I did for 3 months before I got my S2) I am pretty sure the S2 can run 6.0, now I am not saying it was optimized for it but it will be compatible
    04-21-10 07:34 AM
    I completely agree, Donny. I actually don't even think the S2 is out-of-date yet, but it's approaching that point. I doubt the Storm2 will have any issues running 6.0 like an 8330 struggles to run 5.0. I don't think that will happen with the S2.
    04-21-10 07:46 AM
    I completely agree, Donny. I actually don't even think the S2 is out-of-date yet, but it's approaching that point. I doubt the Storm2 will have any issues running 6.0 like an 8330 struggles to run 5.0. I don't think that will happen with the S2.
    I also agree, I don't think 6.0 will run badly on the S2 at all.

People don't see OS 6.0 on the S2 from the initial screenshots and this whole thread goes up in arms, well yes RIM is working on new devices and those will have 6.0 most likely so it makes the most sense for the first live pictures of 6.0 to show a new device and not the S2.

But the point I am trying to make here is everyone who has commented on this thread is voicing their opinion of what will happen with our S2s. Bashing RIM for bad this and that, and always bringing up Apple or Android and how they do it better...

If you like your S2 stand by it and be good to it, or else if you trash talk it... it won't do what you want it to do when you most need it to!

Lets just wait and see what happens here, i am personally happy with my S2 at the moment and if things can get better I will be happy to accept the change. But right now I am content with what it has to offer me.
    04-21-10 08:13 AM

Proof? Why, certainly!

Nothing there now...
    04-21-10 08:23 AM
    04-21-10 08:27 AM
    My link is fixed now. Try again.

Ah, Ninja'd! Well, UrbanGlow's link and my pic are the same picture.
    Last edited by GlitchZero; 04-21-10 at 08:55 AM.
    04-21-10 08:53 AM
    Oh man I'm getting that feeling again!! Yes!

04-21-10 09:06 AM
    I WANTZ IT NOW!!!!

I NEEDZ IT MY PRECIOUS...

Last edited by Valace2; 04-21-10 at 10:24 AM.
    04-21-10 10:08 AM
93 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD