I understand the storm is priced ~200 to 220$ at the two year contract price. I heard a couple people on here say that the NE2 discount will give them an ADDITIONAL 100$ off, so I searched the forum for a definitive answer and didn't find one, and I called VZW sales and asked. They said that the 100$ discount could NOT be combined with the two year discount. I don't trust VZW sales reps over the crackberry users, so does anyone have a definitive answer for me? Will I be able to merge my two year contract price of around 200$ with my NE2 discount of 100$ to get the storm for around 100-120$?
    Thank You
    11-12-08 12:49 PM
    I talked with a verizon rep yesterday about this, she said the NE2 is additional off...also some peoples NE2 varies. i think its all determined on your monthly bill.
    11-12-08 01:38 PM
    Absolutely. I have done it many times. You get the 2 yr contract price because you always do when you start a new (or renew one that is ending) contract. You get the NE2 because you are a loyal VZW customer.
    11-12-08 01:38 PM
    my monthly bill is $100+ and I am eligible for my NE2, but somehow I am still bound in a two year contract until February. Will I still be able to combine them if I sign up for a new two year contract? Where should I go to get my phone, since verizon's own sales staff is ignorant of this.
    11-12-08 04:20 PM
    my monthly bill is $100+ and I am eligible for my NE2, but somehow I am still bound in a two year contract until February. Will I still be able to combine them if I sign up for a new two year contract? Where should I go to get my phone, since verizon's own sales staff is ignorant of this.
    I've had Verizon for 8 years and this the first time they have let me upgrade on a annual basis only on my line of course. Call 800-254-9751 and see what your situation is, they told me my discount would count towards the purchase as a new customer as always, but my wife's and daugther's line are not until Feb of 09. I had re-signed with them in July of 07, but now give me an early five month time to upgrade their phones and mines every year. So I would and found out exactly what your situation is with them.
    11-12-08 04:31 PM
    Only the primary line is eligible for the NE2 and for plans $79.99+ is $100. NE2 is 20 months into your 2 year contract so if your 2 year is up Feb 2009 then your NE2 should be available Nov 08 which is 20 months into your contract.

Yes, you can use the NE2 on top of the 2-year price. I've done that before. Don't listen to anyone who says you cannot, they obviously don't know what they're talking about.

It doesn't matter where you get it. If one person at a VZW store is ignorant, make them ask someone else or talk to a manager or something. This NE2 is really simple and if a store rep doesn't understand I'm sure someone above him will. Or you can just call telesales and order the phone through them. Most of them understand what the NE2 is and how it can be used.
    Last edited by ushneb; 11-12-08 at 05:27 PM.
    11-12-08 04:59 PM
    They said that the 100$ discount could NOT be combined with the two year discount.
    I am confused here.. From what I understand the $100 discount you are referring to IS the two year discount (New Every Two).

If the phone comes out at $219 after rebate, which I hear alot now.. you will be able to chop $100 off that price if you are up for your NE2 discount, making the phone $119.

It should be that simple.
    11-12-08 05:24 PM
    I am confused here.. From what I understand the $100 discount you are referring to IS the two year discount (New Every Two).

If the phone comes out at $219 after rebate, which I hear alot now.. you will be able to chop $100 off that price if you are up for your NE2 discount, making the phone $119.

It should be that simple.
    You would be correct, while my line is always eligible for the discount of $100 for every two, my other 2 lines get a new phone at the new customer rate. I get offered annual upgrades of $50 as of last year. But am going for this early upgrade for the Storm. I've never been hyped for a phone, let alone a BB.
    11-12-08 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD