Hi all,

I apologize if this was previously covered but I may have found a solution to the screen lock-ups.

During this occurrence my screen locked up on .99 but I was still able to hold down the red hard button to soft reset the device however after the device turned back on it was still locked up. Realizing that the hard keys worked I tried going into the Help Me! screen by holding the back button and pressing on the top left and top right of the screen. This miraculously unfroze my screen.

This might have been a freak incident so please confirm if it works for you guys.
    02-03-09 08:17 AM
    Just to specify I usually get lock-up taking my Storm in and out of the holster.
    02-03-09 08:24 AM
    I get a lockup using my voice dialing consistantly and I have to do the same thing to reset. I am on .75 too! It has happened on my orginal phone and this replacement!
    02-03-09 08:28 AM
    Next time it happens try accessing the Help Me! screen to see if it fixes it
    02-03-09 08:32 AM
    I have been using right to left or left to right thumb sweep on all 4 hard buttons starting with red or green phone buttons in a one quick sweep motion. it brings me out of frozen screen some how. i am using .99 on 9530 Telus.
    02-03-09 09:37 AM
    I have been using right to left or left to right thumb sweep on all 4 hard buttons starting with red or green phone buttons in a one quick sweep motion. it brings me out of frozen screen some how. i am using .99 on 9530 Telus.
    Please explain. All 4 buttons at once with a thumb sweep?

I just had a lock-up in landscape and the my Help Me! fix didnt work so my theory is debunked.
    02-03-09 10:01 AM
    I am not able to get the help me screen up. My storm is not locked up, I just wanted to try it. I held down the back key and pressed the top corners but I am not able to get this to show anything.
    02-03-09 10:47 AM
    I am not able to get the help me screen up. My storm is not locked up, I just wanted to try it. I held down the back key and pressed the top corners but I am not able to get this to show anything.
    Use this sequence of presses. While holding the hard key back button and in portrait mode press the top left, then top right, then the top left, then the top right. This should bring up the Help Me! screen.
    02-03-09 11:00 AM
    dont click, just touch. portrait view, left right left right...while holding back hard key
    02-03-09 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD