I Have An Imac And I Would Like To Load Software For My New Storm, But The Macbox Software From Blackberry.com Doesn't Recognize The Storm.
    Any Suggestions For Managing My Contacts And Calendar On My Mac?
    Plug N Play Did'nt Work Either
    11-24-08 11:08 AM
    I Have An Imac And I Would Like To Load Software For My New Storm, But The Macbox Software From Blackberry.com Doesn't Recognize The Storm.
    I think you are referring to pocketsync & now is does NOT work for the Storm yet. Unfortunately they only way currently is to install VmWare (GREAT program by the way) & use XP or Vista & Outlook(I think Outlook Express works too) to manage your contacts. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you & I am at a loss to explain why pocketmac developers did NOT issue an update for the HIGHLY anticipated storm.
    11-24-08 11:11 AM
    Missing Sync costs $40 bucks and works just fine. It sucks to have to pay $40 but at least my contacts are backed up on my MAC (macbook) and Mobile Me. It seems like my Pocketmac has begun to work (Sat afternoon) but I don't use it since I paid for Missing Sync already.

and yes I have a Storm
    11-24-08 11:24 AM
    and no I'm not happy about dropping the $40 but the thought of losing all of my contacts is not one that I'm ok with.
    11-24-08 11:25 AM
    PocketMac works, just not well.....there are some quirks with contacts overlapping, dates being doubled, nothing too major, but get annoying.......but it works albeit not too well
    11-26-08 10:22 AM
    Apparently in January they RIM is releasing an DM equivalent for Mac OSX. If you can make it by with PocketMac in it's very sad state now for a month you can save yourself the 40 bucks.
    11-26-08 10:24 AM
    I just heard that today an update was released for PocketMac that fixes their current issues.
    11-26-08 10:33 AM
    The fix for PocketMac is out and works just fine. DAMMIT, if I had only waited a couple days, I could have saved $40

SH*T
    11-26-08 11:18 AM
    I suggest you search the forum before posting another question. This has been covered numerous times. Also a google search brings you to these forums also.
    11-26-08 11:25 AM
    Check that, Pocketmac still doesn't work all that well but it's the only thing that can sync STICKIES with BB's MemoPad. Guess the $40 wasn't a complete waste
    11-26-08 11:28 AM
    I think you are referring to pocketsync & now is does NOT work for the Storm yet. Unfortunately they only way currently is to install VmWare (GREAT program by the way) & use XP or Vista & Outlook(I think Outlook Express works too) to manage your contacts. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you & I am at a loss to explain why pocketmac developers did NOT issue an update for the HIGHLY anticipated storm.
    I have a Mac also. I actually set up a gmail account and transferred over my contacts and calendar and it worked like a charm. I also sync with a computer at work and I have ALL contacts now on my Storm. I love that.

As for email. I have my gmail account set up and my work email account set up as 2 different mailboxes.

The biggest issue I have is that when I delete an email off the Storm it does not delete from my work email (it does with my gmail account though).

Give it a try, you may like that setup.
    11-26-08 11:36 AM
    Pocketmac works fine. Must be user error in your case, ShowtimeRR.

Like someone else said, there as an update to the drivers released within the last 24 hours, and Pocketmac is working fine. Able to sync contacts, email, calendar, etc. with no problems.
    11-26-08 11:38 AM
    I have a Mac also. I actually set up a gmail account and transferred over my contacts and calendar and it worked like a charm. I also sync with a computer at work and I have ALL contacts now on my Storm. I love that.

As for email. I have my gmail account set up and my work email account set up as 2 different mailboxes.

The biggest issue I have is that when I delete an email off the Storm it does not delete from my work email (it does with my gmail account though).

Give it a try, you may like that setup.
    I was able to transfer my vcard from the Address Book to Google contacts. How did you transfer the iCal info on to google though?
    11-26-08 11:39 AM
    I was able to transfer my vcard from the Address Book to Google contacts. How did you transfer the iCal info on to google though?
    A to G may work. Not sure.
    Let me google that for you
    11-26-08 11:46 AM
    A to G may work. Not sure.
    Let me google that for you
    wow that link was creepy lol
    11-26-08 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD