I've been watching many reviews and all of them say that the Storm does not have that smooth scrolling that the I-phone has. For example, on the I-phone, with one simple flick, you can scroll through pages and pages of information.

My question is, is it possible to have a software update where it can implement this in the storm, or is this solely a hardware feature?

Thanks
    11-19-08 11:55 PM
    this is most likely a software issues. Most sites are reporting that the software is pretty solid for the most part. Hopefully they can fix the storm issues via software update.
    11-19-08 11:57 PM
    I think its definitely a software issue, capacitive touchscreens are not really new tech so RIM should have been well aware of how much processor they needed to run the device. Software updates can and will make the entire UI smoother. They could have used their largest processor which I think lives in the Bold if they needed more horsepower. They are probably working around the clock on more efficient code....
    11-20-08 12:02 AM
    Hopefully they do that update
    11-20-08 08:19 AM
    This is kind of a bummer. It was an editors note on the review from PC mag...

A representative from RIM told us that a free, over-the-air software update will arrive "within weeks" to address several issues we had with the Storm.

So we will be dealing with the bugs for at least a couple weeks.
    11-20-08 08:25 AM
    This is kind of a bummer. It was an editors note on the review from PC mag...

A representative from RIM told us that a free, over-the-air software update will arrive "within weeks" to address several issues we had with the Storm.

So we will be dealing with the bugs for at least a couple weeks.
    Probably months, no?!?! To me, better than delays, though... I can't take my POS EnV any more after all these reviews!
    11-20-08 08:30 AM
    This has to be a software issue because I can flick through my emails in gmail. It scrolls similar to the iphone. Hopefully there will be an option for the rest of the phone to be able to Flick.
    11-24-08 10:24 AM
    It is clearly a software issue. How do I know this? There are parts of the phone that are extremely fluid in the motion. For example, when opening up a .xlsx spreadsheet in Documents To Go I can flick through the powerpoints and it is fast and smooth! Same with Gmail.
    11-24-08 11:17 AM
    software for sure. Not sure if they will make it a 'flick' like the iphone though. This is more of a drag-to-scroll way
    11-24-08 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD