What's funny is when the update does arrive, people are gonna complain again! OMG Verizon/RIM release the update too soon! haha
    11-27-08 01:55 PM
    I am still sticking to the Dec. 8th word
    11-27-08 02:18 PM
    OMG thank you so much for the menu button twice.

thats sweet does any one know if there is a quicker way to reply to an email or sms with out opening it?
    Same here, thanks for the tip... I learn something new everyday...
    11-27-08 02:40 PM
    yuup december 8th is still on . But if it does come sooner , all the better.
    11-27-08 02:43 PM
    I had an update about 20mins ago, 4.7. Couldn't possibly say what it did or didn't do though, lol!
    11-27-08 02:49 PM
    go to your about, in options and tell us what the platform number and release numbers you have.
    11-27-08 02:51 PM
    I had some updates about an hour ago. Not sure what is was all about, but here's my version/Platform:

v4.7.0.65 (Platform 4.0.0.82)

EDIT: It appears this isn't updated - should have googled first.
    11-27-08 03:09 PM
    Is the software update really going to be anything to get excited about? It seems it will just clear some basic bugs that probably don't affect most of us on a daily basis anyway.

For instance, the volume kicks to highest gear when using headphones and a call comes in (or whatever that bug is) doesn't affect my daily use.

To any people that know anything about this, is there something to actually look forward to with an OS update?

Just curious.
    11-27-08 03:18 PM
    Is the software update really going to be anything to get excited about? It seems it will just clear some basic bugs that probably don't affect most of us on a daily basis anyway.

For instance, the volume kicks to highest gear when using headphones and a call comes in (or whatever that bug is) doesn't affect my daily use.

To any people that know anything about this, is there something to actually look forward to with an OS update?

Just curious.
    Disclaimer: This is speculation and rumor.
    It is reported that the other issues (lag, etc) have already been addressed in the upcoming maintenance release(s) and that the list of fixes that can be seen on BGR and in some of the threads on this forum are just new issues that have been reported since the Storm launched. (Not sure if I explained that in a way that makes sense, but essentially, most of us are optimistic that there will be many other fixes besides the ones mentioned)
    11-27-08 03:47 PM
    OMG thank you so much for the menu button twice.

thats sweet does any one know if there is a quicker way to reply to an email or sms with out opening it?
    Don't know if anyone answered you yet. When you get a new message, Menu button twice to open, menu button twice to reply, menu button twice to send. Make everything A LOT easier.
    11-27-08 04:08 PM
    I had some updates about an hour ago. Not sure what is was all about, but here's my version/Platform:

v4.7.0.65 (Platform 4.0.0.82)

EDIT: It appears this isn't updated - should have googled first.
    That is the same version/platform on mine, as well.
    11-27-08 09:53 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD