I have a problem with both SoftReset and QuickPull. SoftReset displays the screen to reset, I press the button and the system never brings up the final reboot options. I leave it sit for 2 minutes with no response. I can cancel out of SoftReset and do other things.

I tried QuickPull and it just says an error occurred after I select to reboot.

I've reloaded back .103 after a wipe and loaded some basic software (AP news, WSJ news, etc) and the softreset works. I took a backup at that time so I wouldn't have to reload. Now, I am running a Plazmic theme from the beta release.

Is anyone else having problems with Softreset after installing a theme? The other programs I am running is Stormlock, Beyond411, GMail, Slacker, VyMail and Youtube. Thanks
    02-15-09 09:05 PM
    I could never get QuickPull or SoftReset to work on my Storm. That was with all of the O/S's I have installed (official and beta). I would always get an exception error.
    02-15-09 09:57 PM
    I could never get QuickPull or SoftReset to work on my Storm. That was with all of the O/S's I have installed (official and beta). I would always get an exception error.
    I had same issue before. I had to delete a specific file that softrest had created and the it started to work. I just can't remember what that file was
    02-15-09 10:00 PM
    I'm currently running QuickPull 1.2.0 on my storm with OS .103 without any problems. But I have run every version of QuickPull (even the betas) with every OS that was made available to us without a problem. I would check your permissions for the app. The only change to the permissions that you would have to makes is to Allow Input Simulation. The file that the previous post is probably talking about is bootload. This is a module that is created by Soft Reset to do the reset and then deleted after the reset completes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ArmaK; 02-15-09 at 10:28 PM.
    02-15-09 10:22 PM
    ive been using soft reset on mine. it doesnt match up on the screen at all, but i can click the options i need to reset it. i tried quickpull first and it didnt work.
    02-15-09 10:40 PM
    I have gone down the road with permissions. I have granted QuickPull "allow" for everything when I had it installed. I believe that it works for you. I have read many posts of people who have it working. I have not tried it since I have loaded the leaked *.103 beta. I also looked at all of the modules and do not see anything in there that associated with QuickPull so I am thinking that I am good from that front.
    02-15-09 10:41 PM
    I have used Soft reset since I first got the Storm. It has worked with every OS I've installed. Not sure where your issue is coming from.
    02-15-09 11:10 PM
    i have tried both softrest and quickpull and get the following:

"the device is required to reset to complete module installation or removal. device inoperable for voice, data and 911 while rebooting. notice 1 of 5" and gives me "reboot now" or "reboot later" options

any suggestions??
    02-21-09 02:05 PM
    i have tried both softrest and quickpull and get the following:

"the device is required to reset to complete module installation or removal. device inoperable for voice, data and 911 while rebooting. notice 1 of 5" and gives me "reboot now" or "reboot later" options

any suggestions??
    I had this too and could not get it to work. To make matters worse, I uninstalled quickpull and it F#$%ed up my Storm. NONE of my themes show up in the theme menu, however they are in the app folder.

Ill never try quickpull again. I know others have used it without incident, but this was the 3rd time Ive tried to install it and it has never worked for me.
    02-21-09 03:23 PM
    After running soft reset, you get the message regarding the device is required to reset, this is what Soft Reset does. It calls this process in order to give you the option to reboot your phone without having to pull your battery. Just run SoftReset and click reboot now when you have the option.
    02-21-09 03:31 PM
    After running soft reset, you get the message regarding the device is required to reset, this is what Soft Reset does. It calls this process in order to give you the option to reboot your phone without having to pull your battery. Just run SoftReset and click reboot now when you have the option.
    Other people that use it do not get the "notice 1 of 5" message though.
    02-21-09 03:42 PM
    Not sure then, I have received that message since I installed it, and seems to work fine. Wasn't aware that others weren't getting the message, the first time I used it I searched the threads to confirm that I should be getting the message, maybe it has something to do with permissions.

02-21-09 03:55 PM
    Big daddy..... I've tried to install it a couple times too and I always get the same thing. My themes and everything seems fine.... Only thing is since I dl'd it and deleted it some of my useless applications like my snapple cap no longer have sound. Idk... I guess ill stick to battery pull.

02-21-09 04:39 PM
    Sorry to hear it. I am back on .75 and have not had any issues with soft reset. Hope u can figure it out.

02-21-09 05:33 PM
    Tried soft reset again and as long as I click on reboot now it works... I guess that's better than nothing....

02-21-09 06:01 PM
    You will always get the notification of the installation of the module. It will always say notice # of 5, where # is equal to the number of modules that quickpull or softreset installed. If you always choose restart now, it will display notice 1 of 5 next time. But if you choose restart later and run the app again it will increment to 2 of 5, 3 of 5, etc. The reason for this is the app is doing a mach install of an app through a module to create the reboot effect. Once the device restarts, it will delete the module. If you think that there is a problem with the app and your themes, you can email Zaventh at contact@steelthorn.com.

02-21-09 06:41 PM
    Thanks armak. I only questioned it because quick pull does the same thing and it doesn't seem to do that for other people.

02-21-09 06:49 PM
    Here was my problem. I had Capture It installed, 4 themes, and tried to install quickpull.

When I found QP not working properly (for the 3rd time Ive tried it), I uninstalled. Once the Storm rebooted I got some error message about Capture It, and my Storm was back to the default theme.

I went to my themes and there was nothing there expect Precision Zen. However in the apps menu all the other themes were there.

Battery pull and same issue. Even got another error message pertaining to Capture It.

Uninstalled Capture It. Rebooted. No themes available but all themes showing in apps menu.

In the end I did a wipe and re-install of OS.

Ive tried to install QP with .65, .75, and .103. No luck with any. I wont be trying it again.
    02-21-09 09:05 PM
    Has anyone found a solution to the "The device is required.. blah blah blah" screen? It's not really a big deal but it messes with the scheduled pulls, which I'd like to use.

I've gotten the warning on .75, .103, and now .109 so scheduling has never worked for me.
    03-01-09 07:23 AM
    I use soft reset all the time. Whenever I switch themes I use it so the theme works right.

03-01-09 07:28 AM
    i use it all the time. But it can be hard to hit the buttons. I kinda have to slide my finger up slightly to hit the first one, like an inch past the button i want to hit. Then the second "Reboot Now" button takes me a minute to hit. If i put my finger right on it nothing happens. I have to do like the first button and slowly slide my finger up til i highlight the Reboot Now and then press it. Problem is i have about a 3mm space between where my finger is "on" the button and where it isn't. Takes some tries.
    03-01-09 08:56 AM
    i use it all the time. But it can be hard to hit the buttons. I kinda have to slide my finger up slightly to hit the first one, like an inch past the button i want to hit. Then the second "Reboot Now" button takes me a minute to hit. If i put my finger right on it nothing happens. I have to do like the first button and slowly slide my finger up til i highlight the Reboot Now and then press it. Problem is i have about a 3mm space between where my finger is "on" the button and where it isn't. Takes some tries.
    Make sure that you have compatibility mode disabled.

03-01-09 09:57 AM
    Yup, I get exceptions with both apps with every OS I've tried.
    03-01-09 10:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD