Hello, if you read my previous post, u know that my 5 year old sister spilled bubble soap on and in my Storm. My Storm has been resting in a bag full of rice since yesterday afternoon and so far the amount of soap that left the phone is minimal. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to get rid of the soap in the phone because I don't think the rice is absorbing it. If you guys have any suggestions, please post it on here. Thank you and I appreciate your effort in advance.
    03-03-09 06:34 PM
    As far as I know, rice won't soak up soap, just the water that was in the soap/water solution.
    03-03-09 07:11 PM
    Didn't someone post something about denatured alcohol in your last post?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 07:47 PM
    Roger that, I posted in the other thread about rinsing with denatured alcohol. do a search of Crackberry for denatured alcohol and you will see some posts referencing that.

I don't think there is anything else you can do. The alcohol will not damage the electronic components. Be sure the phone has the battery pulled and let it dry out completely.
    03-03-09 08:06 PM
    I'm not to sure if denatured alcohol will actually work on soap . This is a do at your own risk deal. Remove the battery , Sim & Memory card . Gently wash the soap out with distilled water . If you have compressed air gently blow out as much of the water as you can . Then do the rice thing leave it in there for a few days.

I work for a company that makes Radios for the military and every once and a while one gets water in them during leak testing . We totally disassemble the radio & bake the boards at about 212 degrees for 6 hours . Put them back together and they work fine.

New tech like our phones use no clean flux with the solder . Older tech maybe 6 years ago water or water mixed with alcohol was used to clean printed circuit boards
    03-03-09 09:08 PM
    Electric motor cleaner is your friend. Use it VERY sparingly so as to not soak your phone.
    03-03-09 09:48 PM
    I have always heard the rumor that putting it in the freezer overnight may help?
    03-03-09 11:07 PM
    I have always heard the rumor that putting it in the freezer overnight may help?
    LOL then throw it in the microwave to defrost it....
    03-04-09 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD