I am one of the .75 holdouts, my phone haveing no issues except the laggy software, and I anxiously await the official OS upgrade. This has been my favorite phone yet and by far the most useful.

I do fear reprecussions from my boss at work though. ...and the gf's ultimatums? Well...

...I will sure miss her.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 08:39 AM
    I am one of the .75 holdouts, my phone haveing no issues except the laggy software, and I anxiously await the official OS upgrade. This has been my favorite phone yet and by far the most useful.

I do fear reprecussions from my boss at work though. ...and the gf's ultimatums? Well...

...I will sure miss her.

Yeah, Sometimes you have to make tough decisions. Give her my best before she leaves.

I am with you on the hold out. No real problems so why fix what ain't broke
    03-12-09 08:45 AM
    Wow. Really? I thought them things were extinct outside the VZW store. I'm runnin .114 without problems. I tried to play with a .75 device, but it was sadly unplayable.

Nah, it was stupid slow though.

Do yourself a favor. Upgade. If you love it now, you'll marry it on .109+. And you'll make sweet sweet love to it nightly.
    03-12-09 09:12 AM
    Call me crazy, but I'm holding out too. I love my Storm, even with its quirks. I find new things everyday and am wondering how I got along without it before.
    03-12-09 09:25 AM
    Still loving my storm can't wait to try it with .114 this weekend
    03-12-09 09:28 AM
    Call me crazy, but I'm holding out too. I love my Storm, even with its quirks. I find new things everyday and am wondering how I got along without it before.
    What are the advantages of holding out? Are you saving yourself for marriage?

(Peer Pressure Segment)

Come on, just try it, you'll like it! What harm can it do? All of the "Cool" kids are doing it!!
    03-12-09 09:30 AM
    Absolutely love it...even been beating it with themes and os upgrades and downgrades..takes everything I throw at it..
    03-12-09 09:31 AM
    Running .109 with the Leopard theme and having no issues. I love this phone. It is better then anything that I have had in the past. It is nice to have an all in one device in your pocket. when I need a phone it is there. Email no problem. Want to listen to music OK. Anyways I am happy.
    03-12-09 11:21 AM

(Peer Pressure Segment)

Come on, just try it, you'll like it! What harm can it do? All of the "Cool" kids are doing it!!
    PURE COWARDACE. Not sure how to upgrade. Read the sticky but its not clear to me. May have to have extra help. Would love to install .109

03-12-09 12:40 PM
    I'm scared of mine doing something weird if I use the unofficial upgrade. I have the worst luck in the world and besides mine is working just fine with .75

03-12-09 12:48 PM
    I'm on .109 and other than the mms issue which I can easily live with, it's great. I dropped it last night on a sand covered parking lot and almost cried. A few scratches and a new screen protector and it's running like a champ.
    03-12-09 12:58 PM
    I completely love my phone. I have had no real problems with any of OS I have ran. Only small exception was a lot of lag on .103 Just finished the 113/114 hybrid and so far so good. This phone just keeps getting better for me everyday.
    03-12-09 12:58 PM
    This phone makes me feel funny in ways only girls in junior high did.

Coming from a Moto Q (what a piece of cellular crap), I couldn't be any happier. I don't get too uptight about things, so I can wait for them to get the OS right.

This is my first BlackBerry, but I'm hooked. Just kicking my own berries for taking so long.
    03-12-09 01:40 PM
    Rawk on stormers!

Maybe I will try to upgrade tonite. .109 sounds like my best bet. Don't care about my apps, they're all free anyway. I don't even know how to hook this thing up to my pc... A usb cable?

03-12-09 02:07 PM
    Rawk on stormers!

Maybe I will try to upgrade tonite. .109 sounds like my best bet. Don't care about my apps, they're all free anyway. I don't even know how to hook this thing up to my pc... A usb cable?

It talks to your computer via Dixie cups and string.

(Use the supplied USB cable.)
    03-12-09 02:14 PM

(Peer Pressure Segment)

LOLOL!! Marraige???? NEVER AGAIN!!

Mostly holding out because I'm afraid of bricking this thing!! I've only had it a couple of weeks. Also, I have "technical issues" here at home: cd/dvd drive on laptop is dead, and no internet connection on the desktop.
    03-12-09 02:18 PM
    The Storm is amazing i dont think i will ever have any phone but a blackberry for now on. Once you know how to use them there easyer then regular phones.
    03-12-09 02:22 PM
    It talks to your computer via Dixie cups and string.

(Use the supplied USB cable.)
    Ok... So step 1 on the sticky says dl the desired OS. To what? The pc? What directory?

03-12-09 03:39 PM
    I always love my Storm, except when it pi$$es me off!
    03-12-09 05:47 PM
    I've had a blast with my Storm so far.

I did the .114 upgrade and it was awful. Nothing worked right and it crashed 5 times in the first 30 minutes I had it installed. After that the keyboard was messed up and nothing would load right. I had to uninstall and reinstall almost all the software a couple times, and Desktop Manager wasn't able to restore any info such as my contact list. Eventually, I was forced to just roll back to .109.
    03-12-09 09:21 PM
    .114 + .109 keyboard fix = Storm happiness.
    03-12-09 09:24 PM
    I Love my Storm everyday *wink*
    03-12-09 10:33 PM
    I'm digging it. Actually its the best phone I've ever owned (have owned cp's since the late 80's). First phone that I havent had to use the highest volume setting. Call and speakerphone quality is excellent. Everything else is working fine. I also finally get the "BlackBerry" thing.

Running .109
    03-13-09 06:26 PM
    I'm holding out as well. I had a PDA before my Storm... but now I think how did i go so long without a BB! Lovin' it more every day.
    03-13-09 09:58 PM
    Ok, so the other night I am driving home 100 miles an hour late...I unbutton my collar, frazzle my hair, rub lipstick on my neck and spray myself down with perfume. I walk in the house to find my gf sitting in a chair by the door with a book, glaring at me sternly.

�ok,� I begin, hanging my head low. �I may as well fess up. I have been seeing another woman!� I nervously said.

�stop with the LIES!� she spits back at me. �you were out playing with your bb storm behind my back again!� and with that threw the book down crying in sobs, ran into the bedroom and slammed the door.

Crap guys, I have been busted.

03-14-09 08:31 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD