View Poll Results: Where do you stand with the Verizon and the Storm now?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm done with Verizon/Storm... I bailed for another carrier/phone.

10 16.39%
  • I'm divorcing Verizon/Storm once my contract is up.

5 8.20%
  • I'm not happy, but I have faith (in Storm 2)!

2 3.28%
  • It's not all that bad, we've got leaks!

10 16.39%
  • I'm happy with my Storm... long live Verizon!

34 55.74%
    Okay so thanks to Scorpiodsm, I figured out this poll thing.

Given all of the mixed feelings on the Storm I think it would be interesting to create a poll specifically targeting Verizon and the Storm. I actually bailed on mine just last week. Couldn't take empty promises by my local Verizon rep any longer!

So let's see how folks stand with their Storms 6 months after the release?
    05-20-09 12:39 PM
    Married for 4 months and still on the honeymoon!
    05-20-09 12:46 PM
    I love mine. And just a thought, if someone bailed on the storm, they prolly aren't hanging out in the storm forum anymore. Your poll is sure to be full of Storm keepers. That said, had my storm for two months and love it. I am on .181 now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 12:52 PM
    I actually love mine. had it for about a month now. i tried out os .141 and switched back to 75. was having probs. other than that, ill just wait for vzw official release. Im not complaining
    05-20-09 12:56 PM
    like my phone too!
    05-20-09 12:57 PM
    I love mine. And just a thought, if someone bailed on the storm, they prolly aren't hanging out in the storm forum anymore. Your poll is sure to be full of Storm keepers. That said, had my storm for two months and love it. I am on .181 now.

haha. The thing is, some of them DO still lurk the Storm forums . haha. There's this guy who's name is "Stormsucks75" who talks about how happy he is that he got rid of his Storm, yet he's in the Storm forums EVERYDAY waiting for the chance to say "see, im so happy I got rid of the Storm. The phone sucks. Trade it in for the Curve."

I'm like, duuuuude, if you love the Curve so much, go to the Curve forums. lol. Why the heck are you hangin out here everyday? Apparently you miss the Storm. I've run across him doing that atleast 10 times, and called him out on it about 5 times. lol.

Dont be surprised if he shows up...
    05-20-09 12:57 PM
    I love it.

.132 for now, looking [i] closely [i] at .148.

05-20-09 12:58 PM
    haha. The thing is, some of them DO still lurk the Storm forums . haha. There's this guy who's name is "Stormsucks75" who talks about how happy he is that he got rid of his Storm, yet he's in the Storm forums EVERYDAY waiting for the chance to say "see, im so happy I got rid of the Storm. The phone sucks. Trade it in for the Curve."

I'm like, duuuuude, if you love the Curve so much, go to the Curve forums. lol. Why the heck are you hangin out here everyday? Apparently you miss the Storm. I've run across him doing that atleast 10 times, and called him out on it about 5 times. lol.

Dont be surprised if he shows up...
    ....And it is quite possible he doesn't own either one.

Delivering paper on morning routes from a bicycle doesn't pay that much.

05-20-09 01:00 PM
    I just voted, I'm out the door now to heave this paper weight at the VZ store. I think there should be a class action law suit against Verizon. They knew there were major issues with this thing, yet continued to sell it. Ask your store rep to show you his Storm. Ask the VZ phone support person if they have one. They don't have them. Now there's a "new" Storm coming. The worse thing in NO communication from the company. I would not be as furious if a simple email or phone call addressing the issues and an up-date on when or if it could work as advertised. I love how if you read reviews on Verizon's web site, even the "positive" ones almost 90% of the time end with them mentioning the major issues with the product...lock ups, battery life, typing problems. I am sick and tired of sick and disappointed. What a piece of crap!
    05-20-09 01:17 PM
    Yes we have not gotten many OS updates.. HOWEVER, Verizon has always been the best customer service company on the market in my experience. I have gone to several other stores with friends to try to fix problems and it was a nightmare.
    05-20-09 01:17 PM
    I just voted, I'm out the door now to heave this paper weight at the VZ store. I think there should be a class action law suit against Verizon. They knew there were major issues with this thing, yet continued to sell it. Ask your store rep to show you his Storm. Ask the VZ phone support person if they have one. They don't have them. Now there's a "new" Storm coming. The worse thing in NO communication from the company. I would not be as furious if a simple email or phone call addressing the issues and an up-date on when or if it could work as advertised. I love how if you read reviews on Verizon's web site, even the "positive" ones almost 90% of the time end with them mentioning the major issues with the product...lock ups, battery life, typing problems. I am sick and tired of sick and disappointed. What a piece of crap!
    Ummm, what does this phone not do that it was advertised to do? First click touch screen, blackberry, browser, mp3 etc, and makes phone calls. Second of all, every verizon associate I see at the store uses the blackberry storm.
    05-20-09 01:18 PM
    Dennis 1956

"class action lawsuit?" haha. WOAH!
    05-20-09 01:20 PM
    Dennis 1956

"class action lawsuit?" haha. WOAH!

Yes. Ask other mobile carriers about them. It's one of the main reasons Verizon has it's head down and is avoiding responding to questions. Less said, less liability.
    05-20-09 04:53 PM
    Ummm, what does this phone not do that it was advertised to do? First click touch screen, blackberry, browser, mp3 etc, and makes phone calls. Second of all, every verizon associate I see at the store uses the blackberry storm.

How about reliable? Suppose you need 911 and the Storm decides to reboot?

Names and locations of reps who use the Storm please.
    05-20-09 04:56 PM
    Being a former Cingular (eh, now AT&T) customer, Verizon Wireless has far better customer service and far better network coverage. PERIOD!

I have the Storm for about 4 months. It is the BEST smart phone I ever have. NO problem whatsoever. And I am still running .75.
    05-20-09 10:52 PM
    Okay so thanks to Scorpiodsm, I figured out this poll thing.

Given all of the mixed feelings on the Storm I think it would be interesting to create a poll specifically targeting Verizon and the Storm. I actually bailed on mine just last week. Couldn't take empty promises by my local Verizon rep any longer!

So let's see how folks stand with their Storms 6 months after the release?
    you forgot to add other carrier such like telus and bell
    05-20-09 10:54 PM
    Interesting that the most reponses are either love it or left it... not as many in the middle ground. How decisive!
    05-21-09 09:04 AM
    Only 50% are happy (5/22 10:28)!?!??!!? All I can say is, Good For You!!!
    05-22-09 10:28 AM
    Only 50% are happy (5/22 10:28)!?!??!!? All I can say is, Good For You!!!
    If you spent more time not worrying about what OTHER people think, you might come off as a little bit less pathetic it's heart warming to know you care about us so much though
    Last edited by kinggeoff; 05-22-09 at 10:49 AM.
    05-22-09 10:46 AM
    Being a former Cingular (eh, now AT&T) customer, Verizon Wireless has far better customer service and far better network coverage. PERIOD!

I have the Storm for about 4 months. It is the BEST smart phone I ever have. NO problem whatsoever. And I am still running .75.
    Well said!

Every associate at the VZW store in my area carry Storms. (Most using leaked os's though lol)

05-22-09 10:51 AM
    I have maintained for awhile that this forum is top heavy in people who tend to complain about the Storm. I think it is the best smartphone I have ever had and most people who I have talked to agree with me.
    05-22-09 11:00 AM
    Now I want the company bankrupt and I want the CEO living out of a dumpster behind a Taco Bell.
    That is what really gets me about this whole mess, VZW response; or lack of. I have been with VZW I really cant even remember how long it has been, and up to the Storm they have treated me great. Prior to VZW I had been through most of the carriers in my area, never lasting more than a year with each. With VZW I got signal no matter where I was at. Whenever I travel with friends and co-workers everyone ends up using my phone. No matter where we are I have signal, those with other carriers do not. Their customer service was top notch. I washed my cell phone I had for about 2 months, called in told them what happened and they replaced it for no charge, even though I did not have the insurance.

Now you get to Storm; I am on my second one and it still has a bunch of problems. Even if I have signal there is still a chance I will not be able to pick or make a call because the phone will lock up and reboot on you. Their customer service has been trained to lie to the consumer now. I tried to return it within my 30 days, but I was assured by the CSR that just that morning they were demonstrated the new OS that was going to fix all the problems I was having. Given my past history with the company I fell for the lie. A few weeks later a friend turned me on to Crackberrry, I see that no matter where you are the CSRs are telling the exact same lie; a pretty good indication that Corporate is telling these CSRs to lie to keep people with the phone until the 30 days has past.

For everyone out there living in denial, yes I know this is a first generation phone and you have to expect some issues. If the issue was that if you hold the phone at a 45deg angle and then turn it slightly left it will lock up and reboot; that is a problem to expect with a first generation device. But when the issue is the phone rings, it will lock up and reboot; that is unacceptable.
    05-22-09 11:26 AM
    I'm ok with my storm. I don't love it but I don't hate it either (mainly because I was able to fix most of the problems myself). Also the leaked Os really helped. If I were still stuck on .75, I would have returned it. There are still is a lot of room for improvement though. But I doubt it will come with this storm or the bandade storm 2.

05-22-09 11:35 AM
    Storm is a great smart phone I really enjoy it a lot

05-22-09 01:50 PM
    I bailed on AT&T to get the Storm, then I bailed on VZW 3 weeks after I bought the Storm and went back to AT&T as I was diappointed.
    05-22-09 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD