100% agree, you are spot on..

if some one could now come up with an upgrade to allow wifi

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...for-pre-order/

but agree, we are close to killing the iphone
    I love my Storm but we are no where close to killing the iPhone nor will we.

Despite the fact they're both touchscreen, they're two very different phones. The Storm will never be as popular as the iPhone, Apple is absolutely brilliant when it comes to marketing. Apple stands for being hip and in style. They could build a toaster and every youthful person would line up and pay $800 for one....because Apple can get away with it.

And to think Apple was teetering on collapse in the 90's. And guess where the guy who played a large roll in coming up with the concept behind the iPod (i.e. Apple's saving grace) is today?

....at Palm working on the Pre.
    02-09-09 07:00 PM
    Just looking at the first page of this forum, and it looks to me like the Storm is still a turd. I actually thought that the Storm was decent in terms of hardware, and the OS was just poorly written, now I realize that both the hardware and software are generations behind the competition. Sad, I am not digging the banded graphics in .99
    I see your point...1'st generation storm is a generation behind a 2'nd generation iPhone...that does make sense...And remember the iPhone release was flawless, and everything that didn't work was fixed on the first day of release by the apple gods!

Where in that post did he mention the iphone? He was not making a comparison to it at all. You drew that comparison for what reason? He was just stating how the storm is still not a good phone for him. Are you trying to compare it to the iphone launch to make the storm launch look better, or simply saying since its first gen and the iphone is second gen, these types of issues are normal and accepted?

I guess I just don't see the point of comparing the two when that was not the case with the quote you posted (the initial comment/argument)
    02-10-09 11:18 AM
    Regardless, RIM was at the cutting edge of smartphones, Apple leap frogs them, and now two years later they release the Storm? What a let down. Why didn't RIM release the iPhone two years ago?
    Even the inital release of the iPhone was much more polished than the Storm is today, sad but true.
    02-10-09 11:31 AM
    Regardless, RIM was at the cutting edge of smartphones, Apple leap frogs them, and now two years later they release the Storm? What a let down. Why didn't RIM release the iPhone two years ago?
    Even the inital release of the iPhone was much more polished than the Storm is today, sad but true.
    Different day, same argument.

Your judgment is so clouded you can't even remember how buggy the initial release was.
    02-10-09 12:07 PM
    Different day, same argument.

Your judgment is so clouded you can't even remember how buggy the initial release was.
    The fanboi mentality is why the Buggy busted *** smart phones are the new reality.
    02-10-09 01:01 PM
    Where in that post did he mention the iphone? He was not making a comparison to it at all. You drew that comparison for what reason? He was just stating how the storm is still not a good phone for him. Are you trying to compare it to the iphone launch to make the storm launch look better, or simply saying since its first gen and the iphone is second gen, these types of issues are normal and accepted?

I guess I just don't see the point of comparing the two when that was not the case with the quote you posted (the initial comment/argument)
    He said "both the hardware and software are generations behind the competition.", and what is the main phone that most people compare the storm to....think....think....think...Oh yeah..the iPhone..and when the iPhone was released it was buggy as ****, and wow...it did take them a little while to get it taken care of. They still don't have all the issues worked out, even though it is second gen. The storm is buggy yes...I don't deny that at all, will they get ALL of the issues worked out...probably not. If you look at any smartphone there are issues in one sense or another. Was the storm released too early...yep in my opinion it was, but there's no reason to ***** and moan about it. It was released early...everyone who signed up for one has/had 30 days to return it if they didn't like it. If someone thinks the phone is a POS and still has it...well that's their fault, not rim, or verizon. If I bought something, and couldn't deal with the issues I wouldn't wait 30-60-90 days, and just whine like crazy...I'd return the thing, and that'd be it...I just don't understand why someone would buy something...have 30 days to return it if they don't like it, then after they don't return it they just whine about it like crazy. Yeah the phone has issues, and I just deal with them. Do I thin kthere's major issues...no not really...I've had mine for a while now (over a month), and the only thing I really noticed is that it's a bit slow on .75...I upgraded to .99, and it is much snappier. The camera in .75 is pretty bad, it's better in .99....and if I was to have issues in .99 I wouldn't be in here crying, because it's a beta. When the app store, and new O.S. are released it will improve more, and it'll slowly be polished until it is MUCH better!

My $.02
    02-10-09 01:34 PM
    Why do people hate on refurbs? I have had several and they all look and perform just as well as brand new units.
    Did he just negate his own point there?
    02-10-09 04:49 PM
    LOL, people just don't get it, doesn't matter how bad the product is, "the accelerometer ALWAYS responds within 5 seconds" "I have had zero problems with my phone, all the apps like quick pull work great"

I just do not understand the fanboi...
    02-10-09 04:59 PM
    LOL, people just don't get it, doesn't matter how bad the product is, "the accelerometer ALWAYS responds within 5 seconds" "I have had zero problems with my phone, all the apps like quick pull work great"

I just do not understand the fanboi...
    I don't understand the troll. Read the post it came from and you'll realize he's had multiple refurbs of other phones. It's not the Storm. Check his profile.

But trolls will attack whenever they have the opportunity. Pathetic.
    02-10-09 05:02 PM
    i think the app store will bring a new facet to an already amazing device.
    the leaked OS give me faith that the RIM people are pushing hard to corner the market for consumer AND business users.

Why do people hate on refurbs? I have had several and they all look and perform just as well as brand new units.

Anyway, I do agree its nice to see people getting along for the most part. Disagreement is fine, but what I won't miss is the people who would yell "troll" every time someone had some sort of issue with the Storm.
    OFF TOPIC:
    refurbs are tested to the same standards that new devices are. the odds of getting a lemon is the same with refurbs as with new devices, and the 30 day replacement still is in effect if you get it from asurion. if you don't like the one you get just call and complain and they send another. considered the same claim, after that its another claim. keep in mind your allowed 2 a year and they drop the feature off of your account and you have to wait 12 months to re-enroll in the service again.
    02-10-09 05:04 PM
    It's far from perfect but an occasional battery pull solves most of my immediate issues.
    all devices that are capable of what our phones can do need a battery pull about once a week. even winmo and the task manager function don't totally negate that requirement. its just part of what we are buying into with these devices.
    02-10-09 05:09 PM
    See below.

I don't understand the troll. Read the post it came from and you'll realize he's had multiple refurbs of other phones. It's not the Storm. Check his profile.

But trolls will attack whenever they have the opportunity. Pathetic.
    Just to clarify, I had a refurb 8300 before I had a brand new 8310, and both looked and performed just as well as the other one. Several others I know also have had refurb 8300's and 8310's with no issues as well. Plus the $30 off contract pricetag didn't hurt either.
    02-10-09 05:17 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD