So, it seems within the last month, "raves" have calmed down, bickering has even settled a bit. Developers are making awesome "nonsense" applications (BTW, i enjoy these VERY much) as well as productive storm tools. This phone is slowly and surely starting to make a kill, who else has noticed this? It seems almost instantaneously this phone has done a 180. A silent killer?
    02-09-09 09:03 AM
    I think folks are finally settling in.....
    Thats pretty much the way it goes after a phone has been out for a while. My take; the proof will be when the apps store opens.
    02-09-09 09:08 AM
    I agree. As well with the new leaked OS' people can see the "possibilities" of this device. We know it can never measure up to a "certain competitor" but it has its own candy-apple paint, and chrome trimming. Once all is hammered out, oohh boy. Slacker,QL, and WB applications have made this phone a breeze. As well as a lightsaber here and there..
    02-09-09 09:12 AM
    I agree, the iPhone is great dont get me wrong but the email is just unmatched and now with the apps IMO this will be a good competitor to the iPhone.
    02-09-09 09:29 AM
    I agree, the iPhone is great dont get me wrong but the email is just unmatched and now with the apps IMO this will be a good competitor to the iPhone.
    You make a good point regarding email. (This is my first BB)

I really really really really really wanted the iPhone but unfortunately, I'm not willing to switch to AT&T.

If the day comes when I get to choose between the iPhone and the Storm on Verizon's network, I really will be torn. I don't think any device can approach the iPhone still but I've really come to love BB's push email. The touchscreen on the Storm is fantastic too.
    02-09-09 11:15 AM
    yea the OS builds are finally getting more and more of the bugs worked out with the accelerometer lag and other things. and with the app stores coming soon that should settle people down more and more. if i had no dust, LOL i would be completely satisfied. as for now i dont mind it too much and ill just wait a while til i drop it bad down the line and then call good old assurion and tell them its lost forever gimme another! paying 5 a month you bet you *** im gonna drop another 50 sometime and get a new phone LOL
    02-09-09 11:23 AM
    Assurian sends you a refurb. Good luck w that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 11:33 AM
    yea the OS builds are finally getting more and more of the bugs worked out with the accelerometer lag and other things. and with the app stores coming soon that should settle people down more and more. if i had no dust, LOL i would be completely satisfied. as for now i dont mind it too much and ill just wait a while til i drop it bad down the line and then call good old assurion and tell them its lost forever gimme another! paying 5 a month you bet you *** im gonna drop another 50 sometime and get a new phone LOL
    1. Your old Storm is rendered useless as they disable the ESN once you report it lost through insurance.

2. There's a good chance you'll get a refurb via insurance. Kinda gross if you ask me.
    02-09-09 11:36 AM
    I have my original storm. 11/22 I have zero hardware issues with it. (Well, i do have some light leakage, but that doesn't bother me) I've dropped it face down on concrete, I've dropped it on it's corner and watch it bounce. Still no problems.

It's almost like i woke up one day to view the forums, and i didn't see the normal hate threads, yet i saw more developers creating applications, i saw people expressing their good experiences. Now, i'm not going to say the bad is done and over because we all know the truth behind that. But it does seem like this phone is starting to find it's "knick" in the technology world. I'm glad i still own it, and even with all frustrations kept it. I'm excited to use it now.
    02-09-09 11:39 AM
    Why do people hate on refurbs? I have had several and they all look and perform just as well as brand new units.

Anyway, I do agree its nice to see people getting along for the most part. Disagreement is fine, but what I won't miss is the people who would yell "troll" every time someone had some sort of issue with the Storm.
    02-09-09 11:47 AM
    Why do people hate on refurbs? I have had several and they all look and perform just as well as brand new units.

Anyway, I do agree its nice to see people getting along for the most part. Disagreement is fine, but what I won't miss is the people who would yell "troll" every time someone had some sort of issue with the Storm.

This isn't a thread about refurbs, or anything of the sort lol. Although,
    I'm going to have you agree with you on the whole refurb issue. I've never had a problem with refurb units, no matter what it be. My old 8330, a 46" Sharp LCD Television.. etc etc.
    Last edited by BrianW2007; 02-09-09 at 12:00 PM.
    02-09-09 11:50 AM

I hate on refurbs when someone destroys their own phone and claims insurance for a refurb. You'd rather have someone else's garbage than live with your own device that's 6 months aged? Or maybe has a speck of dust? Sad.

Regarding the trolls, we've lost a ton of them over the last couple of weeks. Without trolls, we lost the people who screamed, "TROLL!". And that probably has contributed to the more positive atmosphere here.
    02-09-09 11:57 AM
    I hate on refurbs when someone destroys their own phone and claims insurance for a refurb. You'd rather have someone else's garbage than live with your own device that's 6 months aged? Or maybe has a speck of dust? Sad.

Regarding the trolls, we've lost a ton of them over the last couple of weeks. Without trolls, we lost the people who screamed, "TROLL!". And that probably has contributed to the more positive atmosphere here.
    I agree with you on both points. Now that you mention it, I haven't seen the usual anti-Storm people around here. Perhaps they were shown the door when the mods went on their banning spree a little while ago. (No offense to the mods, I know those people needed to be shown the door!)

02-09-09 12:23 PM
    I agree with you on both points. Now that you mention it, I haven't seen the usual anti-Storm people around here. Perhaps they were shown the door when the mods went on their banning spree a little while ago. (No offense to the mods, I know those people needed to be shown the door!)

You are right, a couple were in fact shown the door. I'm normally against this (I mean, if you can't speak freely on an anonymous forum, where can you??) but the anti-Storm people were just drawing the vitriol of everyone on these boards.

I think you also have to question someone's motives too if they repeatedly come to this board to say negative things about the Storm. At some point, it's no longer about stirring discussion but rather seeing if they can get under people's skin. That didn't end up well for any of us so I have to thank the mods for creating a much more welcoming atmosphere here now.
    02-09-09 12:28 PM
    100% agree, you are spot on..

if some one could now come up with an upgrade to allow wifi

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...for-pre-order/

but agree, we are close to killing the iphone
    02-09-09 12:40 PM
    The storm is looking up. I am running .99 and have few problems. It's far from perfect but an occasional battery pull solves most of my immediate issues. I love my storm. As developers come out with products designed for the storm, it becomes more useful, easier to use, and with slicker packaging.
    02-09-09 12:56 PM
    100% agree, you are spot on..

if some one could now come up with an upgrade to allow wifi

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...for-pre-order/

but agree, we are close to killing the iphone
    I don't think the storm will kill the iphone anymore than the iphone will kill the storm. Both are good products that will be trying to outdo each other, which is only going to be good for us, the consumer.

02-09-09 01:07 PM

I don't think its the trolls that have died out, I think the phone has settled in and has become accepted as a buggy device so there is nothing else to "troll" about. It has lost its appeal.

People getting angry over the buggy OS have either sold, traded in or returned the device. So since they are no longer owners, they no longer care if there will be OS updates or if the phone gets fixed. This in turn reduces the amount of "I hate this phone because..." threads.

So, it seems within the last month, "raves" have calmed down, bickering has even settled a bit. Developers are making awesome "nonsense" applications (BTW, i enjoy these VERY much) as well as productive storm tools. This phone is slowly and surely starting to make a kill, who else has noticed this? It seems almost instantaneously this phone has done a 180. A silent killer?
    I think it is quite the opposite. The hype has died down and no one really cares about the phone anymore. I don't think its slowly making a kill, but in fact slowly being killed. I had several storms, I thought it was a decent device, just not what I wanted. The phone has just been accepted as is so why should anyone push to make it better?
    02-09-09 03:46 PM
    No we've lost a lot of trolls

02-09-09 03:53 PM
    maybe people just took our advice and returned their phones after hating them and moved on to something else?

i have to disagree on one point though, how have the betas shown us what this phone is capable of and made it a silent killer?

because for me, with the exception of a worthless too small portrait keyboard, the phone is exactly the same for me with .99 as it was with .75. sure there were lots of fixes along the way, but all those fixes were for things broken after .75.

it seems to me they just broke alot of stuff and then fixed it to make it seem like they did alot.

my phone is only a little bit faster with .99 than .75 also.
    02-09-09 04:17 PM
    Just looking at the first page of this forum, and it looks to me like the Storm is still a turd. I actually thought that the Storm was decent in terms of hardware, and the OS was just poorly written, now I realize that both the hardware and software are generations behind the competition. Sad, I am not digging the banded graphics in .99
    02-09-09 05:13 PM
    Yawn. Different day, same argument.

If you really disliked it this much, you would've gotten rid of it. Like many others, I've enjoyed both the software and hardware on the Storm.
    02-09-09 05:18 PM
    I would love to get rid of it, just waiting on Verizon to release something new or RIM to get their act together, probably the former. I have to use Verizon, not that it is any better than any other carrier.
    02-09-09 05:24 PM
    Just looking at the first page of this forum, and it looks to me like the Storm is still a turd. I actually thought that the Storm was decent in terms of hardware, and the OS was just poorly written, now I realize that both the hardware and software are generations behind the competition. Sad, I am not digging the banded graphics in .99
    I see your point...1'st generation storm is a generation behind a 2'nd generation iPhone...that does make sense...And remember the iPhone release was flawless, and everything that didn't work was fixed on the first day of release by the apple gods!
    Last edited by jfriz81579; 02-09-09 at 05:50 PM.
    02-09-09 05:43 PM
    I see your point...1'st generation storm is a generation behind a 2'nd generation iPhone...that does make sense...And remember the iPhone release was flawless, and everything that didn't work was fixed on the first day of release by the apple gods!

The sarcasm burns deeply.
    02-09-09 06:36 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD